How have your stores changed?

Keebelf

I know there is the thread about what stores will you be hitting this BF and I know several of us, me included, answered before the deals even came out, mainly based on what the deals were last year. So, how have your stores changed since the lists have come out....

For us, this year it looks like we will mainly be hitting Sears and that is about it. Last year I had Chris hit TRU for the kidsa nd that was the only store. The year before, Walmart. I am not sure if it is more that the deals at Sears are better or if our shopping "views" have changed. After buying the kids a lot of toys last year (it being Patrick's first Christmas and the first Christmas Alexis really understood) and found that they only play with a select few. This year, it looks like we will be shopping mainly for us, bad i know but it is all about compromis right? :)

So, what stores have changed for you?

I will be going mainly to Sears too. I've actually never hit them on BF before. This year is different for two reasons: I have a Sears credit card (and no others, so I can only use credit at Sears) LOL; and there are some great deals there on a variety of things, so I'll be able to shop for a lot of people at only one store. Can't beat that.

I used to hit TRU and Target...I'll probably skip TRU this year and I'm waiting for Target's ad to decide if I'll bother with them or not. If I have success at Sears I may not go anywhere else--other than to buy that portable dvd player.

In the past, BF was a way for me to get the "cool" toys for the kids at affordable prices. This year I did the toy shopping early so now I only really need to buy for the grownup relatives--I think that is the main change.

I have a Sears Card too! But, since I can't drive, I have to stay home and watch the kids (unless I can talk Chris' parents to watch them if they come down from VA) and the Sears card is only in my name. Chrsi has a CC as well but it is a Jeep Visa. So, I am planning on paying off as much of his CC with MY CC and that way he will have an empty CC to shop with and I won't have to be there. if I can get his parents to watch the kids then I won't have to pay off his CC and we will just use mine.

One thing that never changes will be the vehicle we take- JEEP WRANGLER! You can't beat being able to go over curbs and parking between a tree and light pole that only another Wrangler or a motorcycle can fit though! The weather is usally warm enough down here that we take the top off and that way can stack a lot better. Besides, Chris is from VA, he can stand cooler temps better than me. :lol Right now though, Chris' uncle is using our Jeep so we are going to steal it from him on Thanksgiving Day that way we can get everything ready.

LOL about the Jeep. I'll be taking the minivan...but with no kids in it, so I can pack it as full as I want to. Won't be as easy to find parking spaces, but I'll probably be out early enough for that not to be a problem. I don't mind walking, anyway. I'll be too happy to be out without the kids (3 under 5) to care how many miles it is from my parking spot to the mall entrance!

So far none!! LOL. Im praying Toys R Us and KayBee toys comes through for me. Otherwise this will be the first BF in 4 years that I've gotten sleep. Nothing so far on any of the BF deals are on my childrens lists. Im mainly needing toy items so waiting for the toy stores to see what they will have

LOL about the Jeep. I'll be taking the minivan...but with no kids in it, so I can pack it as full as I want to. Won't be as easy to find parking spaces, but I'll probably be out early enough for that not to be a problem. I don't mind walking, anyway. I'll be too happy to be out without the kids (3 under 5) to care how many miles it is from my parking spot to the mall entrance!

Yeah, without kids you can sprint there! I know what you mean though. Alexis is almost 4 and Patrick will be 2 on BF so I know the feeling!