video cards on black friday...

mdjobadze

basically if ur lucky enough you might have a high end video card that has been crippled by removing pixel pipelines(not reallly important what they do, but that more is better) and with a simple driver update(probably omega drivers or something else) you might be able to have a high end card without paying as much

Yeah, the vanilla 6800 thats on sale only has 12 pipes open. There is a way to softmod it (change it) to open ALL the pipes. Makes it a LOT faster for a fraction of the price of the more expensive models. If you buy it, PM me and I can help ya

Mad Dog FX5200 Video Card - $29.99 AR at CompUSA

Does anyone know if this card is any good? I'm looking for a new video card to play some newer games, but I don't want to pay too much, is this card worth it?

That card is nothing but dog crap on a circuit board. Dont buy it unless you wanna waste your money.

well, if you want a card that will LAST a LONG time and it will be worth every penny, then go with any of the Geforce 6800 series. (regular 6800, XT, and Ultra)... the 5200 is not worth it at all unless its a temporary card. i am buying my brother geforce 5900 xt for only 80 bucks since i dont have the money... how many pipes (if any) does the 5900 have? can i do anything to make it better? (although i do not want to get serious into modding the card, but if its software than thats fine)....