Organization? (Do you carry ads with you? What about cash and wallets???)

momof2many

to answer my own question,

I binder my ads.

-> Ads get 3 hole punched.

-> Wanted items get circled with a sharpie

-> Ads put into binder in the manner of which I plan to shop them

-> Dont plan to shop? Punched and put in the BACK if the binder in case someone in line needs a peek.

As for Wallat, I carried my purse last year, but I think this one, I am gonna carry my debits and credits I plan to use in a seperate ziploc baggy and in my pocket....UNDER my oversized clothing.

to answer my own question,

I binder my ads.

-> Ads get 3 hole punched.

-> Wanted items get circled with a sharpie

-> Ads put into binder in the manner of which I plan to shop them

-> Dont plan to shop? Punched and put in the BACK if the binder in case someone in line needs a peek.

Wow impressive... my mom and I always laugh when we see the organization.. then 10 minutes later we're in the van going.. "where the hell is that Walmart ad, I thought the DVD was at Circuit City, no wait it's at Best Buy, I need that Brandsmart ad to pricematch....alright somone had a Cabbage Patch doll who was it?, crap I forgot the Barbie dolls"

I think I'm going to take your lead and organize a little better this year..

Last year though.. 2 copies of the ads thrown in the van, perused at each location.. definitely no purse, credit cards in pocket and a cell phone so we can say "I got it, I got it!!, rendezvous at the checkout line stat!!".

The binder is FANTASTIC. Gives you pockets to keep handouts from the stores. AND you can get one of those kids clear pencil pocket things that sit in binders to put reciepts in.

You have all the ads right there. And if anyone around you wants to see it, easy to find!

Last year I took the ads that I was price matching (I only go to WM and price match everything, because the next closest store that is not a WM is about 1/2 hour -45 min away) I had the pages marked so that I could show the items, and I had a list of what I was getting. It worked really well. I was in the store at roughly 4:30am and out at 6:30am and had everything I needed, it helped that my Mom, DH, sister, Aunt and cousin also went so we had a few of us line up at pallets and the others went around the store and got the other items.

I have my wallet and cell phone with me, of course. If you are asking about "safety", I always keep my wallet in my front pocket, even on non-BF days, it's just more comfortable.

Same here. It doesn't feel right when it's in my back pocket.

I always bring my wallet, there's no way for pick picket because it's in my front pocket and I wear a hoody that passes jean pockets. I hardly bring any cash though.

I always have the ads with me so I can price match at Walmart, I carry a passport wallet around my neck so I have my hands free and do not have to keep an eye on my purse. I also make a list of what I want from each store. I really like the binder idea and I think I will add that to my organization. I really like the idea on how to keep the reciepts too!

I pull out the ads for the stores we are going to and make sure we take then with us in the car.

I wear my badge lanyard around my neck and fill it with driver's license and debit card instead.

I also have a seperate, typed list, of the must have items from each store. I don't usually need to take the ads into the store with me - but I like to have them just in case.

I take a little note each store has its own page, then I just write down what I want from each store and the price. Once I leave the store I rip the page off and off we go. I do keep the ads in the car but I have been over then a million times by then. So I know there is nothing more then whats on my list that I need or want.

Heck no I don't bring my purse!! If it got stolen I would cry my Coach's are like my children LOL. My DH carries the cash and not many people will mess with my 6'5 300+lb DH.

I will hold on to an ad if there is something particular I'm after. Plus, it gives me something to go over while I'm in line.

I don't normally write anything down though. I just come up with a "mental" plan. Normally I know the store well enough to plan a route through in my head.

It has been a few years since I have gotten to experience BF since I was in Europe for 3 years. I hope that I still remember how to do it.

;)

Small canvas bag that holds wallet, cellphone, snack item/soda bottle and ads. My daughter and I have made these for BF for the last 6 years - get the small bags on sale at ACMoore/Michael's, use fabric paint or make iron-ons for decoration. We make them the week before (or a couple days before if we're running late) for me, daughter, my 2 sisters and their daughters if they come shopping, and my mom when she was still alive. The design and bag color change by year to whatever we think looks cute.

Not sure if we're making them this year as we might have much less actual shopping to do -- kids have gotten older and toys have started to give way to gift cards or "group" gifts. Not nearly as much fun.