Organization? (Do you carry ads with you? What about cash and wallets???)

momof2many

I take my phone so I can wake people up lol and read GottaDeal.com forums. I also take my DL, credit card, keys and a small amount of cash.

The ads I carry if price matching, and of course my GottaDeal.com shopping list!

I lost my jacket that had two inside pockets. I hope to find a deal on another soon.

I keep the ad for the store I'm at in my back pocket for comparison, my money in 1 front pocket, cell phone DL, and any gift/credit cards in the other front pocket.

I leave my wallet @ home or in the car - don't want someone to "accidentally" bump into me from behind and steal it.

you know i think i might just do the binder thing this year...its growing on me how everyone is talking about it...its clever idea...just means i have to buy another paper...just to have duplicates...cuz other people will be shopping at other stores..so they might need the ads too

I usually have credit..but some cash..cuz you never know what the systems will do..oh and sometimes checks too...i carry it all...lol...can never be to sure...lol

to answer my own question,

I binder my ads.

-> Ads get 3 hole punched.

-> Wanted items get circled with a sharpie

-> Ads put into binder in the manner of which I plan to shop them

-> Dont plan to shop? Punched and put in the BACK if the binder in case someone in line needs a peek.

As for Wallat, I carried my purse last year, but I think this one, I am gonna carry my debits and credits I plan to use in a seperate ziploc baggy and in my pocket....UNDER my oversized clothing.

:shock: i should try that this year.

I take the ads with me, but keep them in the car. I only take the ad of the specific store I'm at in with me (in my bag). As for cash, cards, cell phone, etc. I take my messenger bag/purse so I can have my wallet with me and I put whichever store ad I need in there aswell. I also take an 3X5 card and write down each item I'm going after for each store, so i'll have a card for BB, CC, Target, etc. and when I'm done with that store I throw the card away.

It seems to work out well for me, so that's what I'll be doing again this year.

I like the binder idea. I am definitely going to try that this year. I usually don't take all the ads into Walmart but I am going to start so I can PM as much as possible.

Usually hubby carries the debit card with him when we go and I don't have to carry a purse. It's a pain to keep up with your purse on BF with so many people going crazy.

I cut out each pictured item and tape it onto an index card. I write the name of the store on the front as well as the price (if its not on the ad cutout). I sort the cards by store and thats what goes in with me. I keep full copies of ads in the van for price matching. They go in with me if I know I'll price match. I pretty much know that laterin the day I'll be price matching so it works well for me.

busylilnurse

I've been reading this thread all along, but I'm not sure if this was suggested or not. Apologies if it has.

Instead of punching holes in the ads (and possibly punching a hole through valuable information!), what about the binders that have the clear sheet protectors? A bit more expensive unless you already have those on hand, though.

Last year, GottaDeal had that great feature that allowed you to put a check by each sale item offered by store. . . . I hope they do it again!

They sure will. There's already a link for the shopping list feature on blackfriday.gottadeal.com and it will be active once ads start coming out.

I put D:/credit cards in my business card holder and put it in the front pocket and cell phone in the back pocket. (I'm planning to get a bluetooth before BF for the ear).

I have a notecard binder with each store labeled with the applicable items. Ads stay in the card in case of price matching. The card and any applicable coupons are pulled out before going into the store and placed in the other back pocket.

Gotta keep the hands free!!!

wow that binder idea was great. also was thinking about maybe buying a couple of gift cards from Giant Eagle to get the fuel perks also

Oh hey ya know what I NEVER thought of that! Huge Thanks for the idea! With the double fuel perks yesterday I paid $1.19 a gal.! Love those fuel perks :2wiggle: Plus if I have the extra $$ now to buy them I don't have to worry about trying to save so much for BF, I'll already have it in Gift Cards.

Thank You :yelclap:

OK, my BF dress is Overalls, with shirts and sweats under and coat or coveralls over. I keep my wallet and cell phone in my front chest pocket pocket with a pen.

I keep the ads in my back pocket folded. The store I am at goes in the left, the stores I will go to in my right.

Also, last year I used my paypal debit card, so I got 1% cash back on everything even the stuff I bought for other people and they paid me back.

ALSO, at BB I have a rewardzone card. And many people do not. SO when the person in front of me was asked "Do you have a reward zone card?" and they said no and no they don't want one I asked, do you mind scanning mine? Last year I was behind someone who got a plasma, a laptop and a computer :) I think it was about 45 or 55 bucks free from BB

I think that was such a Great Idea from Bugsette I'm sending you some GD points. Hope you can use them!

:2wiggle:

I usually carry a purse with a longer handle and put it over my head and across my body. But I clean out my purse and only take what I really need for that day. I also keep cash in my front pocket along with my bank card.

i bring all the ads of the places i'm going to for the day inside my backpack.

typically bring only the cards i'll be using along with my id.

no cash, no wallet.

i like the OPs idea of the binder and 3-hole punch, i might do that this year as in the past my ads would get all messed up over time. instead of circling the purchase items though, i make a printout of all the items with their costs and categorize them by how important they are and group them by store with first store being the first i will visit, etc.

to answer my own question,

I binder my ads.

-> Ads get 3 hole punched.

-> Wanted items get circled with a sharpie

-> Ads put into binder in the manner of which I plan to shop them

-> Dont plan to shop? Punched and put in the BACK if the binder in case someone in line needs a peek.

As for Wallat, I carried my purse last year, but I think this one, I am gonna carry my debits and credits I plan to use in a seperate ziploc baggy and in my pocket....UNDER my oversized clothing.

Hard Core!!!

But you know what, that sounds wonderful! Last year, I was at Best Buy and the girl was like, "If you had your Circuit City Ad, this would be $13.99." I swore then that I was never leaving an ad behind!