Virgin shopper here

diamond42377

Well, I finally decided to brave it. I usually stay in on BF and watch the reports on the news. This year I am going to go out and get those deals! :2roller: I was afraid I might not be able to go out again this year because I refuse to take my toddler into those crowds and hubby has treatment that day. My mom offered to keep her for me (since we will be visiting for TG anyway she is just going to spend the night). I am so anxious now.

I have started working extra shifts just to have BF spending money. Our rent is free this coming month since we just renewed our lease so that means I should have a nice wad of cash :giggle: Guess I will be doing some serious shopping.

So far I plan on venturing to the mall stores (Sears, Radio Shack, Bath and Body Works and maybe some others) and to Walgreens. I might run in Toys R Us later in the day but we already have all her Christmas stuff.

I refuse to got to Walmart because it is a madhouse everyday here since I live in a busy area, days like that make me wish I lived in a smaller town.

Anyway, I will have to find out what time the mall opens and be there. I will not be waiting in the cold because I am not even sure it would be worth it, with my luck everything might be sold out before I even get in. I hope to get some online deals on Thanksgiving day too.

Well, I just had to share my joy with someone and who better than you all! *Quick question*

Have you ever ventured out later in the afternoon on BF and still got some deals or was everything already sold out?

You're lucky you're going have extra cash to spend. As for me,I won't because I didn't work much since I'm a college student. Oh well, better than nothing. I'll just work more next time, or just spend alittle more and pay bills later.

So odd, I had more money last year to spend but I wasn't looking forward to BF until I saw the ad the last minute. This year, I'm looking forward to it but with a lesser money. :(

I agree with you on the Walmart. That place is packed even if it's not BF. It'll more packed during BF.

I did buy a dvd player during the last hour of the sale last year. Everything that is good by gone after 7:00am. I just hope I get some good stuff, 2004 hasn't been good to me.

Diamond42377,

Where are you at in Houston? I will be visiting my family in Sugar Land so I will be out at the First Colony Mall on BF. I usually go to WM but haven't seen anything that I need from there. I will be going to KB and taking my mom to JC Penney. Last year the mall was open at 7am, however, we went back out after lunch and still found some of the doorbusters on sale, it really depends on what you are looking for.

Heather

Sorry, completely off topic here but I'm having a brain fart. :P I visited Texas this past summer and went to a mall there in Houston but suddenly can't remember the name of the place. It has a huge carousel and the Talking Tree. I think it was called The Woodlands Mall but I'm not sure. That place was huge and my then 4 yr. old had a blast at that tree. :D

Last year Walmart was our last stop at about 8 PM. All the stuff that is special for 6-10 or what ever time was still that price, if they had any left. i got waffle makers, mini crockpots, and mini food choopers for 4.88. They had so many that even 5 days later I could get some. My Walmart also still had the bikes. Don't forget that many stores including Walmart and Toys R Us will price match. last year we got Disney DVD's that were out at Target at Walmart for the Target price. Last year we did the same thing with playstation gaves at toys R Us. So if a store is out of soemthng and it is a price godd all day go to Walmart and pricematch.

So if a store is out of soemthng and it is a price godd all day go to Walmart and pricematch.

Thank you for sharing your experience and good advice.

Just remember that most stores price match policies are only valid if the competitor has the item in stock. Since Walmart will be super busy on Black Friday they may not call their competitor to see if it's in stock.