Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

>>> Official 2006 MCDONALD'S BEST BUY MONOPOLY Thread <<<

1244 replies to this topic

#1171 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 8:05 am

Is there someplace that they have a list of the winners posted? I want to see how many prizes they really gave away. Thanks.

13. WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Winners List, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to McDonald's Redemption Center: MONOPOLY® 2006 Game at McDonald's - Winners List Request, P.O. Box 3193, Oak Brook, IL 60522-3193. All requests must be received between October 3, 2006 and January 12, 2007. A list of prize winners will be available no sooner than March 15, 2007 and will be mailed when the Game is officially over and the prizes have been verified and awarded. Limit one request per outer envelope

#1172 KBsDarling  OFFLINE  

KBsDarling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 9:54 am

Quantity Item Total 33 4x6 print(s) $3.96 818 4x5.3 trueDigital print(s) $98.16 851 glossy finish $0.00 851 Customer Service Credit for 4x6(s) $-102.12 851 Free Print(s) standard shipping $0.00 *snort* well guess that pays back my 39.00 in postage investment LMAO

#1173 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 10:26 am

what are you ordering 850 prints of????

#1174 KBsDarling  OFFLINE  

KBsDarling

• 1,762 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 11:58 am

over 400 different pics i have saved

#1175 mrbigreded  OFFLINE  

mrbigreded

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 3:26 pm

is anyone else having a problem with the best buy web site when you go to checkout. I have tried like 10 times to order stuff off the site. I was going to get wonder showzen season 2, Seinfeld season 7, 100 blank DVD's, and some ear buds, then I was going to go into the store to get a DVD recorder. I have been waiting for over a week now for it to work. Anyone have any suggestions?

#1176 stationchief  ONLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,518 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Nov 19, 2006 - 4:09 pm

Mine were all printed inners and outers using several handwriting fonts. KInda surprised that they're able to tell between the ones that were hand-written in black ink and the ones that were printed. Anyways, as of today my grand to tal for BBB is $136. Was hoping to get all the rest by this friday, but I've pretty much given up on all that. Am planning on gettin' a christmas present for the wife with what little I got. Either a keyboard she really wants or the remainder of the MASH tv season box sets she needs to complete her collection if they're not really sticking to that "$3 max for DVDs" rule anymore. So now that it's all said and done, what are YOUR grand totals and what have 'ya got or are 'ya getting this year with your BBB?

#1177 kmbrly  OFFLINE  

kmbrly

Going in circles

• 2,669 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2006 - 1:58 pm

I went to BB today to spend the last of my BBB. I really needed a new carpet steam cleaner, so I ended up getting the Bissell Pro Heat x2. $179 on sale this week (reg 199.99) -$70 being an open box item -$96 BBB Paid $14.90 (for a $200 machine) and wheeled that baby out the front door.

#1178 ebony0421  OFFLINE  

ebony0421

• 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 1:51 am

:( I am really wishing that I'd mailed my redemption paperwork for the $200 gift card as soon as I'd won it. That would've been nice to have for bf if their process is quicker than the rules state.

#1179 laffnatu  OFFLINE  

laffnatu

• 4,253 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 2:36 am

Paid $14.90 (for a $200 machine) and wheeled that baby out the front door.

WOW!!!! Great deal! I wish they had an open box when I bought mine with my BBB. I ended up spending $57 or so in cash.

#1180 laffnatu  OFFLINE  

laffnatu

• 4,253 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 2:38 am

:( I am really wishing that I'd mailed my redemption paperwork for the $200 gift card as soon as I'd won it. That would've been nice to have for bf if their process is quicker than the rules state.

I mailed my Geek Squad info as soon as I won it (Nov. 7th). I'm waiting to see if their process is faster than stated too.

When did you mail out for your gift card?

#1181 laffnatu  OFFLINE  

laffnatu

• 4,253 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 8:31 am

Someone kick me in the :gd_shake: please!!!! I received a big stuffed envelope today with no return address. It say Redeemption Center on the back of the flap. I thought OMG!! I got my Geek Squad card already!! I opened it and it was a 16 page copy of the rules with a single piece of paper. "We would like to acknowledge receipt of you Monopoly 2006 Game at McDonald's Documents. The envelope that we received from you contained the incorrect "Game Stamp" for the prize you are claiming." and blah blah blah after that. UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I checked the copies of what I sent in and sure enough I mailed in the wrong stamp. #%^&%$$#@$##@~!@!!!! :gdcensored: Dang it.. oh well, it was definitely my fault. I was so excited, I should have double checked the one I mailed. It hasn't stopped me from wanting to play next year. If I ever win again, I will make sure I have the right one in it. I would probably have been more pissed if I had won the Amex card and screwed up like this.. LOL.

#1182 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 8:44 am

Can you believe I still haven't sent in my stuff yet? DH finally made copies at work yesterday so I'll probably bring them to the PO tomorrow. How did you guys send your documents? 1st class? Priority? Certified?

#1183 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 8:45 am

By the waylaffnatu, if you had won a prize that you really really wanted, I'll bet you would have checked that stamp 100 times.

#1184 laffnatu  OFFLINE  

laffnatu

• 4,253 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 9:13 am

By the waylaffnatu, if you had won a prize that you really really wanted, I'll bet you would have checked that stamp 100 times.

Yep, you're probably right. LOL.

I mailed in my envelope 1st class. The letter they sent me was dated Nov.16th. I couldn't make out the postmark on the front though. So it took about 5 days for me to receive it from IL to NC.

#1185 duls89  OFFLINE  

duls89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 2:29 pm

Has anyone ordered dvd's online and used more then $3 or is this being strictly enforced?

#1186 indallas  OFFLINE  

indallas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 2:43 pm

Has anyone ordered dvd's online and used more then $3 or is this being strictly enforced?

NOT DVD's but I bought two NEW CD's and it let me use all my Best Buy bucks - $18.00

Try it.

#1187 kmbrly  OFFLINE  

kmbrly

Going in circles

• 2,669 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 2:50 pm

I have.
On 3 seperate orders I ordered Beverly Hills 90210, season 1, Melrose Place season 1, and Desperate housewives, season 2 (which happens to be on sale this week for 29.99, season 1 is still selling for 49.99)

#1188 ebony0421  OFFLINE  

ebony0421

• 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 4:33 pm

I mailed my Geek Squad info as soon as I won it (Nov. 7th). I'm waiting to see if their process is faster than stated too.

When did you mail out for your gift card?

I mailed mine in on November 8th. I sent it express, because I was hoping for a miracle, that it would arrive by bf, this weekend or early next week. Some stores tend to have good sales here and there the week following bf.

#1189 Josher5513  OFFLINE  

Josher5513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2006 - 10:45 pm

Yes, I've ordered Will and Grace box sets, along with a bunch of DVD's... Used all BBB, so they also all had to be seperate orders (40 code limit)... I also selected in store pickup, to save on shipping, and get them quicker.. No hassles at the store, but I did get funny looks, showing the associate 10 different orders with 1 thing each, all totalling $0 on my credit card. lol

#1190 kmbrly  OFFLINE  

kmbrly

Going in circles

• 2,669 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 1:26 am

but I did get funny looks, showing the associate 10 different orders with 1 thing each, all totalling $0 on my credit card. lol

I got some of the same looks. The guy retrieving my orders made the comment about 3 of my 5 being DVD sets.

#1191 schwoozer  OFFLINE  

schwoozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 8:17 am

I got Narnia, Lady and the Tramp, Little Mermaid, Batman Begins, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory using almost nothing but BBB (some $5). Cost me 53 BBB and $0.15 on my credit card. I was a bit concerned about the in store pickup, but thankfully things were so insane there that day that they didn't seem to care about anything but getting me out the door. If I had known they weren't going to enforce the DVD limits, I'd have sent in ALOT more envelopes. Oh well.

#1192 indallas  OFFLINE  

indallas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 8:55 am

Has anyone used their BB bucks online then again in the store????????????????? ;)

#1193 mrbigreded  OFFLINE  

mrbigreded

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 11:41 am

I went online and ordered seinfeld season 7 and wonder showzen season 2 and the total was abou $62.00 and I used all Best Buy bucks and I went to pick it up at the store about two hours later with no problem at all. I even found seven bucks on the floor while I was waiting in line at customer service. I plan on also getting a dvd recorder, new microwave, and maybe some PS2 games with the other bucks as well as using them in the store.

#1194 chefbart  OFFLINE  

chefbart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 11:55 am

i used my bbb for dvds with no problem

#1195 mom04  OFFLINE  

mom04

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 12:24 pm

Can we use our BBB towards a Laptop ? Couldnt find the list of what you can/ cannot but..

#1196 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 1:04 pm

Can we use our BBB towards a Laptop ? Couldnt find the list of what you can/ cannot but..

I need to look for that list too. I wanted to buy an i-tunes card and they told me no. I couldn't think of what else to buy so I got vacuum cleaner bags and then came home and ordered a cd with the BBB I used for the bags:D

#1197 bluehutto  OFFLINE  

bluehutto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 1:27 pm

They let me use $321 worth on the same order. Poor guy had to sit there and scan every single one of them. I felt sorry for him because he was not even a regular cashier he was a service tech.

#1198 mom04  OFFLINE  

mom04

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 2:51 pm

Found this.... Cannot be used toward purchase of certain products and services, including but not limited to, Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Bose® audio products, DIRECTV service, satellite radio service, Cinema Systems, pay-as-you-go phone cards, Digital SLR cameras, High Definition camcorders, HP ink and paper, taxes, state fees, installation fees, delivery fees, third-party purchases, special order items, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, and Magnolia Home Theater products, Bose®, SpeakerCraft, Sonos, Tivoli Audio, MartinLogan and Vienna Acoustics. Quantity limits may apply.

#1199 juanadeal  OFFLINE  

juanadeal

Hooked on Deals

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 9:56 pm

Found this....
Cannot be used toward purchase of certain products and services, including but not limited to, Best Buy Gift Cards, video game hardware, Bose® audio products, DIRECTV service, satellite radio service, Cinema Systems, pay-as-you-go phone cards, Digital SLR cameras, High Definition camcorders, HP ink and paper, taxes, state fees, installation fees, delivery fees, third-party purchases, special order items, Performance Service Plans, Product Replacement Plans, and Magnolia Home Theater products, Bose®, SpeakerCraft, Sonos, Tivoli Audio, MartinLogan and Vienna Acoustics. Quantity limits may apply.

I didn't think it said no i-tunes. Too bad I wasn't in a fighting mood.

#1200 laffnatu  OFFLINE  

laffnatu

• 4,253 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2006 - 10:41 pm

I didn't think it said no i-tunes. Too bad I wasn't in a fighting mood.

Maybe they look at that as being a gift card? :g_shrug:

I was told that I couldn't buy gift cards when I went in.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users