Stores open before time stated

motoXmom

Ok one thing that got me last year is that I believe it was CC opened 15 min early last year due to the long line outside. I thought that was pretty crappy. Heck I heard the line for Wal-Mart was app. 2 miles long and they didn't open any earlier. Anyone else see that happen in the past?

Had to edit because I think I had the wrong store.

Toys R Us opens earlier and earlier every year. Used to open at their appointed 6am time. Then in the last 2 yrs, 5:30am and now last year they opened at 5am to compete with the KB Toys line that wrapped around the mall. Mad be mad because I always timed it where I was first in line at KB, got out of there by 5:20 and zoomed right down the street to TRU. Not anymore as they open at 5am now.

I wish I could remember how many they handed out last year. We were somewhere in the first 50 in line and they came by and asked us what item we were here for and we got a voucher for it. We also found out (while freezing out butts off in line) that we could have purchased the BF items ONLINE with FREE SHIPPING!!! So, if there is something we need from BB, we will be buying online this year. Any idea when we'll get a completed list?

I know in Melbourne FL Best Buy came out and had people fill out papers for the computers then gave 1 to the person and put one on the computer. From what my hubby told me they just went right down the line till they had no more available. They also opened at least 15 minutes earlier they was posted in their flier.

It is really nice that BB does the number thing, that is why they are usually my first choice on BF. The only thing you have to remember is that once you make your choice you are stuck with it example: last year the Emachine had the choice of monitor or no monitor. I chose without the monitor. The guy next to me chose with the monitor. When we got into the store he had changed his mind but he was out of luck, all the tickets had been given out and since they match your ticket with your computer already there is no way to change. Of course he then had the option to not take it at all but heck for the price who would want to miss out.

On the subject of stores opening earlier I do not see why it is really a problem. When the line is already a mile long and the people up front have been there since 2:00 am, opening half an hour earlier shouldnt make too much difference. The people who are rushing over from another store would be all the way at the end of the line anyways. Now if BB would just figure out that they should let only a certain amount of people in the store at a time like toysRus does I would be one happy shopper. :yup: