Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

*** Official "I'm Back" Thread ***

306 replies to this topic

#301 stacy0479  OFFLINE  

stacy0479

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 13, 2011 - 11:41 pm

I am back too!! Was mainly gone cause my husband was deployed for 6 months and with twins and a teen, it was hard to get online!! But I am back and can't wait for BF!!!!

:usflag: I love my Navy man!!!! :usflag:

:gdflower3: Makaela & Blake born 3/7/10 :gdflower3:

#302 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,074 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 14, 2011 - 4:50 am

Welcome back!

#303 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,968 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 9, 2011 - 8:26 am

I am back finally!!!!! Things have been very bad around here the last several months. My BIL's wife went missing, then turned up dead. He is listed as a suspect, but the police have not given out cause of death or anything, The police say that there are other suspects but won't name anyone. This happened back in June/July, but things were going downhill from about February. There is a huge fight between him and her family. My FIL has moved down until things have been resolved. We had our vacation planned and 4 people had to cancel at the last moment. We went as a family and arrived in Myrtle Beach late the Sunday afternoon. On the Tuesday afternoon I get a phone call from my Sister that our little 4lb Yorkshire Terrier was missing. We had hired a sitter to come to the house to take care of our 3 dogs, 1 cat and 3 birds. My Sister stayed at my house until Sunday afternoon (we left at 1am that morning) The Sitter came Sunday night to walk our 2 bigger dogs. Monday morning when he came to take the bigger dogs out, he "forgot" to lock our baby gate blocking access into our mudroom from our kitchen and well as he did not close our door into our garage. Rafi my Yorkie got out and has not been seen since. The sitter did not notify us, and finally contacted my Sister on the Tuesday and she called me immediately. We packed up and drove home and arrived home Wednesday morning. My life has been so upside down since. Rafi is microchipped and our final hope is that someone found him and kept him, but has not taken him to the vet because they know he is microchipped and hope we will take down the signs and give up the search for him. The other options of what might have happened to him I don't even want to think of. In late August we got a notification (I have been looking to adopt another Yorkie for a year now) that there was a puppymill closure in Alabama and a Kentucky rescue had over 20 puppies of various ages that they had up for adoption and could be transported here to the NE. We ended up adopting Hayley now 2lbs 5ozs and 13weeks old and Teddy now 3lbs and 16weeks old. They are 1/2 brother and sister. I am just getting back to the outside world, and looking forward to the holiday season this year and the end of 2011. I am sure that 2012 will be much better. Thanks for reading and its great to be back here.

#304 packratfamily  OFFLINE  

packratfamily

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 27, 2011 - 6:54 pm

Back here again to read everyone's posts and see what others are doing/planning. :)

#305 bigjimslade  OFFLINE  

bigjimslade

• 4,332 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 9, 2012 - 11:45 am

I am back after a very busy and unexpected start to the year. I did not want to be gone from GD but life does get in the way sometimes. I dont want to bore anyone but below are some highlights. Sewer pipe exploded under my house and had to gave it fixed. Started a new business (good thing) Was in a hit and run accident in end of June (i am ok and not hurt) I am glad to be back!!

#306 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,074 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 9, 2012 - 1:17 pm

I am back after a very busy and unexpected start to the year.

Welcome Back!! Glad to hear you're well.

Some folks have already been asking after you :)

#307 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,541 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Aug 9, 2012 - 8:45 pm

Welcome back, Mr. BigJim Black Friday Webcast! Great to hear you're at least OK after everything that's happened :)

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users