Wal-Mart to end layaway...

I'm with all of you on that... I agree it will hurt their sales.. I know of many who couldn't afford the holidays in any other way. I told my mom this and she was upset. I'm anxious to see if they REALLY follow thru with it. Let's see what happens. I'm sure they will get MANY complains.

we should start a petition!! hehe :)

I did put stuff on layaway today, mostly because I actually had the time to do it, and there were a few things I wanted to get, but I didn't bring enough cash with me(I was only going to buy SW Lego's). Not a word was mentioned about the new policy, although I heard a few employee's talking about AFLAC, and how my store was going to start offering it.

It's true-- check out walmartfacts DOT com then watch for "Wal-Mart Will Phase Out Layaway Program" on the changing headline at the top (a link to the article about this). This website is directly linked from Wal-Mart's corporate website, plus the contact info on this site is the same as Wal-Mart's, so I'm pretty sure this is legit! :(

ending Nov. 19th and all have to be out Dec. 8th Signed

This is the release date for Wii and new Elmo. This ruined my day when I heard.:(

Well, the PS3 will be released before the Wii so you can always get that if you have $500-600 to shell out.