Contest: Win Black Friday T-Shirts [Winners Posted]

Brad

One favorite memory that sticks out to me was in 2008 I believe, Walmart's BF ad had a Canon digital camera,  On thanksgiving day,  got the newspaper circular from the local gas station,  looked at all the ads, my dad needed a camera and I needed one to take some nice quality pictures during family events and such,  anyways, I called dad up and see if he wanted to come down at 5am in the morning to camp out with me since this would be my first time ever camping out,  he wasnt much into the idea, however, he did ask me, would you get one for me since your getting one? I said why of course I will! So that night, i didnt get to sleep until maybe around 1am, woke up a few hours later around 4, groggy and I love my sleep but was determined,  ran to Walmart and when i got in the parking lot, i couldnt believe how packed it was already,  rushed inside with fear, thinking that I may be to late,  and I search around and see the pallet with the cameras with the wrap all around it and a line, I thought, oh crap! I got in line, waited for 30 minutes or so and the employee took the wrap off and bombs away! people mad rushed all around that pallet which if I had to guess had 100 or so cameras on there at least,  the pushing and shoving was crazy but I got up there and got two!,  there was a older female that didnt want to risk getting pushed/shoved, she looked at me and shouted, are you able to get me one and she said pleaseee? I immediately grabbed one walked away and met up with her and said here you go ma'am. She graciously said thank you so much and smiled. Thats one memory that sticks out to me well!

• Like 4

Several years ago, my daughter would go with me to stand in the long lines to try to get the hot deals she and her sisters wanted for Christmas. Two of them wanted laptops that year. We were towards the back of the line with little chance of getting the deal. As everyone in line were discussing the items they were after, another shopper handed us an ad for another store that opened later. We liked the computers at that store so we drove to that store and were one of the first people in line. We got two computers at a great price that day and the girls had a great surprise on Christmas.

Another time we were in line to get a laptop to replace one that wore out. The wii had just come out. Someone asked if we were there to get a wii. People around us thought we were crazy as we discussed if we wanted one or not. We decided we did and got it on a doorbuster deal.sometimes you just luck into a deal. We were lucky that day.

As the children have grown up and moved away, I miss the times of long lines spent waiting with my daughters followed by breakfast in their choice of restaurant. Then Christmas tree hunting and decorating in the afternoon.

My two boys never did really enjoy BF shopping, but once they were teenagers, they would go to our local Walmart to help stand in line or grab things for their younger sister.  If there was something that they wanted then my husband or I would stand in line or grab the things they wanted so it was still a surprise Christmas morning.  Now they are 23 (yes, twins) and are married.  My daughter is 15 and she and my hsuband go to our local Walmart store with me to help get things that I might want for her brothers or their wives.  Then she goes home with her dad and a friend and I go out of town to do the rest of the BF shopping.

I do miss those days when all three were at home and we would all head out together. 

• Like 1

Favorite Tradition was getting out early, standing in line with other super savers and meeting new friends.  Than of course the planning of which store to get to first and where to go next.  After all the shopping done it was on to breakfast with the family.  

Best deal was last year, online black Friday price for an awesome TV, could not believe my luck getting one in the cart and making it to check out without getting the out of stock message.  

BF Family tradition : check out GottaDEAL October- December (Pre-game tradition lol )

Eat plenty of Thanksgiving dinner, rest a bit, head out to Target, Walmart & Best Buy. Browse and buy things if we see something we can use. Have most of our Christmas gifts bought by BF ( because we love good deals.) come back home and relax !!! It’s super fun and family time is great. 

Best BF deal : 199.00 laptop from Walmart! 

Some of my favorite Black Fridays involve my daughter, husband and/or mother-in-law(who passed away in 2012). My husband and I used to go to Walmart early to get stuff to price match and mark the price match stuff with post it notes to make it easier. My mother-in-law would go to the same Walmart with my sisters-in-law around the time my husband and I were ready to check out. She would usually look at our cart for something she could get our kids for Christmas. One year, my son wanted a Joker and Batman action figure set. I hadn't seen it, but decided to do one more lap around the store. I was excited to find one just laying on top of a box by the garden section. When my mother-in-law looked at the cart, I showed the action figure set to her. She gave my son the Joker and Batman and he absolutely loved it! They both ended up happy.

The first Black Friday my daughter came along with my husband and I was the first year Toys R us opened on Thanksgiving. It was her first store and that store was an absolute mess. It was packed. No one knew where the line was, people were throwing down their stuff and leaving. We finally found an employee that told us where the end of the line was. We waited for well over an hour, get to the front of the line and a lady told us to go to another line because the line we were in wasn't a line. A few of us protested and were able to check out after some other people went in front of us. We ended up going to a different city the Black Fridays after that. The Toys R Us there was much more organized. The next year, my daughter and I split up and checked out separately. I grabbed the stuff on my list and checked out in 5 minutes. I thought I had done well, but my daughter was already putting her stuff in the car. She became a Black Friday veteran and we made a great team. I haven't been Black Friday shopping with her in a few years, but it was fun while it lasted. 

Throughout the years, Black Friday has changed. My husband and I used to wait out in the cold for Walmart to open so we could afford things for our little ones. Some stores have come and some have gone. We have found great deals like the $148 TV at Walmart and the Loopz game my son really wanted for $5. We went shopping with different members of our family. When I think of Black Friday, it brings some sadness because of the ones we lost, but it also brings joy because of the memories we made.

• Like 2

I loved going over the sales ads after Thanksgiving dinner and planning my strategy... getting up @ 3 or 4 am on Friday to get in line no matter what the weather was like that year I stood in that line and waited!!!! Some of those stores are now closed but the memories remain...

One favorite memory that sticks out to me was in 2008 I believe, Walmart's BF ad had a Canon digital camera,  On thanksgiving day,  got the newspaper circular from the local gas station,  looked at all the ads, my dad needed a camera and I needed one to take some nice quality pictures during family events and such,  anyways, I called dad up and see if he wanted to come down at 5am in the morning to camp out with me since this would be my first time ever camping out,  he wasnt much into the idea, however, he did ask me, would you get one for me since your getting one? I said why of course I will! So that night, i didnt get to sleep until maybe around 1am, woke up a few hours later around 4, groggy and I love my sleep but was determined,  ran to Walmart and when i got in the parking lot, i couldnt believe how packed it was already,  rushed inside with fear, thinking that I may be to late,  and I search around and see the pallet with the cameras with the wrap all around it and a line, I thought, oh crap! I got in line, waited for 30 minutes or so and the employee took the wrap off and bombs away! people mad rushed all around that pallet which if I had to guess had 100 or so cameras on there at least,  the pushing and shoving was crazy but I got up there and got two!,  there was a older female that didnt want to risk getting pushed/shoved, she looked at me and shouted, are you able to get me one and she said pleaseee? I immediately grabbed one walked away and met up with her and said here you go ma'am. She graciously said thank you so much and smiled. Thats one memory that sticks out to me well!

Thats a great memory. The old lady that shopped BF in my area wasn't so nice. She stole out of my buggy two years in a row and you cant do anything because in the south you mind your manners especially with your elders. I know she knew it and everyone know she would do it. SMH 

Our 15 winners for this contest are:

cllehto
dantegirl
tjredsox4
starbeck96
daftande
jtitus2014
Pepper_Mint_Tea
chester5
kellis4321
amdskip
Sim31
Hartcollectibles
stina629
Doresia
hillbillyswife

Congrats and look for a PM from me to claim your prize :)

• Like 6