MILITARY BX Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

computer specs

desktop Compaq amd athalon 64 3500+ 512 Mb Ram 160GB hard drive, DVD-RW with light scribe, keyboard and mouse, XP media center 15" lcd monitor

laptop HP notebook, 15.4 TFT screen, Turion 64 MK-36, 512 MB Ram, 80GB hadr drive, DVD-RW drive, Microsoft Media Center

:mad: My husband is a disabled vet and he is not able to shop at any AAFES... What a crock!! :confused: Why can a retired vet shop and not a disabled vet???

Your right that is a crock. I'd write congress. Send all the guys off to get hurt then don't leave them the perk of the PX and commisary :(

Mara

Wow no camcorder :( No 1080p HDTV :( Ok the coupon up to $500 is that 10% off an item costing up to $500 or a savings up to $500. I want to use it on a BIG HDTV. THinking of using the Saturday 20% one if its a saving's up to $500. Thanks

Mara

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/militarybx/Category/all/Rebates/yes/EarlyBirds/yes/Page/3

"Sony CyberShot 6MP Digital Camera $135.00"

Just wanted to let everyone know that that camera is probably the DSC-S500.

SONY Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera DSC-S500

* 6.0 Megapixel Super HAD CCD for cropping and big prints

* 3X Optical/2X Digital Zoom to bring subjects closer

* Optional Memory Stick Duo media recording

* Large 2.4" LCD Screen for shooting and sharing

* Cyber-shot Viewer software for PC thumbnail viewing

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=DSCS500&LOC=3

http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/imagesProducts/650x650/DSCS500.jpg

A decent camera, but nothing to write home about.

Where are the ad's can I get them now at the PX or shoppet or was this a leak? I'd like to see saturday's ad and Sunday's in hopes of a good camcorder. Can I use the 20% coupon on something over $500 then they just knock $100 off?

Mara

In the past, on black friday, they made an announcement over the intercom stating all toys were an add'l amount off. Last year I think it was 20%. You had to be paying attention to what was said to hear, but once the word got out...it was easy pickins! I scored with the add'l off and the coupons and the gift card and the price matching and the tax free...it was GREAT! Even though the ad didn't offer much, Its still the first place I'm heading on Black Friday. :yup:

Is the PX only for military people or can regular people people shop here too? Also, who do I find out if there is a locate store here in Minneapolis, MN zip 55406. Thanks.

It's Military only. Its tax free and you have to present military ID

Mara

:mad: My husband is a disabled vet and he is not able to shop at any AAFES... What a crock!! :confused: Why can a retired vet shop and not a disabled vet???

my dh is medically retired and can shop...may have something to do with his standings or I would have him check into that.

I am soooo disappointed!!! I don't think I'll be going at all this year.......... Baskets at 50% off you got to be Kidding me

!!!!!!!!

What a marketing strategy.........Drive the last few loyal customers away with crappy "deals"....... I am ticked off....!!!

Kandy?! Walmart or K-mart?.........lol