Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official ELMO T.M.X. Ordering Discussion Thread <<<

1243 replies to this topic

#1231 kodis97  OFFLINE  

kodis97

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 6:42 am

i just came from wal mart in york south carolina and there must have been 50 stacked in the middle row and no one was even looking. and tru had alot too this morning! good luck and merry christmas all!:fluffy:

#1232 DaFees  OFFLINE  

DaFees

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 11:29 am

Hey everybody, I just came back from my wal-mart here in Hanover, PA. It was a jungle out there, but I gathered up the nerve to ask one of the workers in the toy department if they had TMXs left, and he turned me around and pointed me at the floor, where what sat was two TMXs... If it weren't so close to christmas I might have had picked up the other one and put it up on Ebay, but hey I'm just so excited I got the one! P.S. Good Luck to everyone still looking for one, and Merry Christmas to all!

#1233 J_Man  OFFLINE  

J_Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 6:21 pm

I was in Wal-Mart last weekend and saw one. I was in with my wife. We picked it up and carried it around the store looking for any kid that seemed to be thrilled to see an Elmo. No kid even gave a second glance, but the parents did. We figured if there was any kid at all that seemed interested that we'd give listen to the conversation to see if the kid wanted it. If so we'd ahve pulled the parent aside and gave it to them for their kid. Again though, all we saw were adults with dollar signs in their eyes. I don't do the Ebay thing so we took it to the shoe department and placed it in an area a kid would find it but not an adult. I put it eye level to a kid but an adult would have to be leaning over to find it. With luck some kid got lucky and it didn't end up on Ebay.

#1234 JayDouble  OFFLINE  

JayDouble

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2006 - 7:25 pm

I was in Wal-Mart last weekend and saw one. I was in with my wife. We picked it up and carried it around the store looking for any kid that seemed to be thrilled to see an Elmo. No kid even gave a second glance, but the parents did. We figured if there was any kid at all that seemed interested that we'd give listen to the conversation to see if the kid wanted it. If so we'd ahve pulled the parent aside and gave it to them for their kid. Again though, all we saw were adults with dollar signs in their eyes. I don't do the Ebay thing so we took it to the shoe department and placed it in an area a kid would find it but not an adult. I put it eye level to a kid but an adult would have to be leaning over to find it. With luck some kid got lucky and it didn't end up on Ebay.

Actually you'd be lucky to get what you paid for it on ebay. In most cases you can get it cheaper on there if you don't include shipping. Serve those scalpers right.

#1235 Princessarky  OFFLINE  

Princessarky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 23, 2006 - 6:55 am

Actually you'd be lucky to get what you paid for it on ebay. In most cases you can get it cheaper on there if you don't include shipping. Serve those scalpers right.

yep kind of glad elmo is popping up into stores now all the parents that cant or wont pay ebay prices that they were getting are able to get elmo now :)

#1236 sissykus  OFFLINE  

sissykus

2centsgivenhere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2006 - 5:12 pm

My mom just purchased the tmx elmo at a kbtoy store in bluefield west va and says they have them at local stores in wytheville va: kmart, walmart, etc.:elmo:

#1237 Princessarky  OFFLINE  

Princessarky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 25, 2006 - 5:03 pm

Well now that Christmas is pretty much over with as far as online sales go, it'll be sitting there with all the other Elmos no doubt. It'll be the big seller at Big Lots next year. I still wonder how many kids wanted one versus how many parents wanted their kids to have one.

well I wanted elmo for my kids and he is a HUGE hit here even with all the other things so very glad we were able to get elmo for them

#1238 Princessarky  OFFLINE  

Princessarky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 21, 2007 - 11:11 am

Just wondering how many kids are still in love with tmx elmo since Christmas??? Mine still are, my youngest was so sick on Christmas day and elmo was the only toy he played with. My mom got him the elmo chair for his bday in Jan so we are getting a house full of elmo fast lol

#1239 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 21, 2007 - 11:20 am

My Elmo is still in the box in the office. It wasn't really a present since the kids knew I had it but I figured I would wait to open it until the excitement over the other toys died down. Every so often, they lift the flap on the box but that's about it. I saw a ton of them at Costco and Target this past week though.

#1240 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,109 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 21, 2007 - 12:34 pm

I ended up returning the one I bought. The box would just automatically go off and it freaked us all out .. lol.

we did dig out our "original" Tickle Me Elmo that my youngest got when she was 2 (she's 12 now).

edited to add: AND the original batteries in that thing STILL work! lol

#1241 amyers12345  OFFLINE  

amyers12345

Unofficial Resident Tax Pro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 21, 2007 - 12:53 pm

We couldn't wait to open the one we bought way before Christmas. The kids got a kick out of it for a couple of days, and never touched it again. I packaged it back up and sold it on ebay. Somehow it brought a fortune, even though it was used. They've never asked about one since. I saw a couple in Target the other day, but haven't seen them anywhere else.
The biggest impact you can make on the environment is to leave as little impact as possible. -Toyota :D

#1242 Sunshyne  OFFLINE  

Sunshyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 21, 2007 - 1:54 pm

Little ds loves it. He hugs him and carries him around all the time! It's funny though...he was having a hard time finding his tickle spots. (He's 18 months), so he would lay Elmo down and then lay on top of him to make him laugh! It was hilarious.

#1243 kmcnabb108  OFFLINE  

kmcnabb108

Let's find a deal!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 25, 2007 - 8:15 pm

My niece still loves hers! But she loved the box even more!

#1244 J_Man  OFFLINE  

J_Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Mar 3, 2007 - 9:18 pm

Yeah all the stores around here has them. Even KB Toys has several just sitting there. Christmas is over and nobody is really buying them. I was told at KB that only 1 has sold in the 3 weeks they have had them. It'll be at Big Lots for sure by Christmas 07.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users