Organization? (Do you carry ads with you? What about cash and wallets???)

momof2many

We usually just put all the ads in a bag and go through them every time we get back in the car LOL!!! I do try to write down what I want at each store and the price in a little pocket sized tablet but I like the idea of a binder. So this year I think I'll give that a try!!!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Love the binder idea - will have to use that this year.

For DVD's I've always found it helpful to create a spreadsheet. The movie titles running down the page and the stores running accross the page then just fill in the boxes with the prices. It makes a quick reference all movies on 1 page (all other items I'm buying are on different sheets separated by store). I try to grab as many titles at the 1st store and price match what I can. When you have 10/15/20 titles at the counter it really speeds things up at the registar to separate the titles and find which ad to hand the cashier for the price match - then cross it off the list. The next stop I check for any titles I missed - or if the first store wouldn't price match pick it up cheaper or price match at store 2, and so on, and so on, and so on.

I try to avoid bringing a purse. I make up an envelope for each store that I want to hit. I put my list in and any parts of the add that I have cut out into the corresponding envelope. I leave the envelopes in the car except for the one I currently need. Envelopes work great because you can easily throw them away when finished and you can fold them up in a pocket while shopping.

Other necessities, cell phone, small amount of cash, debit card (kept in pants pocket). Oh and chap stick. Long lines outside + cold wind=chapped lips!

I usually take my purse, but this year I think I should leave it in the Tahoe or at home. To much meanness. I usually have a small spiral notebook with my list by store and the price. I also have my wish list from my kids in this spiral. Then after hitting all of the early morning sales, I take a break and make a list of what I already bought for my boys. I have to stay organized.

Well i have all kinds of ads with me to PM because we only have a walmart near by ( 20 miles away). And I discovered last year people will steal your ads out of the cart which sucks. so I think the folder or binder would be a great idea. and I love the idea of sticky notes on the cover of each as to tell me what was in each ad to pricematch. because I was in the check out line franticaly searching for each item to PM kinda like the scene people had in there van, where the he** is that doll!!

I am thinking those little post it flags on the pages each item is at labeled will be helpfull especially when other people want to use my add to price match with also.

I don't take a purse. It's too easy for someone to scam off with it. I have a clip for my keys...they go on the belt loop. Cash is limited to less than $5.00 & is in a closed coin purse. That goes in the front pocket, with my debit card.

My cell phone also goes in a front pocket.

The only thing I carry is my notebook that has the details of what, where, price, how many, & who it's for.

The only other thing I make sure I have is a shirt pocket full of Hershey kisses. I pass a couple along to the very harried checkers or other workers that have helped me with something. It's amazing what that can do for specials! Or for items that someone has decided they don't want at the very end & winds up under the register. :gdlicklips: