Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Survey 101 General Discussion And Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

#31 bravesrule62382  OFFLINE  

bravesrule62382

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 1, 2006 - 9:57 am

1) Pinecone 2) MyPoints 3) e-Rewards 4) Keynote Hmm never tried MySurvey, have to look into that :)

#32 happygal  OFFLINE  

happygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 1, 2006 - 10:23 am

Wow that's Great! Nice Job. How long have you been doing these?

I've been doing surveys about 2 years now...some longer, but really actively for 2 years.

#33 sanam  OFFLINE  

sanam

Take a Chill Pill !

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 8, 2006 - 8:19 am

i just did a survey for johnson and johnson to test some product. then suddenly get a mail that the quota is filled up !!! now that makes me mad !!gives me hope and then lets me down :(

#34 mcmichael142  OFFLINE  

mcmichael142

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 8, 2006 - 9:48 am

i just did a survey for johnson and johnson to test some product. then suddenly get a mail that the quota is filled up !!! now that makes me mad !!gives me hope and then lets me down :(

exact same thing happen to me.....bummer

#35 aintstupid  OFFLINE  

aintstupid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 9, 2006 - 9:16 am

These have all paid me cash or checks. Pinecone Lightspeedpanel Viewpointforum e-poll surveysavvy

#36 jkwife  OFFLINE  

jkwife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 19, 2006 - 6:57 am

J&J (they pay in actual CASH, not a check)

Are you talking about Johnson & Johnson? If so, do you just go to their website?

#37 Lacey  OFFLINE  

Lacey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 26, 2006 - 9:36 am

Thanks mmm40! This was very helpful! Sounds like you are a pro!

#38 happygal  OFFLINE  

happygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 29, 2006 - 6:31 am

Excellent advice mmm, often exactly what I find myself telling people, too. I would add two things: 1. Be patient. Don't expect to sign up with a bunch of sites and get surveys in your first few weeks. It takes time. 2. And occassionally, as you have the time, take the sweepstakes surveys. They often qualify you for the higher paying surveys and people do win with them. I won 1,000 once and have also won an ipod...not to mention qualifying for many higher paying ones first, so it can be worth the time and the "gamble"

#39 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Aug 29, 2006 - 6:42 am

Excellent advice mmm, often exactly what I find myself telling people, too. I would add two things:

1. Be patient. Don't expect to sign up with a bunch of sites and get surveys in your first few weeks. It takes time.

2. And occassionally, as you have the time, take the sweepstakes surveys. They often qualify you for the higher paying surveys and people do win with them. I won 1,000 once and have also won an ipod...not to mention qualifying for many higher paying ones first, so it can be worth the time and the "gamble"

Thanks happygal! Been hoping you guys with lots of survey experience would pop in to contribute your wisdom!!

#40 Bobbylink  OFFLINE  

Bobbylink

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 31, 2006 - 12:00 pm

I have been doing Surveys now for about 3 years.I really like doing the surveys.The ones that have been highly recommended to me;have slowed down in sending some to me.In the past I have made a few dollars;always from the same company.the highest I have been paid so far is 30.00 for a survey.I would really like to get into the higher paying ones but never seem to qualify.Anyone have any advice for me?

#41 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

My son is Tyler I am Chad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2006 - 9:05 am

Bump this thread instead of posting another. With anyone who has mindfield do you always get paid. I have done 2 surveys in which they sent me a product and I tried it at home. But I did not get a payment yet. Are they prompt and I should be a little more patient or should I worry.

#42 Shortness  OFFLINE  

Shortness

Everybody needs love...

• 6,734 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2006 - 9:12 am

MySurvey Pinecone Viewpoint Only 3 ever received payment from---actually qualifying for their surveys...

#43 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2006 - 9:23 am

So far for me: Pinecone Surveysavvy Viewpoint ACOP

#44 happygal  OFFLINE  

happygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2006 - 12:42 pm

Mindfield, I think, you have to go cash out. Did you do that?

#45 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2006 - 12:56 pm

Mindfield, I think, you have to go cash out. Did you do that?

That is the problem I still have not been credited with money. So not sure if they take a little longer then others or what. I will be patient yet

#46 happygal  OFFLINE  

happygal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 5, 2006 - 5:51 pm

hmmm, I would contact them. I am always credited immediately whenever I have surveyed with them.

#47 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 5, 2006 - 6:41 pm

Gosh, I really couldn't. Mysurvey is tops, probably...but beyond them, from month to month it varies. However, this month I just totaled it up and my grand total from surveyswas $616.30, so I think it pays to have a good mix of varied sites.

:g_thumpsu I am with happygal on this one. Lately, Global Test Market has been bringing in 50.00 monthly. On the whole, it is a combination of all the survey sites combined. I really believe the only way to bring in 200.00 + a month is with many sites rather than just 3 -5. A month will seem to have been a "slow" month because checks peter in 2.00, 3.00, 5.00 and 10.00 at a time. I will be thinking gee, this stinks! Then, the last day of the month, I will add everything up and see I am 150 - 800 ahead. With the exception of the last 6 months when I have been pulling in an exceptional amount of money per month.
I highly recommend signing up with almost every site listed on this forum.

#48 sanam  OFFLINE  

sanam

Take a Chill Pill !

• 1,060 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 6, 2006 - 7:06 am

for me its pinecone,lightspeed panel,nfo,viewpoint !!!

#49 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 6, 2006 - 11:40 am

I have seen keynote mentioned twice anybody have a link for them

#50 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 6, 2006 - 12:19 pm

I have seen keynote mentioned twice anybody have a link for them

http://keynote.com/

#51 jkwife  OFFLINE  

jkwife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2006 - 3:34 am

We had a bizarre thing happen to us over the weekend, and I am wondering if there is some correlation between this and surveys, and wondered what you guys thought. Someone from Nigeria got my husband's debit card # and tried to place an internet order. Luckily we were able to stop it before the order was shipped. We have NEVER used our debit card on the internet, so we don't know how someone got it. Granted, my husband doesn't participate in surveys, but a lot of them want to know what my husband's name is, they always ask a lot of questions about our bank account, if we have a debit card, credit cards, name of bank, etc. So, I am just trying to figure out how this occurred and am feeling a little paranoid and wondering if maybe some survey site did it, or is this even possible? I have been afraid to accept offers for surveys, and have even removed my name from a couple. Has anyone else had this occur since they have started doing surveys? I started in January, I think. Just wondering if anyone thinks there is a possibility of a correlation. :gdparanoid:

#52 cotejb  OFFLINE  

cotejb

Geaux Tigers!

• 3,428 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2006 - 3:40 am

I don't think there is a possibility of correlation b/c you never enter the debit card information. They just want to know in general if you have one and what type maybe.... I think its just they get it the same way as ppl steal other ppl's credit card info. My mom had some guy in Nigeria trying to use her cc too and she never does anything on the internet...... Hope this eases your mind a little

#53 lennon2004  OFFLINE  

lennon2004

• 4,424 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2006 - 4:02 am

I've been doing surveys for 4 or 5 years and have never had any problems. Unless you've actually given the # to a survey site (and no legit ones I've seen ask for such a thing), then I wouldn't think there's any reason to believe they're connected.

#54 jkwife  OFFLINE  

jkwife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2006 - 5:05 am

What made me kind of wonder was Brand Institute and their asking for SS#. But then again, they didn't use MY name, they used my husbands. I just don't understand how they got our debit card #. We use our credit card # online. My husband was questioning me about all the surveys I take as to if they could have been the culprit, so I thought I would ask and see what everyone thought.

#55 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2006 - 5:18 am

I never provide SS# online, and I pass on the surveys that ask about what bank accts I have.

#56 krstee  OFFLINE  

krstee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2006 - 5:27 am

I never provide SS# online, and I pass on the surveys that ask about what bank accts I have.

Me too.

#57 lennon2004  OFFLINE  

lennon2004

• 4,424 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2006 - 6:04 am

What made me kind of wonder was Brand Institute and their asking for SS#.

Legit companies where you could make over $600 (or whatever the minimum is) needs SSN's for reporting purposes. Not that the survey companies that don't ask for it aren't legit though.

#58 Puglife  OFFLINE  

Puglife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 21, 2006 - 2:18 pm

Thanks for all the advice MMM40..I'm just starting to try to get into these surveys, and later would love to try the research stuff. I want to keep staying at home with the kids, and this seems to be a great way of doing it :) My problem so far, is even the ones I have done in the past haven't ever paid like promised, so I'm reading here to see what's legit and what's not!

#59 Gloey  OFFLINE  

Gloey

Old Broad

• 3,235 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 21, 2006 - 3:43 pm

You rock! You always have the best links for surveys. You should change your avatar to read Survey Queen.

#60 antennaball  OFFLINE  

antennaball

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 22, 2006 - 1:33 pm

many sites have so called profile enhancing "mini surveys" for you (usually not paid) Be sure to do them all and keep your information up to date. The more information the survey companies have the more likely you will get an invitation to a better paid one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users