(Rumored) Black Friday TVs at Wal-Mart

cireafan

I bought 3 of the 20in dvd combo's last year. 2 where for other people but I think they are still working. The one I gave my son, the sound went out on it a few months ago so I took it back. They gave me my money back so I upgraded and bought him one of the LCD screens with the dvd combo. If Wal-Mart didn't have such a good return policy, I wouldn't have bought from them. I guess you could pay more elsewhere and when you have problems with it, your stuck with it.

Analog TV will be dirt cheap because will soon be going digital signal and than they won't be able to give away the old analog ones. if you still have an analog when signal changes to digital will need a converter box. Happy BF shopping and don't get run over. Crazy!!

If you have digital cable or satellite, you will have the converter box. No digital signal will come in straight to the TV. They will need a tuner. All of the tuners I have seen so far have outputs for both HDTV and TV. Analog TVs will work long after analog signals stop transmitting.

Originally Posted by TheLegend

They blitzed the 23" Symphonic tube model last year for $99 and my Wal-Mart spent about 3 months trying to get rid of them all (after they dropped them to $88).

YES I NEEDED TO GET A TV FOR MY 2 YR OLD AND I GOT ONE OF THE $99 ONES AND THIS WAS ON BLACK FRIDAY....(RIGHT WHEN THEY OPEND THE PACKAGES) WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THEY HAD RANG UP AT $88 NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS VERY EXCITED AND ALSO THE 20IN FLAT/ DVD TV THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE $ 120 ENDED UP RINGING UP AT $99 THAT WAS AT OUR WALMART IN TN!!!! SO HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET THAT KINDA DEAL THIS YEAR....SO IF YOU ARE PURCHASING TVS WATCH OUT CAUSE YOU MAY GET AN EVEN BETTER DEAL.....I KNOW I DID!!!!

I bought 3 of the 20in dvd combo's last year. 2 where for other people but I think they are still working. The one I gave my son, the sound went out on it a few months ago so I took it back. They gave me my money back so I upgraded and bought him one of the LCD screens with the dvd combo. If Wal-Mart didn't have such a good return policy, I wouldn't have bought from them. I guess you could pay more elsewhere and when you have problems with it, your stuck with it.

My local walmart's return policy is now limited to 90 days. I think that is a more recent change to their policy.

precisely. They also have a very good 2 year service plan on high definition sets for only $58 too. That's why I shy away from ordering online. I want to have a store nearby where I can return the set if something goes wrong with it.

YES I NEEDED TO GET A TV FOR MY 2 YR OLD AND I GOT ONE OF THE $99 ONES AND THIS WAS ON BLACK FRIDAY....(RIGHT WHEN THEY OPEND THE PACKAGES) WHEN I WENT TO CHECK OUT THEY HAD RANG UP AT $88 NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS VERY EXCITED AND ALSO THE 20IN FLAT/ DVD TV THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE $ 120 ENDED UP RINGING UP AT $99 THAT WAS AT OUR WALMART IN TN!!!! SO HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET THAT KINDA DEAL THIS YEAR....SO IF YOU ARE PURCHASING TVS WATCH OUT CAUSE YOU MAY GET AN EVEN BETTER DEAL.....I KNOW I DID!!!!

yep, mine rang up at $88 too. It's a fine television for the price, it still works perfectly well.

May or may not be for black friday, but our purchase report lists 32" LCD HDTV's from Samsung and Emerson. The Samsung is probably going to be a normal item, but the Emerson had a price of about $700 or so and is likely to be a special feature of some sort. I'll need to look at the report again for the event code, model, and price.

Analog TV will be dirt cheap because will soon be going digital signal and than they won't be able to give away the old analog ones. if you still have an analog when signal changes to digital will need a converter box. Happy BF shopping and don't get run over. Crazy!!

Analog TV will still work great with satellite since it's not using the TV's tuner! :D

If WM can't then BB sure can. I posted some possible numbers that I found on another site this morning... check the rumored sale thread in BB forum ;)

Excellent news! :D

Hopefully they will be good models not cheap knock-offs like Ilo! :eek:

The link to the article that the numbers came from is www.twice.com/article/CA6383869.html

(I got the numbers first from another BF site first and posted them just as I found them.)

As I just posted in the other forum the article uses "top tier (1-2)" and "major brand". It's a very interesting read not only for the possible price points but also for the likely marketing strategy.

I agree with ya...

We got a 20" Symphonic 5 years ago for my son (then 2). The entertainment center collapsed, and it has been knocked over and beaten up on for 5 years and is still running strong. It is a little outdated, no a/v inputs, which is too many plugs w/ xbox and gamecube, so we'll definitely buy another this year. And I don't know how they're handled any differently. Like I stated in earlier posts, our walmart hands out tickets, then you pay, and drive around to lawn and garden and it gets loaded for you, so no BF damage.

Oh, I forgot to add that I bought a symphonic around 1993 or 1994. It finally went out on me a few months ago. I never had any problems with it. And honestly I think the only reason it died was due to a move. Also note this TV has been though half a dozen moves over the past 13 years.

to tell you the truth what they will lose at black friday will actually be less then what they lose with layaway.

that is why most stores have quite having it.

if you knew how mucha big lose it is. for example. they might lose a million not having it but with layawy they lose 2 to 3 million. thats per store and per month.

so in teh end to them its cheaper hust to stop having it.

if it wasnt for I was a store manager(different store) and I had to cancell lay aways every month and I tell you its a huge lose and we were a small store and we were losing millions. it eventually took the store under. they wanted to keep it for the people but the lose was so bad. it took the store out of business.

so I can understand how they feel. and why. true I still want layaway its the only way I can get stuff at times.

Well wal mart has got large numbers of 37 inch emerson lcd hdtvs in recently and they are made by Funai... right now they are $898 in store... do you think they could drop to $799 on black friday?

Can't beat that... get the warranty for $58, and you can go right to funai's website to find local authorized service centers just in case something happens. That's one reason I'm hesitant to get the westinghouse from BB.. I want a 37 inch and my senses tell me that this television is a blitz item.. (the emerson)

I got the 15" Panosonic LCD last BF. I think that morning they took the price down form $188 to $168?? Well, this past july, it started showing a pink and red "combing" action across the screen and then down. I thought it was shot but didn't discard it. Hubby replaced it with a 27" YAY! One day I plugged it in the master bath (no cable hookup) and it works! so there it stays!:D

I need a good deal on a approx. 20" LCD TV. Any inside scoops?

Meeeeee Tooooooo... I want one for ME to put in MY bedroom !!! Last year was Batman TVs, Disney Princess TVs, new LR TV. I rearranged my bedroom and watched the TV roll off the bed :shock: I have served my time !! :yup: