Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Survey 101 General Discussion And Q & A

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
345 replies to this topic

#271 LadyBugg1  OFFLINE  

LadyBugg1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 3, 2007 - 8:05 am

LadyBugg1 has sent you an electronic greeting card:

http://www.jacquiela...47&source=jl999

#272 Linda81  OFFLINE  

Linda81

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 3, 2007 - 10:55 am

Thanks, Back at cha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, This was so cute

#273 nat77  OFFLINE  

nat77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jul 3, 2007 - 12:13 pm

Thank you since its my bday how cute

#274 ks_thumper  OFFLINE  

ks_thumper

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 7, 2007 - 10:26 pm

Hello very one... :fluffy: I just signed up for this sight tonight and read through all of the survey sight information on this forum. Which seems like a Lot of Great advice! on what to look for and watch out for. I had dabbled in surveys a few years ago but never anything serious. and have never received any payment :mad: I cant wait to make a new e mail account so that I can keep my surveys together. I will start out with all of the favorite everyone has posted here and see where it takes me. Thank you for All the advice I have read so that I may become successful in taking paid surveys. I love doing the Freebies and have received many in the short time I have been into them LOL I am sure I might have questions. I am now confident about starting to do them. I am going to start signing up for many when I get up in the morning. Thank you again

#275 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 13, 2007 - 3:50 am

Here's a refresher course because there have been A Lot of reposts Lately. SEARCH and then if you come across a thread you think is too old, just read all of what it says and follow the instructions. It's very simple.

Posted Image
:moon: MIRANDA

#276 LadyBugg1  OFFLINE  

LadyBugg1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 14, 2007 - 7:55 pm

Saw the following ad on Craigslist, regarding a focus group for drinkers of bottled water, and, without thinking, zapped an email off with appropriate details ... never stopping to ask myself, "Do you see a reputable company name here, sweetheart??" Got an automated response back, with a link (which I clicked, of course -- why stop now?) and after answering a couple of questions was directed to a signup page for NPD Online Research. Phooey. I'll blame the second glass of wine with dinner!

The ad -- be warned!! --

Reply to: job-373987591@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-07-14, 7:09PM EDT

We are looking for Bottled water Drinkers to sample a new product that is similar to bottled water .

To Qualify you must be:

between the ages of 17-55
a US Citizen
have a valid US ID

Compensation: $150 Honorium will be rewarded at conclusion of the study
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 373987591

#277 Kash58  OFFLINE  

Kash58

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jul 27, 2007 - 6:21 am

I don't know where else to ask this, but I was wondering if anyone else remembers a survey from around the end of June....in my notebook I wrote down 6/28, it was for $10.00 Papa Murphys gift certificate and a $3.00 off coupon. I have never received anything from this and not even sure what it was from, any ideas, or did anyone get this? :confused:

#278 jazzy442  OFFLINE  

jazzy442

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 27, 2007 - 7:58 am

Anyone get a check for $5 for a survey they recently did that says it is from Seed Strategy, Inc., C/O InCheck, LLC on it? Just got one today that says it is for July survey participation and not sure what it is for. I looked in my folder I save all my completed surveys in and nothing is ringing a bell. So did anyone else get this and know what it is for? Thanks for the help.

#279 msjodilynn  OFFLINE  

msjodilynn

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 27, 2007 - 4:20 pm

Anyone get a check for $5 for a survey they recently did that says it is from Seed Strategy, Inc., C/O InCheck, LLC on it? Just got one today that says it is for July survey participation and not sure what it is for. I looked in my folder I save all my completed surveys in and nothing is ringing a bell. So did anyone else get this and know what it is for? Thanks for the help.

I got the same thing in the mail today.

I looked through my spreadsheet of all the survey company's I'm signed up with as well as survey's I've completed and came up with nothing, so I came here looking for answers.

I did a search and got excited when I found a keyword matching my search for "incheck"... only to find you have the same question. That's funny! :D

#280 jazzy442  OFFLINE  

jazzy442

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 27, 2007 - 5:51 pm

I looked through my spreadsheet of all the survey company's I'm signed up with as well as survey's I've completed and came up with nothing, so I came here looking for answers.

I did a search and got excited when I found a keyword matching my search for "incheck"... only to find you have the same question. That's funny! :D

Yes I looked through all my completed surveys and have no idea what it is for. I also tried doing a google search for the company and didn`t see anything really. It would be nice if more info was listed on the check stub so we could figure out what we did to get $5. LOL.

#281 jazzy442  OFFLINE  

jazzy442

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 1, 2007 - 10:03 am

I just figured out what this was for. It was for a survey completed for Hagen/Sinclair Research Recruiting on July 3rd. :D

#282 msjodilynn  OFFLINE  

msjodilynn

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 2, 2007 - 4:34 pm

Great job solving the mystery! Thanks for letting me know because I was still trying to figure it out. Thank you!!! :)

#283 Mommy2Four  OFFLINE  

Mommy2Four

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 24, 2007 - 2:59 pm

The Mills Advisory Panel (MAP) http://www.millsadvi....com/index.html

I cannot find a thread about this, but I swear this is where it came from. :g_think:

Anyway, has anyone received compensation for their surveys?
:book: :loli:

#284 scully  OFFLINE  

scully

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 29, 2007 - 4:50 pm

has anyone any experience with secret shopper, where you go shopping....

#285 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 30, 2007 - 5:06 am

There are lots of links to mystery shops back on the first 10 pages or so...I have only done vet shops and those are great... Welcome to GottaDeal!!!:gdflower3:

#286 twinkletoe59  OFFLINE  

twinkletoe59

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2007 - 5:08 am

I updated firefox and lost my autofill. I don't remeber which one I had. Does anyone know a free autofill that is good? thanks!!

#287 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2007 - 6:55 am

I updated firefox and lost my autofill. I don't remeber which one I had. Does anyone know a free autofill that is good? thanks!!

I use the Google toolbar. It has an auto-fill feature.

#288 twinkletoe59  OFFLINE  

twinkletoe59

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 4, 2007 - 12:05 pm

I use the Google toolbar. It has an auto-fill feature.

Good grief, i didn't even realize my goggle toolbar was missing. That is the autofill I use. Thanks so much.

#289 jenant06  OFFLINE  

jenant06

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2007 - 4:03 pm

I was selected to do the Ihearwhatyoursaying with my daughter. I can't locate their webaddress or email. I didn't get one og my gift cards. This was the study with you and your child and some peolpe got the CD rom and others had to go to the website. I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be great!

#290 Shortness  OFFLINE  

Shortness

Everybody needs love...

• 6,734 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 7, 2007 - 4:45 pm

You might want to ask in the Survey/Research forum--somebody there might be able to help. Good luck!
If not today, maybe tomorrow...:mail:

#291 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 7, 2007 - 5:54 pm

This is the thread you want.

http://forums.gottad...Mother/Daughter

#292 tiredmom214  OFFLINE  

tiredmom214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 26, 2007 - 7:36 pm

Hi. First I would like to say thank you very much to everyone who has posted all of the wonderful opportunities on this site. I am a sahm and money is very tight. I have just started doing surveys this month and I am getting very excited at the prospect of being avle to help my hubby...even if it's just a little:o I have gone through page after page on this site and registered with EVERY (and I do mean every) survey/focus group company that was reputable. I do have a few questions though and would really appreciate any help anyone could give me. 1. Several of the sites send me emails for sweepstakes entries, I know these companys also send out cash paying surveys. Do I need to do all of the surveys the send me (even the non-paying ones)? Is this how you get to the better paying surveys? 2. Does anyone know if you get a confirmation number with ui30? i know several people have asked, but I have never seen an answer. 3.Any tips on which companies only send emails...or ones that you need to check their sites? Any other tips or advice would be very greatly appreciated.:D
:gdmornincoffee:Every time I think I've hit rock bottom somebody hands me a shovel.

#293 tyler99199  OFFLINE  

tyler99199

My son is Tyler I am Chad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 27, 2007 - 4:34 am

OK I have been a way for a while and am now just settling in to our new house. So I will give you my opinion on these questions. OH HI mmm40 :) 1. Several of the sites send me emails for sweepstakes entries, I know these companys also send out cash paying surveys. Do I need to do all of the surveys the send me (even the non-paying ones)? Is this how you get to the better paying surveys? I generally do not waste my time on the non-paying surveys. IMO doing them does not increase your odds of receving paying ones. 2. Does anyone know if you get a confirmation number with ui30? i know several people have asked, but I have never seen an answer. I never received a confirmation number for anything I completed with them. 3.Any tips on which companies only send emails...or ones that you need to check their sites? All the ones I am a member of send me emails. Although Surveyspot should be checked occasionally for surveys. Any other tips or advice would be very greatly appreciated Be patient. Dont expect alot right away it will take time.

#294 ang625  OFFLINE  

ang625

My Toes Love Spring!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 27, 2007 - 5:13 am

i agree with tyler.....except for the non paying ones.....more times than not in my experience, "nonpaying ones" have ended up for me being product tests. then some of those product tests do lead to monetary compensation, so i guess its just a matter of choice on those. :) and not too many of the sites that im signed up for send email invites(half of them do and half dont), so i log in to each site everyday just to check.
________
Just.... Ang

Have been truly blessed with a Grandson =)

#295 tiredmom214  OFFLINE  

tiredmom214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 27, 2007 - 5:23 am

Thank you for your answers. I am trying to be patient. Good things come to those who wait;) I am definitely interested in the product tests so I guess I will do some of those. The thing with ui30 is I never received a confirmation email when I signed up so I dont know if it went through. I did it again...still no email...I just want to make sure it worked.
:gdmornincoffee:Every time I think I've hit rock bottom somebody hands me a shovel.

#296 cjs9473  OFFLINE  

cjs9473

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 27, 2007 - 6:01 am

The key is to be patient...you will get some great surveys and great opportunities to make good money and test some neat products. I just qualified this morning for a study that pays $150 at the end! Just a note: sometimes Survey Spot will send you non-paying surveys that end up being product tests.

#297 jillann27  OFFLINE  

jillann27

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 27, 2007 - 7:24 am

I have been doing surveys and off line/online focus groups for about 2 years. I also do mystery shopping. Here is my 2 cents-

- Dont ever pay to get the listings. I have paid SurveyScout and another one $70 combined to find out that they are listing the same companies.

-To make things easier on yourself download free auto-fill software (i recomend Roboform) its easy and spyware free. You dont need the fancy version that you have to pay for, the basic free one is just fine and simple to use, a great time saver.

-With the exception of Synovate and Harris polls I feel that alot of the survey for points are a waste of time.

- Be cautious for ones that ask you to pay for a trial of something and then "evaluate it" I got scammed by this with Vindale then the company I was "evaulating" fraudulently charged my credit card and Vindale never paid me!

- Make sure you sign up with Buzzback and Ipsos I-say and the aforementioned SurveySpot. IMHO these are the best.

-Have fun and dont believe the hype about getting rich doing surveys. It does add up though and if you havent already gotton a Paypal account I would reccomend it as sometimes you get paid faster if you choose this option. Best of Luck!

#298 scrabbler  OFFLINE  

scrabbler

Just Me

• 2,742 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 27, 2007 - 7:27 am

I just want to emphasize that you need to be patient. There will be times where you see no surveys and other times when you see more. It all depends on who/what/where you are as to whether they want your opinion or not. If you do not get some for a while, no worries, soon you will be who they need to ask again.

#299 cjs9473  OFFLINE  

cjs9473

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 27, 2007 - 10:21 am

MySurvey is also a good site. Though initially most of their qualifying surveys start out at 10 points, many times you will get offered more points if you continue on with the rest of the survey if you qualify. And I have gotten many product tests through them. I have cashed out my points many time with them.

#300 mmm40  OFFLINE  

mmm40

• 3,197 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 29, 2007 - 12:28 pm

OK I have been a way for a while and am now just settling in to our new house. So I will give you my opinion on these questions. OH HI mmm40 :)

1. Several of the sites send me emails for sweepstakes entries, I know these companys also send out cash paying surveys. Do I need to do all of the surveys the send me (even the non-paying ones)? Is this how you get to the better paying surveys?

I generally do not waste my time on the non-paying surveys. IMO doing them does not increase your odds of receving paying ones.

2. Does anyone know if you get a confirmation number with ui30? i know several people have asked, but I have never seen an answer.

I never received a confirmation number for anything I completed with them.

3.Any tips on which companies only send emails...or ones that you need to check their sites?

All the ones I am a member of send me emails. Although Surveyspot should be checked occasionally for surveys.

Any other tips or advice would be very greatly appreciated

Be patient. Dont expect alot right away it will take time.

Welcome Back! I've been wondering where you have been. Congrats on the new home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users