Shopping on Turkey Day

vonnyb

I go every year to Kmart. Last year my DH got the DVD/VCR combo at Big lots for like 30 or 40 bucks bad thing is like less then 30 days after we opened it the damn thing broke. The taps wouldn't come back out. When I took it back with the recipet I got my money back because they didn't carry them anymore.

I don't, it's sacreligious. Stores should be closed. I feel bad for those employees.

Well, I don't think its sacreligious but it would be nice if all the stores were closed T-day and Christmas so that people can have a day with their families but on the same vein, my husband doesn't get paid holidays so if he takes off, he works another day for it or we just don't have his income for that day. He works all days like memorial, labor, president day-anyday like that. There are also people that really don't celebrate Thanksgiving and would prefer maybe to out shopping instead of home since they have it off. I use to work in a Video shop when I was in college and volunteered to come in and work since I didn't have family to be with so that some of the family people can have the time off. I hope that stores give a choice to employees to work those days and pay them extra-I am sure thats not the case but nice thought huh.....LOL

I am always out on turkey day shopping. My mom & I would go to Shopko & K-Mart. Now that we dont have a K-Mart, it is just Shopko. Our Walmart now is opened on turkey day cause of it being a super store but they really dont have nothing special on this day. We still go there to pick up any extra stuff to avoid having the trouble of getting it on BF. LOL

I go to Kmart for the Gameboy games. Usually don't see anything else that strikes my fancy there. I usually go for the opening or there wouldn't be any left and I can get back home in time to make our meal. We have no Big Lots, so Kmart is pretty much the only store open on Thanksgiving Day here.

Our Kmart manager was really nice last year. Since it was extremely cold, he let us come in the little foyer area before the store opened.

I hit kmart 1st, then big lots on thanksgiving day. three years ago they were giving away free gift cards at kmart on BF, my eldest son and his family were visiting and we went to kmart 1st. I was number 6 and he was number 7 in line, well when we got to the check out we learned he had a $500 gift card so any place that offers free gift cards, i will sit in line all night to take that chance, by the way my gift card was for $1. geeeze

I always seem to find myself at Kmart first thing that day..and drive down to Meijer...they both usually have pretty good sales...especially if you know what the other stores are going to have..you can get the items that arent on sale then then, and then you dont have to worry about it the next day

and how can someone NOT walk into Kmart...i mean yes years ago it was a disaster (bankruptcy and no stock of most items due to that)...but at least the ones here have cleaned and kept up with store layouts and getting stuff in...i guess its a YMMV thing...