What stores are you still waiting on?

Yorkiegirl1

I went into my Menards this morning and asked if they had the ad paper. The girl said that the employees still haven’t seen it that they are in a sealed box. I said when will they give them out? I said people have to make plans other stores have already started their sales or at least published their ad. She said she will pass my concern on to the manager when he comes in. [emoji37]

I actually emailed customer service to ask about their ‘missing’ ad and they said it will be released Friday. What the heck. The actual day of the sale? Has to be an error…right??

That should be an error. We usually get it with the food flyers on Tuesdays / Wednesdays in which I didnt see it today with the food flyers. It will probably be in our Thursday paper which I dunno how many people ready anymore followed by Menards doing commercials like crazy starting Wednesday night into Friday. I was so hoping to get it today.

• Like 1

That should be an error. We usually get it with the food flyers on Tuesdays / Wednesdays in which I didnt see it today with the food flyers. It will probably be in our Thursday paper which I dunno how many people ready anymore followed by Menards doing commercials like crazy starting Wednesday night into Friday. I was so hoping to get it today.

I called my store and they said they are not releasing it until Friday. The guy said “people try to hide items and it messes with our inventory”. I asked how I am supposed to know if I want to be there? He said “sorry”. Wow. I am disappointed!!!

Edited by BFShopper47
  • Like 1

Well, if they truly don't release the ad until Friday, then I think they will lose a lot of customers.  I'm usually shopping for my husband and family, if I can't see the ad until sometime in the night on Thursday or after midnight on Friday, no way am I going to get a list of things my family wants before they would open at 6am.  Hence I'm not getting my butt up to stand out in the cold with temps in the single digits!  STUPID!!  

• Like 2

I called my store and they said they are not releasing it until Friday. The guy said “people try to hide items and it messes with our inventory”. I asked how I am supposed to know if I want to be there? He said “sorry”. Wow. I am disappointed!!!

Well.... I mean I saw stuff there last night that Im pretty sure is BF stuff that Ive seen go on sale in years past. Whats the difference if I try to hide it now for Friday on the assumption? Plus its pretty obvious when they are setting up designated areas for air freyers, instapots, and other small appliances and mini fridges they dont normally carry & having them located near the bedding area. LOL I think our only hope is if they post the Ad on their website either after store close Wednesday night, or sometime Thursday morning..... Im not just going to stand inline to wait for the ad on Friday. They can kiss it, plus 11% :) 

• Like 3

Wow. The lady in my store thought it would come in the thanksgiving paper with the other ads. But still. Whoever in their management thought of this save the ad till Thursday or Friday may have to rethink their thinking after Friday. I usually get to mine 4:30-5 am. I won’t do that if I don’t know what’s on sale. I’m not going to get the ad on my way in the door and spontaneously decide what to get, how many, and for who. And honestly I usually spend 600 - 800 there. Because I usually stock up on hair clippers, dog beds, sausage, ear buds, pots and pans and kitchen things, other special buy sauces, toys, etc. Besides has anybody seen the mess they have in there store by 3pm after the early bird rush? So if I have to go late. Then I know I won’t spend like I normally do.

• Like 2

Well, if they truly don't release the ad until Friday, then I think they will lose a lot of customers.  I'm usually shopping for my husband and family, if I can't see the ad until sometime in the night on Thursday or after midnight on Friday, no way am I going to get a list of things my family wants before they would open at 6am.  Hence I'm not getting my butt up to stand out in the cold with temps in the single digits!  STUPID!!  

Honestly, the people you should be mad at are the ones that tried to scam the system in the past. It sucks that a store is doing this to their customers, but it sounds like they were the victims first and are now trying to protect themselves from the abusers.

Wow. The lady in my store thought it would come in the thanksgiving paper with the other ads. But still. Whoever in their management thought of this save the ad till Thursday or Friday may have to rethink their thinking after Friday. I usually get to mine 4:30-5 am. I won’t do that if I don’t know what’s on sale. I’m not going to get the ad on my way in the door and spontaneously decide what to get, how many, and for who. And honestly I usually spend 600 - 800 there. Because I usually stock up on hair clippers, dog beds, sausage, ear buds, pots and pans and kitchen things, other special buy sauces, toys, etc. Besides has anybody seen the mess they have in there store by 3pm after the early bird rush? So if I have to go late. Then I know I won’t spend like I normally do.

Before sites like this almost everyone waited until Thanksgiving to view the ads, honestly I doubt it costs them much in sales.  They may not be anxious to sell their loss leaders this year because the volume of other sales won't make up for it, with anticipated volume from most of their customers being lower.

I agree with your @Ravenmaniac. The people will still come and be crazy. It just makes all the shoppers who like to plan out their purchases crazy. Maybe it will hurt sales and maybe it will not. 

Honestly, the people you should be mad at are the ones that tried to scam the system in the past. It sucks that a store is doing this to their customers, but it sounds like they were the victims first and are now trying to protect themselves from the abusers.

Before sites like this almost everyone waited until Thanksgiving to view the ads, honestly I doubt it costs them much in sales.  They may not be anxious to sell their loss leaders this year because the volume of other sales won't make up for it, with anticipated volume from most of their customers being lower.

Menards is already a mad house. I get most of us do not mind that as we have been doing the BF thing for enough years we remember the "good ole days"

BUT

One of my biggest issues with the early opening times in last few years is it attracted people that wouldn't normally go out and that just kind of wandered and looked around. I foresee this mad PUSH to get in door and get ad and then everyone stopping 2 feet inside the store to look thru it. The bottle neck traffic jam that this is gonna create is going to be NUTS. 

At least in years past we could make a plan before going in. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I think it's so much harder this year because most of the sales have already started, have an online retail option, and people want to get shopping done when they can. If there's no plan to get anything at Menards until after all the other shopping is done, there may not be a need (though, there's always a need for something there).
  • Like 1

Before sites like this almost everyone waited until Thanksgiving to view the ads, honestly I doubt it costs them much in sales. They may not be anxious to sell their loss leaders this year because the volume of other sales won't make up for it, with anticipated volume from most of their customers being lower.

Yes I remember the good ol’ days of getting the paper and looking through every ad and then making a plan. However, my point was that sales where already happening. Holding out could be missing out if people didn’t know you’d have a better deal. Loyal customers will still go somewhere else for good deals. Hope you had a great BF