What do you do in line?

outnumbered

So...we've established that many of us arrive at our stores around 3 am or even earlier--definitely hours ahead of opening time. What do you do during those hours to pass the time? Those who go with friends/family have an advantage: company! Those who go alone...do you just sit there, bored? (LOL...that's been me in past years...don't want to be bored in the cold again this year.)

This is a very good question.

Usually stand around bored outta my mind. This year I might buy a cheap collapsable $20 chair, bring a GameBoy with fully charged batteries. If there is a WiFi signal around and no rain, might bring the laptop as well.

Ooh, two very good ideas there for me, thanks! I have one of those cheap collapsable chairs (under $10 at Walmart) and my dh has a gameboy. I'm by no means good at video games in general, let alone on a tiny little gameboy...but shoot, with that much time to kill, I'm sure I can improve LOL.

Oh--wait--that means you have to shop while carrying your collapsed chair, right? Maybe that won't be such a good idea for me. Might slow me down. Hmm, or maybe it could be a weapon....bwahahaha....kidding of course!

You forgot one thing ---> :2football

We'll be driving to the stores, so 30 minutes before the store opens we'll put the chairs away in the car.

Ooh, two very good ideas there for me, thanks! I have one of those cheap collapsable chairs (under $10 at Walmart) and my dh has a gameboy. I'm by no means good at video games in general, let alone on a tiny little gameboy...but shoot, with that much time to kill, I'm sure I can improve LOL.

There is this one level I'm stuck on Mario vs Donkey Kong perhaps someone in the line can help us pass it

--or--

I'll throw it away in a fit of rage and buy a new Nintendo DS??? :clapping::clapping:

I go by myself every year and stand until some other group comes and make conversation. Its always me and the other moms (sometimes dads) at KB Toys. Im a talker and every year so far we all talk about our kids, their lists, and what we are going for in KB. Its fun. I don't dare bring coffee like I would want to as I KNOW I would have to go to the bathroom. So stuck it up in the cold and wait till it opens. Its amazing how fast 4 hours go when you make new friends!

I love talking to others in line also. KB handed out tickets for certain items last year I think (my memory suks). If the people I was talking to in line needed lets say 2 items for girls then I would get a ticket and give it to them, and they did the same for me (seeing as how I have 2 boys). It was kind of nice how it worked out for us! I was actually impressed! I was able to get in and out of KB last year in less than 10 min., I have no idea how in the He!! I did that!

I usually go to walmart first because they are open 24 hours. Last year we went to walmart about 330 am got everything and stood waiting for the register to open up at about 530am. We were out of there by 6:15 am went to kmart no lines got what i wanted from there then on to target got what I wanted from there went out had breakfast and was home by 9am.

I arrive at BB 1:30 A.M. Sit in my directors chair, watch TV on my Casio 770, take pictures of us morons with my Vivitar 3730, and talk to the people around me about what store we are going to hit next. When there is a half hour of waiting left, I take out my can of Shasta soda and drink it. I'm always afraid I'm going to need to go the bathroom sooner. The people around me last year had a laptop, and brought chinese take-out food. With an hour to go local businesses come by with coffee and donuts, and breakfast sands available at movie theater prices.

Guest Luckycharm

This is a very good question.

Usually stand around bored outta my mind. This year I might buy a cheap collapsable $20 chair, bring a GameBoy with fully charged batteries. If there is a WiFi signal around and no rain, might bring the laptop as well.

Hey Ross you can log in here and give us all a play by play as you sit there observing humanity! :2pimp: