Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Survey 101 General Discussion And Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

#301 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

My son is Tyler I am Chad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 30, 2007 - 6:13 pm

Thank you and glad to be back. Talk about alot of work and major headaches. I think all my survey money went to Advil. But it was worth it.

#302 tiredmom214  OFFLINE  

tiredmom214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 10, 2007 - 9:53 am

Thank you for the advice. I have definitely started to widdle down my list and have already began to make a little money and have gotten into a few product tests. It's all very exciting. :D Thank you also to everyone who is kind enough to take the time out of there day to work on this site and to post the studies and survey opportunities. This site has made such a difference in me (I know that sounds cheesy). I have been a stay at home mom for a long time and always felt a little guilty because my husband had to bear the financial weight alone. Even if it is just a dollar at a time it is something. It's also helping me not feeling so shut off from the world...everyone here is so friendly and welcoming. It seems like everyday I find a new post or site that gives me a new idea on how to save money or make money. Again thank you to everyone....you dont know how much this is helping me and my family.:gdflower3:
:gdmornincoffee:Every time I think I've hit rock bottom somebody hands me a shovel.

#303 wyntyrose  OFFLINE  

wyntyrose

Army wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2007 - 7:12 am

I was wondering in anyone has ever been rewarded/won for doing these surveys. I got a strange email the other day saying I had won from Wal mart and it included a code. Wasn't like the you have been selected to receive after signing life away spam. Any input would be appreciated.

#304 teebee  OFFLINE  

teebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2007 - 7:15 am

I've never won anything from them. I don't even bother with them anymore.

#305 MandaJo111  OFFLINE  

MandaJo111

Proud Army Wife!

• 1,806 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2007 - 7:19 am

I used to take them...the first few anyway. Then I quit taking them. The odds are too great against me on that one. And I get one about half of the time I shop there.
Amanda
:usaribbon :usflag: :gdmilitary:
Proud Army Wife and Mommy to DS8 Layne, DD4 Ashlee, and DD2 Madison!

#306 wyntyrose  OFFLINE  

wyntyrose

Army wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 18, 2007 - 8:25 am

I stopped doing them and then got this email notification. Probably spam but I was holding out hope. LOL.

#307 abailey82  OFFLINE  

abailey82

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 18, 2007 - 1:11 pm

I have never won anything off of typing my receipt #s in at WalMart.com I gave up on doing those because I didnt see me winning anything. I love doing Burger King and Gold Star Chili food Customer Satisfaction surveys! If you look on the back of their receipts theres a phone # to call in to an Automated System and when done you write a code down and receive free fast food there!
Amber
a married stay-at-home-mommy of 1 on a strict budget that :hearthrob CVS and coupons!

#308 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2007 - 5:32 pm

I'm just wondering, How has taking surveys/taking part in research projects changed your life? Has it changed it? For me I have actually lived on my survey money. Now that I am back at work I am able to buy fun, luxury items I wouldn't normally buy.
:moon: MIRANDA

#309 ang625  OFFLINE  

ang625

My Toes Love Spring!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 30, 2007 - 7:44 pm

im able to have extra money to get the things i 'want' not just need. plus, by doing these, i have learned that there really are genuine people out there in internetland. LOL. and i like knowing that i do in someway in this big ole world have a voice (by doing the focus groups and product tests). miranda, colleen, and judith especially have been extraordinarily helpful in the postings and feedback of the different surveys. thanks y'all!:fluffy: :yup: and PATIENCE! lmao having to wait for the survey to qualify, then waiting for the confirmation email, then waiting for the focus group to actually begin, then having to wait for the study to end...then having to wait for the checks, GC, etc, to be issued...ohhh the wait :)
________
Just.... Ang

Have been truly blessed with a Grandson =)

#310 his_lil_gemini  OFFLINE  

his_lil_gemini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 1, 2007 - 9:03 am

Ok so im a complete noob at this. Ive read quite a few posts and ive signed up with 12 websites. Granted ive been at this for 3 days but i only have points with 4 of them (no cash.) So ive seen where you guys count up your monthly total and have hundreds in cash and gifts cards. my question is how do you get so much? Do these websites send you guys more than one survey a day? Do you cash out every month? if you guys could please help a noob out id greatly appreciate it! oh and btw the ones im registered with are surveyspot, mysurvey, epoll, surveysavvy, opinionoutpost, hotspex, your2cents, testspin, treasuretrooper, american consumer opinion, datarelligence, and beginsurvey....if im missing any good sites please let me know!!

#311 zingerhil  OFFLINE  

zingerhil

est. 1985

• 1,691 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 3, 2007 - 7:16 am

I'm just wondering, How has taking surveys/taking part in research projects changed your life? Has it changed it?

Every little bit helps to get me through school ;)

#312 Blazer Mom  OFFLINE  

Blazer Mom

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 4, 2007 - 8:44 am

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here on the forum, I have been browsing the site for quite some time now and finally decided to join. Everyone here seems so nice and helpful I can't wait to get to know everyone. Also being new I appreciate all the help and advice you can give. Thanks :gdflower5:

#313 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 4, 2007 - 8:55 am

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here on the forum, I have been browsing the site for quite some time now and finally decided to join. Everyone here seems so nice and helpful I can't wait to get to know everyone. Also being new I appreciate all the help and advice you can give. Thanks :gdflower5:

Posted Image

#314 rmol66  OFFLINE  

rmol66

Ruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 5, 2007 - 4:00 pm

Pretty new here, in this forum, but I'm having alot of fun, and hope to make some money. I will soon be a stay at home mom, we adopted 3 siblings last August and I need to focus more on them and organizing our home. I will also be testing the bluetooth keyboard and mouse and hope to test more things. And I'm learning a lot, and as others have said it's so great to know people are out there around the country helping each other! THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD!

#315 LadyBugg1  OFFLINE  

LadyBugg1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2007 - 2:03 pm

I'm just wondering, How has taking surveys/taking part in research projects changed your life? Has it changed it?

For me I have actually lived on my survey money. Now that I am back at work I am able to buy fun, luxury items I wouldn't normally buy.

I can't say that taking surveys changed my life, but Miranda and this forum certainly did.

Something Miranda said one day about mystery shopping piqued my interest. I had always dismissed the spam and advertisements promising instant riches as you swan around the mall, but if Miranda thought it was an acceptable thing to do, it definitely warranted another look!

Since my first assignment at the end of June, I have built a full-time business as a shopper. I will never make a fortune at it, but if you are willing to invest the time and the energy, it is worthwhile. You use a wide range of skills every day, you have complete autonomy, and the variety is amazing.

A heartfelt "Thank you" to Miranda, and very best wishes to all the other warm and supportive members of this group.

#316 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2007 - 12:06 am

LadyBugg1

I am so glad things have worked out so well for you and that you are happy with what you are doing.

#317 eds4ko  OFFLINE  

eds4ko

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 14, 2008 - 7:20 pm

I just went to the bank earlier today to cashed my checks Survespot $9 and $17 Opinion Outpost $15 Mindfield Online $10 dollars - my first time Datatelligence $15 - I have no idea what survey I did, it says Evaluate Criteria A total of $66 dollars So far I have made $86 with Surveyspot since September and I just seriously doing the surveys in mid November. And I made $36 with OpinionOutpost. I am really addicted now with surveys, I stayed up late hoping to catch late surveys in my inbox and get up early to see what surveys waiting for me hehehe. Other websites that paid me are MySurvey.com - $30 Your2Cents - $5 - I dont know but I haven't received anymore surveys from them Zoompanel - the pedometer that I redeemed was just shipped Bzzagent - received Sonicare toothbrush & Crest strip ELQResearch - tried a shampoo and was paid $15 but I dont know if they have a website Myviews - $33 LightSpeed - $20 Plus the product tests that I received with the little money that goes with it. I do GPT sites also and that helps too so I'm just thankful for the opportunity to be able to make extra cash at home. I'm a stay at home wife and it's a blessing for me to have this luxury to have fun and make money online. I dont need to work since my husband can well support us but it's different when I feel like I am making my own.;)

#318 dancglady  OFFLINE  

dancglady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 15, 2008 - 6:08 am

I am new to this whole survey business but i am having lots of trouble with my accounts in three companies. Myview.com doesn't recognize my account id, globalopinionpanels survey: I was well over 3/4 through with the survey and it disconnected me (their surver not mine) and now I can't get into the survey or get my points (over 30 minutes for 500 points) and globaltestmarket.com won't let me open surveys without an account number or password(won't accept either). I have emailed each company and each company said it should be fixed and none of the problems are fixed. Am I doing something wrong? TIA

#319 wyldmama  OFFLINE  

wyldmama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 15, 2008 - 1:41 pm

The problem at globaltestmarket (GMI) is an internal problem. I have had it several times and finally got an answer from them. It is something they use internally and it should never even come to us. The password and account number are not ours is why they will not work. Of course as always, they say they are working on it. I can't really help you w/the rest.

#320 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 15, 2008 - 2:01 pm

I am new to this whole survey business but i am having lots of trouble with my accounts in three companies. Myview.com doesn't recognize my account id, globalopinionpanels survey: I was well over 3/4 through with the survey and it disconnected me (their surver not mine) and now I can't get into the survey or get my points (over 30 minutes for 500 points) and globaltestmarket.com won't let me open surveys without an account number or password(won't accept either). I have emailed each company and each company said it should be fixed and none of the problems are fixed. Am I doing something wrong? TIA

wyldmama answered your question about Global Test Market.

What exactly do you mean when you say

globalopinionpanels survey: I was well over 3/4 through with the survey and it disconnected me

Can you describe exactly what happens?

Myview ~ Have you registered through their new portal? It wouldn't recognize my account until I did that.

#321 dancglady  OFFLINE  

dancglady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 16, 2008 - 4:50 am

wyldmama answered your question about Global Test Market.

What exactly do you mean when you say Can you describe exactly what happens?

Myview ~ Have you registered through their new portal? It wouldn't recognize my account until I did that.

Thanks wyldmama

For global opinions panel I kept getting the white screen that you get when you are not connected to the internet but everything else was connecting fine on my end. When I tried to open up the survey again the page said "Please wait while for your survey to open" and it never did. I even walked away for over an hour and it never opened.

I finally got in last night though. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

I am signed up for the myview portal. Still not getting through. It doesn't sound like they are working on the problem either. They said just keep trying to get in. Some ppl just can't sign in.
Thanks for your help!

#322 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 16, 2008 - 5:33 am

Thanks wyldmama

For global opinions panel I kept getting the white screen that you get when you are not connected to the internet but everything else was connecting fine on my end. When I tried to open up the survey again the page said "Please wait while for your survey to open" and it never did. I even walked away for over an hour and it never opened.

I finally got in last night though. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

I am signed up for the myview portal. Still not getting through. It doesn't sound like they are working on the problem either. They said just keep trying to get in. Some ppl just can't sign in.
Thanks for your help!

When you get that white screen try using the back button on your browser. Sometimes that works for me. Sometimes it takes me to the previous page and when I click the next button and I still get that white screen. It's taken three times, sometimes, using the back button to work but it has worked for me. I give up after the 3rd try. I haven't the patience to mess with it beyond three tries.

Good luck and welcome to the world of surveys & research!

#323 eds4ko  OFFLINE  

eds4ko

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 24, 2008 - 8:55 pm

Well I won't say this will work for everyone but I guess this can give you an idea how to start organizing your business accounts. I wrote this because I had a situation before where I ran out of folders in my yahoo mail. I designated a folder for each website but then yahoo will only allows you to have a limit of 200 folders. I am a member of over 200 different survey companies plus the different GPT sites. So you know why I had to do it. And also I thought if I had this problem, surely somebody else does too!

I cannot perform well in a cluttered house and so with a cluttered inbox. I know we have our own times of weaknesses that's why I had that situation but it's time to move on. Well anyway some of you might not agree with me in how I organized my stuff but again as I've said this is just to help others give an idea of what to do and how to get started.

This is an example of how I organized mine.

I created additional 2 accounts since I already have 2.

1. email1@yahoo.com - this is a verified Paypal account (Checking account)

- this email account is strictly for paid survey companies and other business related stuff like buying/selling in Amazon, Ebay, etc.

2. email2@yahoo.com - this is also a verified paypal account (Savings Account) (I used WaMu - I applied for Checking/Savings Account)

- this account is strictly for GPT (Get Paid To's programs) like Treasure Trooper, CashCrate, CashLagoon etc. excluding PTR/PTC (Paid to Read/Paid to Click)

3. email3@yahoo.com - this is strictly for PTR/PTC companies

- I signed this account with E-gold since most of PTC/PTR companie use E-gold

- I added this account also in one of my verified paypal accounts

4. email4@yahoo.com - I use this strictly for forum boards and other online communities like Myspace, Hi5, Friendster, MyLot etc.

- I'm a member to quiet a few of them and tried to be active as I can be and keeping track of all the discussions I'm involved with. Doing this really increased my referrals.

I advise also that you download Roboform so you won't have difficulty going from one account to another.

I would like to hear comments from everyone. Thank you.

#324 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 25, 2008 - 7:26 am

Thanks for the input. I'm sure this could help some people. Does anyone remember what thread held he discussion about how we organized/kept track of our surveys and research projects? I've looked for it a couple of times and can't find it.

#325 dollarmami  OFFLINE  

dollarmami

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 26, 2008 - 10:48 pm

I haven't tried any of the survey sites before. I didn't think people really got paid. I read a few posts here with people saying they've made money within a month. Could someone please tell me which survey site I should check out to get paid? You can send me a private message if you want. Thanks!!!

#326 MandaJo111  OFFLINE  

MandaJo111

Proud Army Wife!

• 1,806 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 26, 2008 - 11:13 pm

I haven't tried any of the survey sites before. I didn't think people really got paid. I read a few posts here with people saying they've made money within a month. Could someone please tell me which survey site I should check out to get paid? You can send me a private message if you want. Thanks!!!

You really just need to look through the ones under the surveys and research studies section. If they are on here usually they pay...unless they have a warning or something in the post saying something negative about them. But there are few of those listed.

Don't do any that require you to sign up for offers or anything that you have to pay anything for. Just look around, sign up with the companies and soon the surveys will come. :)
Amanda
:usaribbon :usflag: :gdmilitary:
Proud Army Wife and Mommy to DS8 Layne, DD4 Ashlee, and DD2 Madison!

#327 dollarmami  OFFLINE  

dollarmami

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 26, 2008 - 11:17 pm

You really just need to look through the ones under the surveys and research studies section. If they are on here usually they pay...unless they have a warning or something in the post saying something negative about them. But there are few of those listed.

Don't do any that require you to sign up for offers or anything that you have to pay anything for. Just look around, sign up with the companies and soon the surveys will come. :)

thanks for the info!!!

#328 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 27, 2008 - 6:37 am

Taking surveys has given me extra money to buy things that I normally could not afford and mystery shops gets my dogs next to free vet visits...I have been saving all of my survey money for the last nine months and have $2,500 for a vacation...:eyepoppin now talk about getting extras!!!

#329 dmm2702  OFFLINE  

dmm2702

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 27, 2008 - 6:59 am

Taking surveys has given me extra money to buy things that I normally could not afford and mystery shops gets my dogs next to free vet visits...I have been saving all of my survey money for the last nine months and have $2,500 for a vacation...:eyepoppin now talk about getting extras!!!

Congrats enjoy your vacation!!!!

#330 justinsmommy  OFFLINE  

justinsmommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 25, 2008 - 5:15 am

I get emails for these all the time.. does anyone know of anything legit to earn a little at home?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users