Come on in, say hi and get to know each other

RossMAN

With almost 2,000 registered members and hundreds of lurkers, I thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other.

So tell us a little about yourself such as:

1) Location. city/state/zip/county/state of mind

2) Are you married, in a relationship or single and available :2pimp: (damn GottaDate.com is already taken!)

3) What do you like about GottaDeal.com? How is it different from our competitors?

4) Black Friday ... are you excited?

5) Please take a minute and visit our GottaTalk Lounge ... lots of friendly and interesting people there.

6) Would you be interested in a new grocery/coupons forum? This would be the best of all worlds wrapped into one awesome forum. Today my wife and I went grocery shopping, our subtotal was $32, after discounts it was reduced to $24. I want us to be able to share techniques, strategies, coupons and more with one another.

If there is enough interest in this new forum then we'll make it happen.

Your turn :fedora:

Mendenhall, Mississippi

single with an 8 yr old daughter, with an open mind

I enjoy this site better because the others are very hard to navigate in my opinion. This site is also more involved than the others.

I have my hopes up for Black Friday, but not too high yet. My daughter and I love Christmas and BF gets us in the holiday spirit.

I always use coupons. Especially at Fred's Dollar Store here. They double coupons up to $1.00. I can go there and get health and beauty aides for free. My bill today was $27 before coupons and $13 when I got through. Also today I got a Black & Decker Cafe' coffee pot with the automated timer for $11.34 at Freds. So I guess you can say yes a forum on coupons would be great.

With almost 2,000 registered members and hundreds of lurkers, I thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other.

2) Are you married, in a relationship or single and available :2pimp: (damn GottaDate.com is already taken!)

3) What do you like about GottaDeal.com? How is it different from our competitors?

5) Please take a minute and visit our GottaTalk Lounge ... lots of friendly and interesting people there.

6) Would you be interested in a new grocery/coupons forum? This would be the best of all worlds wrapped into one awesome forum. Today my wife and I went grocery shopping, our subtotal was $32, after discounts it was reduced to $24. I want us to be able to share techniques, strategies, coupons and more with one another.

Man, it is way too late for me to be up! Hi Ross!

Okay, Hi, my name is Leah. I am in Jacksonville, FL- home of Super Bowl 39! I am married to Chris, an ex-Assistant Controller (he is currently on a "hiatus" from doing accounting work until who knows when.) I love GottaDeal because they have helped me spend money and yet they are showing me cool things to show Chris that he won't mind if I buy them! :rotflol: I have never been to a site like this so I would say you guys are way above your competitors! I am SO excited for Black Friday! I am not sure if Chris is though since he is the one that has to go out and do my bidding :2bat: but I am excited enough for the both of us and then some! I wouldn't mind seeing what you guys would have in the form of a grocery forum. I currently use the Grocery Game and it does really good (when I remember to clip the coupons!) and even Chris is impressed so that is saying a lot! :D

Okay, so I have the VCR to record my shows at midnight (Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell) so I am off to bed! NITE ALL! :2goodnite

1) Oak Creek (suburb of Milwaukee), WI, USA

2) Single

3) GottaDeal.com is without a doubt the best hot deals site on the internet - all of our competitors are no match for our awesomeness.

4) Not too excited yet - not many interesting deals so far. I'm more excited about seeing which of the "hotter" deals will be available online starting on Thanksgiving.

5) The GottaTalk Lounge - best thing to happen to the forums here - it was dead here before we made that new board

6) Whatever the people want, we'll do :)

I also want to remind our newcomers that GottaDeal is much more than BF. Our BF site is just a very small part of our overall site which is a more general hot deals / coupons site. We post hundreds of deals each week, every week of the year. The BF message board is also just one small part of our entire forum. We have plenty of other boards for you to participate in. We hope that we won't have a mass exodus after BF is over and that you will choose to stick around all year round and spread the word about the site :secret:

Well, I live in Mobile, Alabama

I am married, 12 wonderful years. Two Children... Boy 11, Girl 8 Both are on the A/B Honor Roll. :2wiggle: Yep, I am a Proud Mother, Had to Brag.

Going to college in January to become a Computer Tech. :groovin:

I love GotADeal... The People are wonderful and helpful here, Best site, and easy to navigate. But Mostly, the people :clapping:

For as Black Friday, I think I am just going to have to look at the ads, pictures always help me make up my mind, because the prices on items has disapointed me this year. :(

I will check out your Talk Lounge, Thanks for suggesting it to all of us....especially us newbies :rotflol: who had no idea it was around.

I like to use coupons as well, so great idea to me.

1) Location. NorthEast Georgia, open minded to most things

2) In a relationship

3) I like finding great deals here and the forum. Like someone else said... some of the other sites are hard to read.

4) not really :)

5) yes I have visted and its nice :groovin:

6) might be interested. I've started doing most of the grocery shopping around here.

Hi I'm Vicki I live in Farmington, NY (Finger Lakes Region) I cannot vouch for my state of mind though

I am married with 2 boys (2 1/2 and 6 months)

I like gottadeal.com because just when you think you've looked through everything and found all the deals..poof you find a place you missed. Also there is info on just about everything.

I am very excited about BF :clapping: . I have already used the shopping list section marking down what I truly have to have!

I am a big coupon user (saving on average $35-$50 each grocery order). No stores by me allow internet coupons anymore for grocery items but I know how to get paper coupons for just about everything.

1) Location: Ft. Campbell, KY...home of the 101st (but from southern CA...born, raised, and MISS IT)

2) Married with 3 kids, ages 4 (almost 5), 3 and 1...makes my state of mind kind of :bonk:

3) I like gottadeal.com because it looks so much more professional than any other BF site I've seen. I don't really have a need for the non-BF part of the site (no money for the nice electronics, LOL) but the BF part is awesome. Very organized and just so clean-looking. Great graphic design. Useful features too. :yelclap:

4) Well, YEAH!

5) Oh no...another board? I spend enough time on the computer already...ack...I'm going to get sucked in even more now...

6) Hmm, possibly. I shop at the commissary on post so really only commissary-specific info would help me; so that would all depend on if there were other military people with tips/info.

Hi everyone! :)

1) Houston, TX

2) married w/toddler

3) I love GottaDeal.com! I just found out about the site a week ago and it's great. It allows me to have a plan of what stores I will be shopping at on BF and a list of the items to look for.

4) Black Friday ... are you excited? Heck yeah! This is my first time.

6) Would you be interested in a new grocery/coupons forum? Sure

1) Nacogdoches, Texas...state of mind? I'm usually too tired to notice

2) Divorced (or soon to be, at least :thumbsup: ) with 5 year old daughter

3) I love that everyone is so friendly. I'm afraid to post at the other deal message board that I read because people can be so, um, unfriendly (to put it nicely). I feel much more comfortable here, and the deals are just as good or better!

4) I can't wait, even though I haven't seen a lot so far that's on my list. I just love the excitement of the day!

5) I agree. It's a good place to have a little fun.

6) A coupon forum would be great! When I organize my coupons I usually save 40-70% per trip, so I would definitely be interested.

Names David- 16 m in Bay Area - Cupertino. Single- but looking ?

Gottadeals is the best deal ive been to yet no lie. Saves me a lot of research time- appreciate it.

Excited as hell about black friday, gonna be my first. Bringing wooden people beating club and shield along with a water cooker for ramen noodles :o. Looking for camping partners at Fry's :D.

Hello everyone, My name is Paula (I am the Kiddo in genoandkiddo), I am from Sherwood, North Dakota. I am about 2 miles from the Canadian Border.

I am married, with three daughters (11yrs, 8yrs and 3yrs). My youngest name is Gianna but I refer to her as Gigi. So if I talk about Gigi you'll know who it is.

Gottadeal, is the best forum site by far. I have never felt so welcomed in any other site. There is just too many nice people here. I feel like I can voice my opinion without being deleted or yelled at. It's just awesome.

As far as BF well..... I am afraid, I am a little too excited. It is my favorite day of the year next to Fourth of July and Halloween. There are a few things that actually were on my christmas list. :)

I have gone there a few times, but just never posted. I will when BF is over with.

Rossman, I like your wife's. I just wish I could give some advice, but I sorta well..... I am not good at grocery shopping. :o

1. Ft.Drum,NY.. home of the 10th Mountain Division. Originally from Kansas. Moving to Ft.Bliss,TX this summer.

2. I'm Cara, married 14 yrs and some change, and have 3 kids. g13, g11 and b9.

3. This is only bf forum I've ever been to but I do like it! Very user friendly.

4. Not as excited about BF now since seeing some of the ads. Little disappointed, not sure if its worth waiting in freezing temps.

5. I'll check out the lounge, havent been anywhere but here on this site.

6. Im a coupon user also, so this would be great. :)

1) Location- Colorado

2) Are you married, in a relationship or single and available (damn GottaDate.com is already taken!) - Married - the 2nd time around is so much better! Have 3 wonderful kids. We can't help but be frugal.

3) What do you like about GottaDeal.com? How is it different from our competitors? - Competitors?? There are some? This is the best place I've seen so far. Can't wait to take advantage of the Overstock Make your own deal thread. How generous!

4) Black Friday ... are you excited? Now, that's an understatement

6) Would you be interested in a new grocery/coupons forum? This would be the best of all worlds wrapped into one awesome forum. Today my wife and I went grocery shopping, our subtotal was $32, after discounts it was reduced to $24. I want us to be able to share techniques, strategies, coupons and more with one another. - Sounds great to me.

Thanks, this has been fun. And you all are great. Now, I've gotta run and check out the Sunday ads and coupons LOL

:: stands up ::

Hi, My Name is Jayde and I am a gottadeal black friday addict :: hangs head::

"everyone shouts* HI Jayde!

I've been addicted to Black friday for the last 7 years, I've been trying to cut down seriously, but I just can't stop visiting and posting deals for BF here.

I have 6 kids :yawn: and I am simply addicted to bargians! Actually with 6 kids I can't afford to pay full price for anything!

I am currently looking for a sponser to help me through this addiction because my husband simply does not understand it LOL, Looks like I'm not the only one here who is addicted to great deals and saving money.

My clan , gaggle, pride,flock, etc etc is located in Erie Pa. Can I get a woot! woot! for us PA folks!

I'm taking everyday one deal at a time , I hope you all are too <G>

Midlothian, Texas, ~20 miles S of Dallas

Married, 2 children 12 & 15

I like Gotta Deal because it's still small, spect that'll change as time goes on. Also like that coupon codes are allowed.

BF-sort of excited, will be looking for inexpensive notebooks for our daughters, wife just jumped on board with the idea of turning PC room into exercise room & making the kids portable.

The lounge rocks :yelclap:

Love the coupon idea, I've been a coupon shopper for a long time, I go through the Sunday paper's inserts, clip & organize coupons.

hi yall!i am a new to the site i found gottadeal.com through a search on yahoo!i live in asheboro nc (home of the north carolina zoo)i am single with no kids i have seen other sites but nothing compares to this one and as for black friday.... :mad::curse::splat::banghead::bonk:i dont like the crowds but to get a good bargain i will fight my way through :jump3:and a grocery/coupon forum is a great idea!!!!!

Hi all!

1) Anchorage, Alaska

2) In a relationship

3) I actually just found it a couple of weeks ago. I like that everyone is so friendly and helpful. The site is laid out nice and it's easy for me to find what I'm looking for.

4) Oh, yeah! I think it should be declared a holiday!

5) Didn't know it was there, but will check it out.

6) I would love it. I never pay full price for anything if I can help it.

Location NEW JERSEY

Married with two boys and a dog

Black Friday ... are you excited NOT SURE YET>

I am a major couponer.................

Allison

I live in Georgia , and I am out of my mind LOL :eek:

I am married been married for almost 18 yrs and have 3 sons :tongue1:

I like gotta deal because it everyone seems friendly... :yelclap:

Unless Best buy comes through I am very dissappointed in the ads on BF.. I hope these are not complete ads :rant:

coupon formum would be great :yelclap:

Hi :hiya:

Location- Michigan, 3 hours north of Detroit.

Relationship-I'm here,he's in Kentucky :wub:

I love this site because it's easy to find info and everyone is nice and ready to be helpful. And I really like the smilies. :yelclap:

I'm starting to get excited. :2woot:

A coupon forum would be cool. :cool:

Hi

I am in NY rigth next to Cayuga Lake (with in 1/4 mile), very rural area my state of mind TIRED

Seperated not my choice

Mama to 4 wonderful boys!

Didn't know there were other sites like this adn didnt' know there was anymore to this than BF

BF excited YES YES YES. though most of teh shopping I do that day is not for me insetad I take friends and families lists and get what they dont' want to get up early and get. Although I think the deals are not as good this year

COupons YES YES YES lvoe them in fact bought 3 sunday papers to day. My goal is to always save at least 30% on my once a month grocery shopping