Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Survey 101 General Discussion And Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

#61 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 27, 2006 - 2:37 pm

You rock! You always have the best links for surveys. You should change your avatar to read Survey Queen.

/me blushes.

Thanks!

#62 Guest_JustMeDiana_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_JustMeDiana_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 27, 2006 - 6:13 pm

:bounce_fl :bounce_fl Thanks "mmm40". I have started taking surveys just this year. Don't make the mistake like I did, don't pay for survey sites:gdno: :gdno: :gdno: you can do the work yourself. I am selective on which sites to join. I don't join the ones where you have to sign up and pay for an offer. I have been down that road. :gdcar: Ones for sweepstakes entries some I do, but the majority I don't. :gdchatter: Their are some great survey sites that have a point system. Some pay just a few bucks, I always try for those. I have done several product testing. I have done just a handful where I received small amounts of cash and gift cards. Pinecone is one where I receive invites several times a month and they pay $5 for every survey you complete. I have received a few gift as rewards, great cook book worth :$20. I have ventured out a little I have done 2 research studies for $75 each, one of them I complete today!!! Also I did a phone interview today for$75. :gdenough: Let me get off my:gd_soapbo

#63 Trish1298  OFFLINE  

Trish1298

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 5:44 am

I am reading about you all recieving these checks from these survey companys. I have tried a couple and they don't seem legit. It always seems like I have to buy something before I would get anything. Could you suggest what company to go with, or how to go about doing this. You all are obviously doing it right. Thank you.

#64 fmdjgirl  OFFLINE  

fmdjgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 5:57 am

I am so glad I am not the only one wondering!! I am a member of Pinecone and have only taken two surveys (5 dollars for each one!). That's the only one I've gotten paid for so far. I am a member of others that pay but never make it through the qualifying section of their surveys.

#65 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 6:09 am

opinion outpost, viewpoint forum and my survey all seem legit, but it takes some time to accumulate points.

#66 Cinnamonhuskies  OFFLINE  

Cinnamonhuskies

• 2,424 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 6:26 am

MySurvey is good pay, too.

#67 love2beurwifey  OFFLINE  

love2beurwifey

• 1,472 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 6:29 am

I was wondering the same thing thanks for the info

#68 guadarrama  OFFLINE  

guadarrama

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 6:32 am

great question! just last night i was wondering the same thing. this is info i could use. thanks;) trish1298

#69 lawork  OFFLINE  

lawork

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:04 am

If you are interested in signing up for legit survey companies check out www.surveypolice.com. They have a top ten list with customer comments. Personally it took about 8 months before I started making much from the surveys. THe longer I do them for a company the more invitations I get it seems. I hope this helps!

#70 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:23 am

All the survey sites, research projects and mystery shopping companies that we talk about can be found in all the pages of this forum. You will see all sorts of input, questions, answers, tips, techniques and links to these sites, by going through these pages and reading the threads. I know it may be tedious, and possibly a bit overwhelming in the beginning. If you are serious about getting into surveys, research projects and mystery shopping this is what needs to be done. If this is something you are only casually interested in, you won't make a heck of a lot of money but the projects can be fun. Good Luck!!!

#71 able  OFFLINE  

able

deals on wheels

• 2,991 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 7:27 am

you need to click redeem points on some of them

#72 civicracinggirl7  OFFLINE  

civicracinggirl7

• 1,143 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 8:04 am

The ones I get paid from: - Pinecone - MySurvey (gift cards, I usually only click the links in the emails for points) - Quizpoints (gift cards, I do the 100% free offers) - E-Poll (gift cards, sometimes takes a while for points, but with the new TV season I find myself getting 500 point surveys at least once a week; a little slow on the shipping of the reward, takes at least a month usually) - Viewpoint (i haven't really received many surveys at all from them, but did cash out once so far in the couple of months I've been a member) - Opinion Outpost - Lightspeed Panel - Your2Cents

#73 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

My son is Tyler I am Chad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 8:22 am

The ones I get paid from:

- Pinecone
- MySurvey (gift cards, I usually only click the links in the emails for points)
- Quizpoints (gift cards, I do the 100% free offers)
- E-Poll (gift cards, sometimes takes a while for points, but with the new TV season I find myself getting 500 point surveys at least once a week; a little slow on the shipping of the reward, takes at least a month usually)
- Viewpoint (i haven't really received many surveys at all from them, but did cash out once so far in the couple of months I've been a member)
- Opinion Outpost
- Lightspeed Panel
- Your2Cents

I agree with all of those. I never signed up for my2cents though. And yes epoll has been busy got 1 yesterday and 2 today from them.

And whew glad I am not the only one who doesnt hear much from Viewpoint.

#74 Trish1298  OFFLINE  

Trish1298

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 8:58 am

Thank you, thank you. I will check into these and look back through old posts here to reasearch a little. I appreciate all of your replies.

#75 happygal  OFFLINE  

happygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 9:19 am

Sorry guys...

#76 marj  OFFLINE  

marj

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 11:27 am

hey! i suggest treasuretrooper.com--as a member (it doesn't cost), you gain access to a wonderful list of legit survey companies.

#77 cjs9473  OFFLINE  

cjs9473

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 11:54 am

I have had luck with many of the companies previously listed, plus I have had the opportunity to test products through mysurvey and synovate. But I have to say that 75% of the surveys I get offered only have sweepstakes as incentives, which I have never had any luck winning. Today I did a survey where I could instantly win a $5 gift card, but of course I didn't. I was still entered into a sweepstakes, though. I figure that I make about $40 - $50 per month doing surveys, so it's nice to have that little extra income for some spend money.

#78 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

My son is Tyler I am Chad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 12:05 pm

I track all of the survey companies that have paid me on my blog. Just a helpful resource for who pays, how they pay, etc. If anyone wants a copy of the link (it's just my own personal blog, nothing fancy :) ) feel free to send me a PM and I will be happy to share the link. But to date, I have been paid by about 40 survey sites...and last month made just under $600 doing so, so it's all a matter of getting signed up with a large list of diverse sites.

Please PM me a link to your blog. I have looked at it before and is helpful. Thank you

#79 tinydancer34  OFFLINE  

tinydancer34

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 12:34 pm

Happygal, please PM me too. Thank you!

#80 mrsmc  OFFLINE  

mrsmc

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 12:39 pm

me also, I have reviewed it before also, I'm just still not absolutley sure how all of this works, I have signed up for serveral of the survey companies on your list but the survey companies want you to sign up for the offers in order to get paid. PM me please thanksxoxoxox

#81 Betsy  OFFLINE  

Betsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 12:51 pm

Happygal, I would also like to see your blog. Pls PM the link to me.

#82 happygal  OFFLINE  

happygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 12:53 pm

mrsmc, I would just note that true market research surveys will NEVER ask you to provide credit cards or do offers...Those sites can be legit, but they are a whole different ball game.

#83 Tsquared  OFFLINE  

Tsquared

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 4:45 pm

Biggest thing to getting paid by the survey companies is signing up with lots of them and then when a survey comes along doing it and then doing the next one. If you keep doing them then the higher paying surveys seem to pop up more often.

#84 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 17, 2006 - 5:27 pm

I am a newbie and cant PM but i'd like to review ur blog plez.I've tried other companies bt havent gotten very far.Thanks Michele

#85 tburns29466  OFFLINE  

tburns29466

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 3:10 pm

Has anyone noticed a drop in surveys? I signed up for ~200 and used to get a few a day and lately nothing:no:

#86 lawork  OFFLINE  

lawork

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 6:16 pm

I've noticed the same thing. Up to a month ago I was completing at least $50 worth a week in checks and gift certs. Maybe it will get better in January when the new budgets start of most companies.

#87 Guest_JustMeDiana_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_JustMeDiana_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 6:47 pm

I've noticed the same thing. Up to a month ago I was completing at least $50 worth a week in checks and gift certs. Maybe it will get better in January when the new budgets start of most companies.

:confused: How do you manage to find enough surveys to complete to get at least $50 a week.
Also with the holidays people are so busy with the holiday rush, maybe that is another reason.

#88 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2006 - 6:59 pm

:confused: How do you manage to find enough surveys to complete to get at least $50 a week.
Also with the holidays people are so busy with the holiday rush, maybe that is another reason.

That's easy to get.

Mine have slowed down a bit too. I have chalked it up to end of the fiscal year, slow down. Happens for me every year around this time. Spring time kicks butt for survey money making! :g_thumbri

#89 debwestmi  OFFLINE  

debwestmi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 26, 2006 - 4:01 am

Whats the secret to getting that much $? IM lucky to get $50 every 6 months:( Ive registered with LOTS of companies too.

#90 1club.fm_angel  OFFLINE  

1club.fm_angel

Absolut Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 26, 2006 - 6:11 am

Whats the secret to getting that much $? IM lucky to get $50 every 6 months:(
Ive registered with LOTS of companies too.

I'm sure the number of surveys you get depends on your demographics and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users