Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official ELMO T.M.X. Ordering Discussion Thread <<<

1243 replies to this topic

#61 teebee  OFFLINE  

teebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 4:53 am

nope not me. i was sleeping too.

#62 houts880  OFFLINE  

houts880

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 4:55 am

I went to SuperWalmart in the next town, 20 mins away. I called the night before and the manager said they are getting the elmos in and would put them out at 7am. Well I show up at 530am.. NONE arrived. So I go back towards home. I thought I would just check out the small walmart in my town. I pull up at 6:58.. There were about 2 people outside.. So I now know that they dont have any. They open the doors and the door lady says.. they have a few back in the lay a way. So I walk/run.. they had 21. Some fools start sprinting towards the dept. I got 2.. the last two.

#63 momof5plus1hubby  OFFLINE  

momof5plus1hubby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 5:05 am

I went to SuperWalmart in the next town, 20 mins away. I called the night before and the manager said they are getting the elmos in and would put them out at 7am. Well I show up at 530am.. NONE arrived. So I go back towards home. I thought I would just check out the small walmart in my town. I pull up at 6:58.. There were about 2 people outside.. So I now know that they dont have any. They open the doors and the door lady says.. they have a few back in the lay a way. So I walk/run.. they had 21. Some fools start sprinting towards the dept. I got 2.. the last two.

YEAH I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

#64 Lyricsmama  OFFLINE  

Lyricsmama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 5:26 am

i was there at midnight, and NOTHING, they ended up not getting any in.

#65 Bunniq  OFFLINE  

Bunniq

Is it BF yet?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 5:53 am

I started to go around midnight to the closest WalMart to my home. I called and they said today around noon. I called back because that didn't sound correct, and was told 6AM. I have given up on my search. I still have my order showing on Amazon, and they say if they get any more that mine will be filled unless I cancel the order. The good news is that my nephew went to a birthday party and the birthday girl was given an Elmo TMX, and someone mentioned that all the little kids would want Santa to bring them an Elmo. My nephew goes, "Ooo noooo Santa's bringing me Elmo chair." We don't know where he saw the chair, and thank goodness I had already gotten one for him.

#66 blessedmamax7  OFFLINE  

blessedmamax7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 6:21 am

I needed 4 for my toddlers. So I called around and a town 35 minutes away was putting them out at 12:01.DH and I got there at about 11:15. They said they would be at the service desk and only one per customer. So DH and I went to the service desk and were the first in line! They only had 15. DH and I got one each. Whoo Hoo! As we were leaving some woman was walking in and she got all excited and we looked at her and said they are all gone. She goes Oh nooooooooo. They told me to be here at 12:00 and I would get one. It was 12:08! Sorry! I jokingly said I'll sale you mine for $100. She was going to buy it! So anyway I got up this morning at 5:15 and headed to our Walmart. They wouldn't tell us where they were going to put them or how many they had. But they would begin distributing them at 7:01.They finally decided to avoid a stampede or whatever they would have them in Layaway. So walked/ran to Layaway and was the 2nd in line and got my last two! Whooo Hoooooooooo! So glad I got these. My kids will love it! Even the box is cute!

#67 Lightning_  OFFLINE  

Lightning_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 6:38 am

There were 20 in Bowling Green ohio lastnight. They told my mom they would release them at 3:00am. She got their at 12:00am and they gave them away early.

#68 no one  OFFLINE  

no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 6:38 am

:yup: Got the last one at my walmart.. They got in a total of 8...

#69 laffnatu  OFFLINE  

laffnatu

• 4,253 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 6:46 am

All I can say is, "Thank God my kids have outgrown Elmo." :lmao: Good luck getting them. :)

#70 matrix2004  OFFLINE  

matrix2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 6:48 am

I went this morning, got there 10 minutes to 7am. There were already about 30 people in line. A guy from walmart came out and said the first 21 people would get one. He had already taken names of the first 21 people that got there earlier on his clipboard. Well, i went home and went back to sleep. I WILL FIND YOU ELMO, OH YES, OH YES.

#71 Rockfordmom  OFFLINE  

Rockfordmom

• 6,316 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 6:51 am

All I can say is, "Thank God my kids have outgrown Elmo." :lmao:

Good luck getting them. :)

ditto

#72 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,721 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 1, 2006 - 7:06 am

Thank god I don't need one. lol. Sounds crazy. congrats who got one though. Not even resale would make it worth it to me to try and find one.

#73 Jennifer0530  OFFLINE  

Jennifer0530

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 2, 2006 - 4:57 am

I called one of my local wal-mart's and was told by the store manager that they got 35 of them and that they would sell half at midnight and the other half at 6:oo a.m. and that they got the largest shipment in the area, I get to this walmart at 11 p.m. and was told "Sorry we only have 3 and they are already spoken for" I went back to the layaway and talked to the 3 ladies who were in line and I only missed out by like 10 minutes. So I called DH and we both called like 5 other walmarts to see how many they got in, well one walmart 20 minutes away got 51 of them. So I left really fast and was speeding on an interstate to get to the next walmart, I was speed walking into and thru the store and I got inline then two ladies got in line behind me and they ended up being the last ones to get an elmo. If I would have got in line after them I wouldn't have got one because I only wanted 1 and the ladies behind me wanted 2 a piece but the one lady only got 1 because I got 1. Atleast I got 1 for my daughter. 1 family in the front of the line bought 10 of them, 2 per person in their family and one of the persons in their family was 2 years old. There was a couple walmart associates standing in line and they started yelling at their assistant manager who was running things (I guess she just completed her manager training) and says that it was to be 2 per customer and since the father paid for all 5 transactions with one credit card that was breaking walmart rules, basically by the rules that should have counted as one customer. They started telling people to call 1-800-walmart to complain because there was about 8 people turned away. What did everyone pay for their TMX Elmo? I had to pay $39.99 because that is what their ad said, but I had gotten an ad in the mail that said something like $34.88 one time deal but I didn't take it because I thought wrong and figured they would have the right price on them. I was so mad! Has anyone opened their elmo and played it? We did when I got home with it and he does a couple more things than what was shown on TV and Mattels web-sight and he doesn't do things in the same order either and plus he hardly just sits down on the first tickle. Edit: I just watched some of the videos on youtube and some of the elmos only do the sitting first, laying down second, then the first two and then the stomach position. But some don't really ever do the sitting position, it just bends over then flys back to the laying on his back. This is what mine mainly does and sometimes he just stays bending over laughing and it looks like he is hitting his head on the floor. Wonder if Mattel changed them some from the first production?

#74 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,653 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 2, 2006 - 2:24 pm

IN STOCK AT WALMART.COM:

http://www.tmxtracke....php?order_id=2

#75 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 2, 2006 - 2:27 pm

IN STOCK AT WALMART.COM:

http://www.tmxtracke....php?order_id=2

Out of stock already :( damn that was fast.

#76 Haley28  OFFLINE  

Haley28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 2, 2006 - 2:28 pm

If you try to order it, it says the item has just gone out of stock.

#77 huseboy  OFFLINE  

huseboy

Husegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 2, 2006 - 2:39 pm

dang it

#78 Lyricsmama  OFFLINE  

Lyricsmama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 2, 2006 - 5:15 pm

Hmm I JUST ordered one at walmart.com went thru fine.

#79 Guest_Frieked_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_Frieked_*
  • Member since --

Posted Oct 2, 2006 - 5:18 pm

Hmm I JUST ordered one at walmart.com went thru fine.

Hmmm, wtf still no good for me.

#80 jujenm  OFFLINE  

jujenm

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 3, 2006 - 10:07 pm

I'm from texas. do you know where i can get tmx?

#81 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 3, 2006 - 10:12 pm

I'm from texas. do you know where i can get tmx?

Check your local Target, Walmart, KBToys, KMart, Toys-R-Us, Sams Club and CostCo.

You might have the best luck at Sams Club or CostCo since they require membership (unless you have a day pass).

$34.99 @ CostCo B&M http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=48683

#82 holly2hottie  OFFLINE  

holly2hottie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 5, 2006 - 12:04 pm

Hey Everyone. Just got back from a Kohls and found some Elmo Tmx. They were 39.99 and 40% off. Then since I used my Kohls charge I got an additonal 20% off making them about $20 each. I got 4 for my kids and my niece and nephew. Thats all they had left. Everyone check a Kohls near you. This deal just can't be beat. Good Luck Everyone!!!!

#83 rae662000  OFFLINE  

rae662000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 5, 2006 - 12:38 pm

I figured this and tried to catch some at two stores today and they were all fresh out but kuddos to you :D

#84 bugsette  OFFLINE  

bugsette

• 5,623 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 5, 2006 - 2:12 pm

wow thanks I never thought of looking there

#85 femalesliealot  OFFLINE  

femalesliealot

Thank you very much-oh, Mr. Roboto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 5, 2006 - 3:11 pm

I checked mine and didn't find any but Thanks for the tip!

#86 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 5, 2006 - 6:39 pm

Hey Everyone. Just got back from a Kohls and found some Elmo Tmx. They were 39.99 and 40% off. Then since I used my Kohls charge I got an additonal 20% off making them about $20 each. I got 4 for my kids and my niece and nephew. Thats all they had left. Everyone check a Kohls near you. This deal just can't be beat. Good Luck Everyone!!!!

Thanks for the tip. Kohl's is new to our area, so I wouldn't have considered checking there.

#87 ebony0421  OFFLINE  

ebony0421

• 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 7, 2006 - 1:21 pm

I needed to get 1 little TMX, but no one has them here. We don't have a Kohl's, JcPenney's or Target. I tried Wal-mart, K-b and Toys r'us. I've been trying the stores online and having friends and family members hunt for me. At this point, I don't know what to do.

#88 tdeuel98  OFFLINE  

tdeuel98

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 7, 2006 - 7:21 pm

So if I keep refreshing the walmart online page will it show "in Stock" when they are in??? - I am new to this gottadeal and so far I am lovvvvving it.:D

#89 Jenh1973  OFFLINE  

Jenh1973

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 8, 2006 - 10:19 am

OMG!!! I just happened to be a Kohl's today, which is a store I seldom go to. I was in the check out & saw a man with 3 Elmo TMX's. I asked him where he found them. Some young kid was taking them out of a box & directly placing them on the shelf. I got the last one. The stock boy said the store only got a total of 9 in. Pure luck!!! oh, & Kohl's is having a Columbus Day sale & I got the 30% the regular price. I got Elmo TMX for $23.99. The stock boy was telling others they could get a rain check.

#90 Bebopalula  OFFLINE  

Bebopalula

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 8, 2006 - 12:48 pm

Thanks for the tip about Kohl's. My local Wal-Mart is only getting in about two at a time now and they don't even make it to the toy dept. You just have to be there when the truck comes in and ask for one at the service desk. They are controlling it so there is only one to a customer.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users