Organization? (Do you carry ads with you? What about cash and wallets???)

momof2many

I usually had a clear passport wallet for my things but I've lost it! :( I'm going to give a 3 ring folder thing a shot and use the pockets for the receipts. I'm hoping that'll work and since it's a paperback folder, I can fold it up when I'm all done. So, I'll have all ads that I'll be price matching at walmart paper clipped together and then the walmart ad behind those and I'll write out another list unless I get a printer before then to print out the handy dandy GD want list of what I want/need.

The GottaDeal wishlist, a Credit Card (with cashback on all purchases, of course) and Driver's License is all I carry. I don't want to risk my wallet. There's so much going on that I just leave that at home and let the CC do the talking all day. :P

I don't carry a purse at anytime during the year so I have my wallet in my pocket (making sure my jeans are well fitting so as not to lose it getting in and out of the car) I have any ads that I'm price matching and the ad for the store I'm going into. I love the binder idea I'm going to give that a shot also. I lost my Target ad last year to a gust of wind! The binder would be a great idea and would give me more reading material in line thanks for the idea!

I only hit 2 big stores last year (WM and Staples) and didn't PM, so I didn't need the ads, although the binder's a great idea. If I do more stores this year, I'll probably do that. (It's a great idea to keep all ads together as well as for something to look at while waiting).

Don't forget that once the ads start coming out they will be posted on http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com where you'll be able to view your Shopping List (http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/ShoppingList) and print one to take out with you on Black Friday!

So, if you don't want to carry the ads around with you, you'll be able to select what you want and have it all with you on one sheet of paper. :)

we keep all the adds in the van. we review them as we drive from store to store and have a detailed list to carry with us into the store, product name, price, and probably locations of items in the store. we all split up in the store so if we are going seperate ends of the store and we are close to something on anothers list we pick it up for them. as for money - i keep cash in a seperate pocket ( usually front jeans pocket for lunch when the door busters have expired lol) debit card in back pocket, and i have a sweater that fireman use to keep warm ( LOTS of pockets) for cell phone and reciepts. when one person gets through the line or wants nothing form that particular store that person runs home while others are shopping and trades vans so we can fill another lol

We use the BF want list feature (last two years) for both the "must haves" and the "maybe wants". Then we highlight the must haves so they're easy to see. We do a lot of "Free after rebate" items on BF so we note them on the list as well. That way when we get to the check out counter we know if we need rebate forms, separate receipts, etc.

We make a master list of stores, items and store opening times. From that we plan a route based on opening times, priorities and location. If we finish a store early, we can either go to the next one on the list or run into one that's lower on the priority list but already open. We're always able to get to 3-4 stores before they open and can count on getting some of the best bargains.

I have my GottaDeal BF shopping list (makes it soooo much easier to have everything together) and a wristlette that has my cell phone, car/house keys, debit/credit card, and drivers license (since it goes around my wrist and is very small, I can palm it in my hand and don't have to worry)

Wow impressive... my mom and I always laugh when we see the organization.. then 10 minutes later we're in the van going.. "where the hell is that Walmart ad, I thought the DVD was at Circuit City, no wait it's at Best Buy, I need that Brandsmart ad to pricematch....alright somone had a Cabbage Patch doll who was it?, crap I forgot the Barbie dolls"

I think I'm going to take your lead and organize a little better this year..

Last year though.. 2 copies of the ads thrown in the van, perused at each location.. definitely no purse, credit cards in pocket and a cell phone so we can say "I got it, I got it!!, rendezvous at the checkout line stat!!".

Its like you were in our car... Oh boy do we go thought that too. We always have 2 copies of the ads but somehow somewhere gremlins:cheesy: break into the car and take them and we can't find the ads until Hmmmm the following week

I always carry my cell phone, cash& debit cards in my front pocket. Purse just gets in the way.

Last year, we rushed out the door (was not organized) but I did have a list of what I wanted to get. We only went to Walmart, knowing they price match, so we just put everything in the carts from the list, then found a corner to sort out and organize LOL ;)

This year, I'm thinking binder may be the way to go, but no purse for me this time!!! money & debit cards in my pocket! Purse just gets in the way anymore LOL

I always put my ads in the van - and stuff the ones for the stores I am visiting at that time into my purse (take a LARGE on on BF... you'll need it!)...

As for cash (ONLY enough for coffee - LOTS of coffee! and Lunch)... the rest will go on 1 credit card that I use ONLY for this day and pay off RIGHT AWAY... all other cards are left at home - that way if something happens and my purse gets stollen (God forbid - but it happens)... I would only have to contact 1 CC company - Also - when the credit is used up on the card I take... Time to GO HOME!!! ;)

I pack a small bag for the camp-out the night before. The ads are in there. When we put everything back in the van in the morning, before the store opens, I keep the ad of the store I'm on the way into. After that I only take the ad of the store I'm going into at the time.

I usually don't carry a purse on BF. My iPod Nano , earbuds and cell phone go into one of my pockets. For money I carry one or two debit cards. If anyone finds it on me, it won't do them much good. They will be getting arrested.

I own a tiny money pouch that fits in my pocket. I go out alone so my husband doesn't let me carry a purse. His worse fear is I'll be robbed (I understand as I read about purse snatchings every year). I put my credit card in it, drivers license and cash for the day. Works out great and my arms/hands are free to grab! I also put my cell phone in my other pocket in case I have to touch base with my sister/mom in other stores. We seperate to make sure we get all the deals we want. One person goes to a different store with there list and the other persons to that store. Works out great.

I break out my fanny pack that has my mini wallet containing my license, 2 credit cards, cash and my list (want and need are separate). Circulars are kept, in order of attack, on the front seat so we can take with us what we need only.

I only wish my life was as planned out and organized as BF:rolleyes:

Last year at Wal-Mart they gave you copies of the ads and a map of the store where everything on the ad was located. Far as yer funding, I suggest against purses and fanny packs that people can grab and run. Pockets are good for either cash or credit cards. But just to be on the safe side last year I put our cash in my shoe 'till we were ready for check-out (the wife made certain I had clean socks on! :yuck: ).

I bring the ads with me, even if I have been to that store. This year, I was in Staples later in the day and was able to show someone in line how the item they were going to get for $20 after rebates could be purchased at Circuit City for $5 after rebates . . . and that yes, they had quite a few in stock when I left :D

Of course, the ads also help pass the time while you re-read them for the 50th time in line.

I don't have a lot to buy for people, and I have a fear of crowds, but I still do Black Friday (I usually get myself what I have been wanting all year as well when the price is low).

I put my two credit cards, a little cash, and my drivers liscense in my front pocket, along with an index cards of my wants and needs that I hand copy off my Gotta Deal Wish list.

Yeah, do what I did. I went to CompUSA at midnight, then spent the rest of the morning waiting for Circuit City to open. Both were located inside the mall. :)

. . . of course, some losers still insisted on waiting by the outside doors. I can't see how that really helped them. I'll bet the employees spent more time handing out tickets for the small-volume deals inside the mall than they did outside in the freezing cold.

I thought I was VERY OCD in this category...until I read all of your replies. Seems I'm normal. ;) Here's my list:

1) Actual ads from Thursday's paper

2) Notebook listing in order all the places I want to go, with their respective lists of items I'm going after.

3) Debit card in back right hand pocket (so I don't have to dig through my purse to get to it) (I also put all my receipts from debit card purchases in my back left pocket to keep them all in one place.)

4) I also carry a separate wallet that has nothing but coupons (buy1-Get1...or gift w/purchase, etc.) in it.

I'm liking the lanyard-around-the-neck idea for debit card and DL....and I may consolidate my ads and notebook into one item after reading momof2many's ideas.:gdcool:

to answer my own question,

I binder my ads.

-> Ads get 3 hole punched.

-> Wanted items get circled with a sharpie

-> Ads put into binder in the manner of which I plan to shop them

-> Dont plan to shop? Punched and put in the BACK if the binder in case someone in line needs a peek.

As for Wallat, I carried my purse last year, but I think this one, I am gonna carry my debits and credits I plan to use in a seperate ziploc baggy and in my pocket....UNDER my oversized clothing.

Wow you are organized!!!!!

I take my ads but usually keep them under my jacket so that people in line dont ask to borrow them :D

I usually always bring the ads with me. I go all out with waiting through the night. Last year, me, my gf, and my friend showed up at best buy around midnight. We were around 50. My friend brought his tv, I brought the extension cord, dvd player and movies. We found an outlet, and basically watched war of the worlds and a couple episodes of the simpsons in the best buy parking lot. Once 5am came around and some of the staff came out telling us the rules, me and my friend packed all of our stuff up in his car while my gf held our spot. As for money, I just brought my wallet and debit card. I wasnt even there for anything huge. I just got the 3 seasons of 24, and a couple movies. I recommend the tv idea. The time goes by fast. I remember everyone around us last year wish they thought of it.