Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official ELMO T.M.X. Ordering Discussion Thread <<<

1243 replies to this topic

#121 raydees  OFFLINE  

raydees

This is my baby Chico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 15, 2006 - 3:08 pm

I finally got one of the TMX elmos and the way to go about it is, say they advertise them in a Wal Mart add 29.95 and the sale starts Oct 15th, you better be there 2 to 3 hours prior. I went to our local wal mart one evening around 9 pm and at 12 am they came out on the floor. I also heard that toys r us big book comes out in November and they have to have so many in stock so check that out. hope this is a little help

I think was using as an example.On how to get TMX. But if you call your local WalMart and ask for mgr ask them if they got any on todays truck. They will usally stock self late in evening or early in am. When not alot of customers in store.;)

#122 momof5plus1hubby  OFFLINE  

momof5plus1hubby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:02 am

I finally got an Elmo...yeah. Here is how i did it. I was on another website and they were telling everyone a trick on how to get one. It worked here it goes.. Heres a helpful tip when trying to find something at Target. They have what is called DPCI# which locate the product in a store and through the supply chain. For Elmo TMX I pulled up Targets website a few weeks ago and was able to find the DPCI# 204-03-2510. Ok so you may be wondering how this information is useful right. Well what you need to do is go into Target and find one of the red price scanners. They should have buttons on the right side of them. Type the 9 digit number from above and then hit the enter button. It should come up with the name of the product, the price of it, the aisle and most importantly if they are any in the stockroom (it will say yes or no). If it says yes quickly go to an employee and show him/her the same number and hope they are dumb enough to go get you one.

#123 nancydrew  OFFLINE  

nancydrew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:30 am

Haha sweet Im so going to try that.

#124 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:35 am

I finally got an Elmo...yeah. Here is how i did it. I was on another website and they were telling everyone a trick on how to get one. It worked here it goes..

Heres a helpful tip when trying to find something at Target. They have what is called DPCI# which locate the product in a store and through the supply chain. For Elmo TMX I pulled up Targets website a few weeks ago and was able to find the DPCI# 204-03-2510. Ok so you may be wondering how this information is useful right. Well what you need to do is go into Target and find one of the red price scanners. They should have buttons on the right side of them. Type the 9 digit number from above and then hit the enter button. It should come up with the name of the product, the price of it, the aisle and most importantly if they are any in the stockroom (it will say yes or no). If it says yes quickly go to an employee and show him/her the same number and hope they are dumb enough to go get you one.

Thanks, my wife and I will try that out this week :)

#125 63tjb63  OFFLINE  

63tjb63

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 9:36 am

Elmo TMX In Wal-Mart Main Warehouse I have been calling my local Wal-Mart every day for info on our furry little friend and they haven't heard anything and don't know anything untill it shows up on their computer. Today when I called, they were a little more informative. They told me that the shipments are suppose to be once a month. Which means, she says, is done for October according to the fact that they were out on Oct. 1st. But, infact she did say that it now shows that they are in stock waiting at their main warehouse. She couldn't tell me when...but it could be that they only know the day they are being shipped on their way to their store. She would have to know today (10-16) for them to be delivered tomorrow (10-17) to be on the shelves after midnight on the Wed. the 18th. as reported earlier. (at least not at my store) She also told me that there would be a limit on them now...thank God! Who knows...Does this mean Nov. 1st?????????? All I know for sure is that there are more sitting at Wal-Mart main warehouses! I'm tryin....

#126 raydees  OFFLINE  

raydees

This is my baby Chico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 10:33 am

I finally got an Elmo...yeah. Here is how i did it. I was on another website and they were telling everyone a trick on how to get one. It worked here it goes..

Heres a helpful tip when trying to find something at Target. They have what is called DPCI# which locate the product in a store and through the supply chain. For Elmo TMX I pulled up Targets website a few weeks ago and was able to find the DPCI# 204-03-2510. Ok so you may be wondering how this information is useful right. Well what you need to do is go into Target and find one of the red price scanners. They should have buttons on the right side of them. Type the 9 digit number from above and then hit the enter button. It should come up with the name of the product, the price of it, the aisle and most importantly if they are any in the stockroom (it will say yes or no). If it says yes quickly go to an employee and show him/her the same number and hope they are dumb enough to go get you one.

Thanks for the tip I'm going later today. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!

#127 toolmaan  OFFLINE  

toolmaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 6:25 pm

Maybe this is why production is backed up!! :rotflol: There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys. The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms. Well, Lena is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory and she is to report for her first day promptly at 8:00 AM. The next day at 8:45 AM there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's door. The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new employee. He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule. The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor. When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up. At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of Tickle Me Elmo's. She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles. The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little package between Elmo's legs. The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter. After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and approaches Lena. "I'm sorry," he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face, but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday." Your job is to give Elmo. . . two test tickles.

#128 raydees  OFFLINE  

raydees

This is my baby Chico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:29 pm

:giggle That was cute!

#129 Bunniq  OFFLINE  

Bunniq

Is it BF yet?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 16, 2006 - 7:44 pm

Toolmaan that really made my evening. :cheesy:

#130 kboyts  OFFLINE  

kboyts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 2:57 am

Maybe this is why production is backed up!! :rotflol:

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me
Elmo toys.

The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.

Well, Lena is hired at The Tickle Me Elmo factory and she is to report for her first day promptly at 8:00 AM.

The next day at 8:45 AM there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's
door.

The Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new
employee.

He complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is backing up, putting the entire production line behind schedule.

The Personnel Manager decides he should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to the factory floor.

When they get there the line is so backed up that there are Tickle Me Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really beginning to pile up.

At the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by mountains of Tickle
Me Elmo's.

She has a roll of plush red fabric and a huge bag of small marbles.

The 2 men watch in amazement as she cuts a little piece of fabric,
wraps it around two marbles and begins to carefully sew the little
package between Elmo's legs.

The Personnel Manager bursts into laughter.

After several minutes of hysterics he pulls himself together and
approaches Lena.

"I'm sorry," he says to her, barely able to keep a straight face, but I think you misunderstood the instructions I gave you yesterday."

Your job is to give Elmo. . . two test tickles.

I remember hearing that when the first tickle me elmo came out, but its still damn funny !

#131 mclaughlot  OFFLINE  

mclaughlot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 4:44 am

My mom scored 3 elmos at a kohls in a busy city at 5pm. They were buy one get one half off.

#132 mjoneshy  OFFLINE  

mjoneshy

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 5:26 am

Hi Mclaughlot..... What area?

#133 mclaughlot  OFFLINE  

mclaughlot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 6:01 am

Canton ohio

#134 hemifish71  OFFLINE  

hemifish71

• PipPipPip
  • 4 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 12:20 pm

By luck I got a TMX elmo on Sept. 19, I just happened to be in walmart on Sept 19 ( at 3pm, surprised they still had them) and picked one up. I also got 1 more on Toys R US.com between 5am and 6am (up feeding my 2 month old) on Fri Sept 22 and then the following Friday around the same time same thing, they were available. I havent seen them since, but I'm thinking they list them on their website on Fridays in the early AM. The 2nd Friday I tried to order 1 more and I thought I was successful but they cancelled my order. Since then, I havent seen them, but maybe try early a.m on Fridays. I'm trying to be the "cool aunt" and get my 3 nieces and nephews each one, I'm almost there... Oh, walmart.com had them listed around 5 or 6pm and I thought I had one because I added it to my cart, but it said there was a problem with the quantity. So early AM on Toys r us.com and 5/6pm walmart.com. That's all I know. Hope this helps.

#135 chickpea  OFFLINE  

chickpea

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 12:35 pm

I heard that Toys R Us infact will have them on the 27th or 28th because of the big book coming out one of the sales people on the floor told me they would be here towards the end of the month. I also know it is first come first serve no orders will be taken. So good luck everyone.

#136 hpowers  OFFLINE  

hpowers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 12:51 pm

I have never gotten a message from the T.M.X. tracker, has anyone else?

#137 hpowers  OFFLINE  

hpowers

• 3,876 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 1:20 pm

I was referring to the one here. The free one.

#138 angeleyeskkhr  OFFLINE  

angeleyeskkhr

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 3:24 pm

I don't know if this is off-topic or not but I wanted to post a word of caution if you're buying the TMX for your kid: My mother bought my 2 year old daughter the Tickle Me Elmo TMX for her (2nd) birthday and DD is STILL (like 10 days later) scared of it. She's gotten to the point where she MIGHT touch his head or arm if he's not "working" but the minute ya press his belly and he starts laughing she runs and hides in the nearest corner she can find. So, if you have small children, I'd be wary about it personally.

#139 laffnatu  OFFLINE  

laffnatu

• 4,253 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 3:51 pm

Stopped in at my local Kohl's the other day. Nothing. Went to the Kohl's a couple cities away, walked into the Toy department and there were 4 elmo's just sitting there. I was shocked. 40% off. :)

40% off of the Elmo TMX??? :gdwow:

#140 raydees  OFFLINE  

raydees

This is my baby Chico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:21 pm

I have never heard from TMX Tracker here. I just look on Walmart.com Tue & Weds. They have had Barbie w/TMX and spanish TMX. I'm hoping will have TMX soon

#141 BunniesBunniesBunnies!  OFFLINE  

BunniesBunniesBunnies!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:30 pm

I've called all my local stores (Walmart, Target, K-Mart, Toys R Us) and they said the only shipment they've recieved was their FIRST shipment. Good lord! Do we have ANY general idea of when stores will get them?

#142 raydees  OFFLINE  

raydees

This is my baby Chico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:36 pm

I've called all my local stores (Walmart, Target, K-Mart, Toys R Us) and they said the only shipment they've recieved was their FIRST shipment. Good lord!

Do we have ANY general idea of when stores will get them?

I know that my local Walmart has had them. I asked for mgr and asked if they where on truck he informed me if they are than would be put out around 10pm or early am. I did get one I still need 2 more. And I think Toys R Us will have TMX for Big Toy Sale.

#143 BunniesBunniesBunnies!  OFFLINE  

BunniesBunniesBunnies!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:41 pm

I know that my local Walmart has had them. I asked for mgr and asked if they where on truck he informed me if they are than would be put out around 10pm or early am. I did get one I still need 2 more. And I think Toys R Us will have TMX for Big Toy Sale.

What's the Big Toy Sale?

#144 BunniesBunniesBunnies!  OFFLINE  

BunniesBunniesBunnies!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:43 pm

Just called my Kohls and they ARE selling them. They've gotten two shipments in. Yay, new places to luck!

#145 BunniesBunniesBunnies!  OFFLINE  

BunniesBunniesBunnies!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:47 pm

I hate to post three times in a row, but one Kohl's told me 'they are noting a truck delivery' so try tommorow!

#146 raydees  OFFLINE  

raydees

This is my baby Chico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:49 pm

I heard that Toys R Us infact will have them on the 27th or 28th because of the big book coming out one of the sales people on the floor told me they would be here towards the end of the month. I also know it is first come first serve no orders will be taken. So good luck everyone.

hope this helps see above for Big toy sale @ toys r us

#147 BunniesBunniesBunnies!  OFFLINE  

BunniesBunniesBunnies!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:53 pm

So since TRU gets their truck every Thursday (according to my store..) should I try on the 26th or the following thursday?

#148 raydees  OFFLINE  

raydees

This is my baby Chico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 4:58 pm

I would start calling when truck comes but if going to be in the toy book sale will not be on floor til than

#149 mom2maddynsky  OFFLINE  

mom2maddynsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 5:50 pm

I don't know if this is off-topic or not but I wanted to post a word of caution if you're buying the TMX for your kid:

My mother bought my 2 year old daughter the Tickle Me Elmo TMX for her (2nd) birthday and DD is STILL (like 10 days later) scared of it.

She's gotten to the point where she MIGHT touch his head or arm if he's not "working" but the minute ya press his belly and he starts laughing she runs and hides in the nearest corner she can find.

So, if you have small children, I'd be wary about it personally.

i guess it depends on the kid. my 20 month old loves it!

#150 galax_mom5  OFFLINE  

galax_mom5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 18, 2006 - 6:07 pm

bought 2 in OK at wal-mart. Will be going to get more on next shipment.

Huseboy,

Where in OK RU? I'm in the Tulsa area & having NO LUCK AT ALL :no:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users