Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Survey 101 General Discussion And Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

#211 happygal  OFFLINE  

happygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 4, 2007 - 11:37 am

No I don't think age is a huge dealbreaker...as I often say to people...it's really a combination of things. Who you are, what you do, how old you are, what you buy and who you buy it for...sometimes it's one thing and other times it's another.

#212 debwestmi  OFFLINE  

debwestmi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 4, 2007 - 12:19 pm

I LOVE Robo form! You can configure the toolbar. Its the best I ever used so it was worth the $$$. They used to have a $10 discount for certain things liek disabilities so its worth checking out.

#213 Gloey  OFFLINE  

Gloey

Old Broad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Apr 9, 2007 - 11:48 am

Cash out early or let them build up. Have there been cases of you not getting more surveys if you cash in after say 10-20 bucks?

#214 myboyzr2  OFFLINE  

myboyzr2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 9, 2007 - 1:06 pm

First a big thank you to all the seasoned survey takers, especially Miranda! Your expertise has been invaluable to me as a newbie...I'm hooked :) My question...I was wondering other than Stanford and Survey Spot, which sites should be check in with daily (or more)? I've caught some surveys that I was eligible for but never emailed with. Time to be pro-active! Many thanks :)

#215 luv2ydsale  OFFLINE  

luv2ydsale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Apr 13, 2007 - 3:26 pm

Pinecone.....yea, finally got in yesterday and got email from Karen today giving me my passwork and ID. Responded as requested and they said I was put into the queue for 1st paid survey. Yea.....hope they send one soon.:) Makes me a happy camper.

#216 knb080998  OFFLINE  

knb080998

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Apr 13, 2007 - 3:31 pm

Congrats!

#217 myboyzr2  OFFLINE  

myboyzr2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Apr 13, 2007 - 4:03 pm

Woo hoo! Many congrats!

#218 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Apr 23, 2007 - 8:08 pm

Updated OP

How To Search Craigslist

Okay, If we aren't posting projects from your area, this is how you can do it yourself. Go to:

http://craigslist.org

Scroll all the way to the right. Find the state you want to search. Click on it. This will take you to a page, that lists all the cities in that state that host a craigslist. Don't see a city you would like to see? At the top of the page there is a link to recommend a city.

After you click on a city scroll to the jobs section. Scroll down until you see "ETC" Click on that. This is where they will be.

If you want to help us out here at GD. Come back, Search to see if it has already been posted. If not copy and paste it. Rewrite the title of the post. Be as descriptive as possible and include as much information as possible. If the study takes place only in a certain area add that to the title. If it's Nationwide, add that. If it's a telephone or online interview, add that. For examples of good thread titles please see DramaQueenLucy's posts or mine (mmm40)

Tips On How To Use The Amazon Gift Certificates You Will Be Earning

What Is Amazon?

Amazon.com is an online retailer. They carry almost everything you could possibly want. I highly recommend browsing their site. There truly is something for everyone there.

What Is An Amazon.com Gift Certificate?

An Amazon Gift Certificate, also called a Gift Codes or simply a GC, is a credit with the online retailer Amazon.com. In lieu of cash or points some survey and/or research companies offer Gift Certificates to Amazon. The minimum denomination they issue GC's in is $5.00.

Can I Use More Than One Amazon GC Per Order?

Yes. When you check out it will ask if you would like to apply a GC to your order. Input alphanumeric code given in the email you received from Amazon. The next page will take you to a page that looks like you are done. Look carefully at the order. In the far right column, scroll down and you will see, in small print, the option to add another GC. There will be a little box to input another code. You can do that as many times as you like.

How Do I Add GC's To My Account If I Do not Want To Make A purchase Right Now?

You will need to have an account set up with Amazon.com to store your GC's online. To set up an account simply click on "My Account" You will be given the option to sign in or create a new account. Once you have logged on to your account, click on "My Account" again (if you have not already been taken to this page by default) You will see a page full of options. Scroll down to where it says "Payment Settings." Click on "Apply A Gift Certificate To Your Account" You will be take to a page with a rectangular box where you can input your code. After you input your code click the submit button. The next page will give you the option to do it all over again. You can input as many codes as you like. Remember, the original expiration dates still apply for codes stored online. The computer, by default, will automatically deduct the oldest GC when you make a purchase.

Do My GC's Expire?

Yes. Most expire in 12 months. Some expire in 18 months. I honestly don't know why or what the difference is. You will find the expiration date in the email you received from Amazon.com with your Gift Certificate Code.

Oh Wow! I Just Ordered Something From Amazon And Wouldn't You Know It, I Just Got Another Amazon GC In My Inbox! Can I Apply This To My Order Even Though I Completed The Transaction?

Possibly. If you have completed the order process you may be able to add another gift certificate to the purchase. The order must still be"Open". To see if your order is still open click on "My Account" In the pull down menu select "Open And Recently Shipped Orders" You will be taken to a page that shows all your recent orders. Any orders that say "Open" you may add another gift certificate to.

:moon: MIRANDA

#219 maryannemomto4  OFFLINE  

maryannemomto4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 4, 2007 - 7:22 am

has anyone ever done anything with Home Testing Institute out of Hopkins Mn. I received a survey in the mail today and I was wondering if they are a paid site. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :gdflower3:

"Dance as if no one were watching, sing as if no one were listening and live everyday as if it were your last."

#220 judithra  OFFLINE  

judithra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 4, 2007 - 8:03 am

Doesn't the survey specify it is paid? The ones I receive will end up being a product test..It probably is a screener to see if you qualify first.. Miranda would know..If it was me I would take it..

#221 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted May 4, 2007 - 8:13 am

has anyone ever done anything with Home Testing Institute out of Hopkins Mn. I received a survey in the mail today and I was wondering if they are a paid site. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

If you have a question about a specific company, more than likely, it has it's own thread. Just search for the company by name. In this case I searched for "Home Testing Institute"
Here is the thread for that company:

http://forums.gottad...sting institute

If you have more questions after reading the thread just post them right in that thread.

#222 Kash58  OFFLINE  

Kash58

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted May 6, 2007 - 5:33 pm

Where are all the surveys? Anybody else feel like the surveys and this forum have slowed down the last few days or is it just that I am not signed up with the right ones? Any suggestions? TIA

#223 kodis97  OFFLINE  

kodis97

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 6, 2007 - 5:35 pm

its not that it has "slowed down" mmm40 works really hard to post for us, and i am sure it is alot on her! plus she posts in bulk, not just 1 or 2 at a time , but 10 or more.

#224 Kash58  OFFLINE  

Kash58

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted May 6, 2007 - 5:54 pm

Please don't take my post the wrong way, I appreciate mmm40 and all the other posters who work so many hours to put up the posts, links, and information for all of us, I-just being new at this, check the site constantly for new opportunities, information, and new surveys. Sorry I meant no disrespect towards her or anyone else......I'm sorry if you took it that way!

#225 ang625  OFFLINE  

ang625

My Toes Love Spring!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 7, 2007 - 4:38 am

Please don't take my post the wrong way, I appreciate mmm40 and all the other posters who work so many hours to put up the posts, links, and information for all of us, I-just being new at this, check the site constantly for new opportunities, information, and new surveys. Sorry I meant no disrespect towards her or anyone else......I'm sorry if you took it that way!

http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=41317

you will find lots of different survey companies :)
________
Just.... Ang

Have been truly blessed with a Grandson =)

#226 Kash58  OFFLINE  

Kash58

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted May 7, 2007 - 5:32 pm

Sorry, I searched for this company and didn't see anything for them but all I can say is wow....I just got a phone call for a survey from United Public Opinion Group, I answered probably like 8-10 pretty harmless questions and then they told me that I won a 2 day cruise (all inclusive) and that a cruise director would be contacting me within the next 72 hours. I had to go to their website which is www.surveycruise.com and enter phone etc. on the bottom right and could check out the cruise ship, it is on the Imperial or Regal Empress. Please tell me this is not a scam.....Has anyone heard of these guys? How did these guys get my number?

#227 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted May 7, 2007 - 6:22 pm

Sorry, I searched for this company and didn't see anything for them but all I can say is wow....I just got a phone call for a survey from United Public Opinion Group, I answered probably like 8-10 pretty harmless questions and then they told me that I won a 2 day cruise (all inclusive) and that a cruise director would be contacting me within the next 72 hours. I had to go to their website which is www.surveycruise.com and enter phone etc. on the bottom right and could check out the cruise ship, it is on the Imperial or Regal Empress. Please tell me this is not a scam.....Has anyone heard of these guys? How did these guys get my number?

Careful. this smells bad.

#228 Kash58  OFFLINE  

Kash58

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted May 7, 2007 - 7:14 pm

Oh geez, I was thinking that it just seemed to easy....but they sure seemed to be professional and with the link to the website that confirmed and everything. I know it does smell kind of fishy, I will keep you posted when this cruise director gets in touch with me, lol. Thanks Miranda for the input! I tried to google these guys and nothing came up at all.?????

#229 BotticelliPear  OFFLINE  

BotticelliPear

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted May 24, 2007 - 4:05 pm

Hi everyone,
This is my first posting on any forum! I would like to say that the reason that I've broken the ice is because of the amazing information, based on real experience provided by mmm40 and others. Also, there is a feeling of community here that I have never noticed anywhere else. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing ideas! Thanks.

#230 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted May 24, 2007 - 4:13 pm

Hi everyone,
This is my first posting on any forum! I would like to say that the reason that I've broken the ice is because of the amazing information, based on real experience provided by mmm40 and others. Also, there is a feeling of community here that I have never noticed anywhere else. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing ideas! Thanks.

Glad to have you aboard!

Posted Image

#231 zingerhil  OFFLINE  

zingerhil

est. 1985

• 1,691 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 24, 2007 - 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,

:gdwelcome:

#232 myboyzr2  OFFLINE  

myboyzr2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 24, 2007 - 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Welcome!

#233 judithra  OFFLINE  

judithra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 24, 2007 - 6:51 pm

:gdbouquet1: :2welcome:

#234 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted May 24, 2007 - 6:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to our little corner of the net :gdflower3:

#235 twinkletoe59  OFFLINE  

twinkletoe59

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jun 2, 2007 - 5:22 am

Has anyone tried Ifreeclub.com? 19.95 annual fee. Sounds too good to be true.

#236 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 2, 2007 - 5:51 am

Has anyone tried Ifreeclub.com? 19.95 annual fee. Sounds too good to be true.

Never ever pay to take surveys :no: Here there is a very large list of survey sites that you don't pay.

Link to survey site list http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=41317

#237 judithra  OFFLINE  

judithra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 13, 2007 - 6:45 pm

Is it just happening to me or is it just a periodic lull?? I have been receiving numerous different surveys everyday for quite a while..Cashing out like crazy and loving it! Some days were busier than others and yes every so often I would have a dry day or two, but here lately I'm lucky if I even get one or two, its almost like I havent signed up for anything.. I wonder if you cash out too often with the companies, do they kinda put you on hold for a while? Like Survey Spot, I have cashed out 4 times in the last 3 weeks for a total of $92.00 and now when I check the site since my last cash out, all I get is " sorry no surveys available for you, check back later" same with Test spin, nothing , it concerns me.. do they let you sit for a while if you are making too much from them??? I mean it's not totally dried up for me, I have 3 invoke sessions coming up and a focus group, Im talking strictly about survey invites.. maybe Im just being paranoid lol.. hope so lol.. has it really slowed up for anyone else?

#238 dansgal  OFFLINE  

dansgal

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jun 13, 2007 - 7:27 pm

It's been slower for me too, but some others say it's just as busy if not busier. Guess it depends on demographics. But, YES, I too have noticed it being slower.

#239 iceman1988  OFFLINE  

iceman1988

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jun 13, 2007 - 7:38 pm

I don't know, judithra
i've been seeing a lot of activity these days, especially from Testspin and SurveySpot and even G* [the name that shall not be mentioned]. I even received 2 from ClearVoice and 1 from DataTelligence today, whom I never see. [I hope I didn't break any rules revealing their names] I just wished that they properly credited my account in a timely manner after I successfully complete them. I haven't seen TestSpin update my account in nearly 2 months, since they switched over systems.
Good thing I keep meticulous records of every e-mail they sent me and every survey I've taken. Sometimes I feel that I have to send them a screenshot to prove that I successfully completed the session.

#240 Mommy2Four  OFFLINE  

Mommy2Four

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 13, 2007 - 8:09 pm

Very slow for me, but the few I have done were big payers. I don't know what's going on.
:book: :loli:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users