Stores that have the longest wait in line

pnutsmomndad

I've been out early the last 3 BF, yeah I'm a newbie but it's still fun. From my experience the lines are long pretty much everywhere.....but which store has the longest wait in line???

For me, that store would be Circuit City. Hands down, without a doub, there's no debate. That store is slow on a hot July afternoon as well as on BF. They need to save the money they spend on the OJ and Donuts for the early birds and use it to upgrade their computer / checkout systems.

Last year, the two for $20 DVDs had to be scanned, the individual UPC entered in manually, and finally another button had to be hit to get the discount. All this while the cashier had some manager whispering in her ear about how to do stuff while all the junk I bought kept piling up on the counter. Just fill the bag, shut your pie hole, and let the employee get to work..... which leads me to my other complaint..... can employers get their people trained on how to use the 10 key on the register without looking at it and use more than 2 fingers???

Anyways, my wife said we will never step foot in Circuit City again on BF. I wonder if it's because of the long wait in line or because the longer she waited in line the more stuff I picked out for myself.... gotta love those early bird specials!!!!!!! :2elephant

I'm not a really early morning BF person, and I've never been to Best Buy on BF (where I understand it's a zoo), but from what I have heard from my wife, KB Toys always has the longest lines, because they only have two registers, and because the employees are generally slow/incompetent (take your pick).

I'm not a really early morning BF person, and I've never been to Best Buy on BF (where I understand it's a zoo), but from what I have heard from my wife, KB Toys always has the longest lines, because they only have two registers, and because the employees are generally slow/incompetent (take your pick).

Yep BB is always a zoo. This may be the first year I'll avoid waiting in line at BB.

In my expierence, it all depends! FOr example, one year, we stood in line at TRU for 1.5 hours and the following year, there was only one person ahead of us in line! Friends of ours went to Best Buy, stood in line for 15 minutes while we stood in a line that wrapped around the store and were in line for about an hour, if not longer. At KB, since they only let a few people into the store at a time, you really don't have to stand in a check out line.

I have to say it's Best Buy. I've never gone to CC on Black Friday, but I think BB has them beat. First, BB is notorious for their long BF lines. I've never really seen a lot of people say CC has an unbearable line. When I've gone to BB the past two years, I had to wait about 2 hours in line.

--Mark--

Last year, we all split up and were in and out of TRU in 20 minutes (video games), in and out of CC in about 30, Walmart 45 minutes, but BB was a nightmare. I stood in line INSIDE to check out for 2 1/2 HOURS.

Everyone kept calling me to find out if I got lost or something as I never showed up for breakfast. The employees were kind enough to hand out Hershey mini candy from Halloween!!!! yuk.

Sorry to say, they have 2 items I really want this year, so I'll be there again with a book to read and a bottle of water and hope to get home in time for lunch.

Best Buy was AWFUL last year--luckily, I don't see anything I want from there this year!! Last year the line was wrapped all around the store--the end of the line was by the place where they sell the cell phones and wrapped all around the back of the store and then they started weaving the line through the appliances when it was closer to the check outs!! I swore off Best Buy for BF last year :-( Wal Mart was easy--I went to 2 of them--The supercenter was open, they didn't have what I wanted shrink wrapped when I got there at 5:30 (the little appliances and the bikes are what I remember most) so I just put them in my cart and went to the Garden center to get the bike (it was raining and the boxes were wet!!) and was in line by 5:45. They had every lane open at 6:00. I went to Best Buy after that, then Kohl's then the little Wal-Mart where I picked up the DVD's that I'd forgotten that AM :-)

MicroCenter took forever to check out last year - got there late at they didn't have an ad/flyer in the Thursday paper, only in Friday paper :curse: So I got there after other stops at about 9:30 - in line by 10 out by 1pm! :mad:

That's why I am so anxious to see their ad BEFORE FRIDAY this year. That's why I signed up for their email list, but I still have not received it this year and others have. Bummer.

Last year at Circuit City, the regular checkouts weren't that bad, but you had to wait in one line in the back of the store to purchase video game systems and video games. We waited almost 2 hours - there was only one register and they were entering the name, address, and phone info for every person purchasing.

BB is horrible for the past 2 years. Luckily I checked out first last year. I get what I want and get the hell out of dodge.

CC opened at 7 for us last year, so I was there by 6:30, and ready to get to their opening which I did, and I was like 3rd on line. Hoping for no crowd there again this year.