HOME DEPOT Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

I have been using this TV for about 3 days now (granted as a computer monitor) and it's ok. The standard cable picture is ok too, for the price. There is a noticeable difference in quality of one of these vs. a Sony of course, but it makes a great bedroom or 2nd TV.

how does it look in HD?

I was wondering if anyone went for these last year? I am prego with twins and the thought of trying to get that thing in my vehicle that day just doesn't sit well. I was wondering if it would fit in a car (backseat) or if I need to scam the truck from my hubby.

Was also wondering if you can buy things at home depot and go back later to pick them up. So if I bought the ladder in the am then had a friend come later with a truck to help me pick it up.

I saw it online for the same price this morning, but of course it didn't qualify for the free shipping because of the weight.

Wonder if they have a lot of them?

Tanya

...Was also wondering if you can buy things at home depot and go back later to pick them up. So if I bought the ladder in the am then had a friend come later with a truck to help me pick it up...

Our Home Depot will let you do that. When we bought our gas grill, it was assembled so we had to come back with a truck to get it home. They gave us a slip before leaving that we showed them when we came back to pick it up.

I'm kind of nervous about going there since there are no vouchers and it's a run and gun type thing, does HD usually have a big line at opening? I'm in a wheelchair or crutches right now (bad motorcycle) and i'm worried that i'll be pushed over or stepped on, i'd rather not have to have my pelvis rebuilt a second time

GOT TO HD AT 5:30 AM IT OPENED AT 6 AM I WAS THE 4TH PERSON IN THE STORE THEY WERE OUT OF THE TVS ALREADY THEY SAID THAT THEY HAD 6 TVS(32"LCD ) DID'NT SEE ONE GO OUT THE DOOR ASKED STORE MANAGER WERE ARE THEY HE STUDDERD AND SAID THEY WERE SOLD ALREADY BUT HOW I WAS THE 4TH PERSON IN THE STORE NO ANWSER I SAID I THINK THE EMPLOYEES HAVE THEM STASHED ALREADY HE SAID NO AFTER ONE MIN.HE SAID THAT THE EMPLOYEE ARE NOT ALLOWED WENT HOME CALLED CUST. SERVICE THE WANTED TO GIVE ME A $10 GIFT CARD I TOLD THEM THAT IS A INSULT TO ME SHE SAID WHAT DO YOU WANT I SAID SOME DISCOUNT ON ANOTHER TV SHE SAID I CALL THE STORE CAME BACK PRETTY MUCH TOLD ME GO POUND SALT NO DEAL ONLY THE 10 DOLLAR GIFT CARD. DID ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO THEM?:mad: :mad: :mad::gdparanoid:

THEY WERE OUT OF THE TVS ALREADY

A local HD in my area had their TVs out lasts week and sold out of them. Too stupid to read the huge flourescent pink signs on the pallets that said BLACK FRIDAY ONLY. My store didn't put ours out until after the store closed Wednesday night in preparation for today.

We have a new Home Depot and when my Hubby went to get the Christmas Tree at about 9:15 they still had 2 of the TVs at our store. That is probably only because a lot of people don't know about the store being open yet. Although it has been open for a couple months.

In my experience as a vendor calling on retail stores including home depot. Home Depot is BY FAR the poorest run, most ass backwards, non caring, understaffed retail chain out there. If there is worse out there I have not had the experience of doing business with them. Home Depot is not the same company it was 5-10 years ago.

At my store the original shipment of TV's didnt come shipped with the pink sign so they put em out...but we got some more in closer to black friday specifically for that. Store manager had a choice on whether to put the first batch out.

GOT TO HD AT 5:30 AM IT OPENED AT 6 AM I WAS THE 4TH PERSON IN THE STORE THEY WERE OUT OF THE TVS ALREADY THEY SAID THAT THEY HAD 6 TVS(32"LCD ) DID'NT SEE ONE GO OUT THE DOOR ASKED STORE MANAGER WERE ARE THEY HE STUDDERD AND SAID THEY WERE SOLD ALREADY BUT HOW I WAS THE 4TH PERSON IN THE STORE NO ANWSER I SAID I THINK THE EMPLOYEES HAVE THEM STASHED ALREADY HE SAID NO AFTER ONE MIN.HE SAID THAT THE EMPLOYEE ARE NOT ALLOWED WENT HOME CALLED CUST. SERVICE THE WANTED TO GIVE ME A $10 GIFT CARD I TOLD THEM THAT IS A INSULT TO ME SHE SAID WHAT DO YOU WANT I SAID SOME DISCOUNT ON ANOTHER TV SHE SAID I CALL THE STORE CAME BACK PRETTY MUCH TOLD ME GO POUND SALT NO DEAL ONLY THE 10 DOLLAR GIFT CARD. DID ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS HAPPEN TO THEM?:mad: :mad: :mad::gdparanoid:

He was probably stammering because they were probably bought by employees before BF. That's what happened at my sister's store. By law I guess they are required to have one on the floor. Don't think its right but it happens. She said the Managers bought them. :(

He was probably stammering because they were probably bought by employees before BF. That's what happened at my sister's store. By law I guess they are required to have one on the floor. Don't think its right but it happens. She said the Managers bought them. :(

there was not one on the floor not even a open space were it MIGHT OF BEEN they had the plasma tv there but when i ask if i could get a break on that one (this is when i was on the phone with cust. service) i was told no with is not fair that is called FRAUD:smart: :yup:

there was not one on the floor not even a open space were it MIGHT OF BEEN they had the plasma tv there but when i ask if i could get a break on that one (this is when i was on the phone with cust. service) i was told no with is not fair that is called FRAUD:smart: :yup:

Yes it is. I'm sure people were mad.:mad:

in Fayetteville NC hOme depot I called the day prior to BF and customer service said they had between 15 and 20 of the 32 inch tvs for 479. when I got inside( i was about the 10th person) they didn't have any at all ..salesperson told me that never got any in... customer service said different????!!! hmmmm I wonder who was right... so I bought a 42 inch for 1488 with coupon...but I may take it back AAFES IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A LCD TV AROUND 32 INCHES FOR $279 TODAY SO I'M GOING TO CHECK IT OUT....oh and is the picture supposed to be better on a plasma..thats what I got at Home Depot but the pic may actually be a little worse than my 6 year old tube tv???