Trying to be nice on BF

motoXmom

OK last year I was in line at the mall for KB. There was a woman in a wheelechair who asked if she could cut more towards the front of the line. It was pretty cold and lightly raining. So we ( the first 10 or so of us) let her "cut" in line. We thought 'Tis the Season ... Right NOT when the doors were unlocked that woman got up -yes she did- and RAN into the store. The rest of us stopped in our tracks just stunned. Someone behind me yelled "It's a Miracle" and ran after her! LOL I laugh about it now and I can still see her jumping up and taking off like someone shot her in the butt!

Too funny! Moto I am visually imapaired to the point of legally blind even with glasses but you wouldn't be able to tell unless I told you. I sent an email to Chris earlier today that, through the Florida Chapter of Foundation Fighting Blindness you can get a validation card saying that you are legally blind as per the State of Florida (not to meniton a free Fishing license! :confused::rotflol: ) So, I might just get that before BF to prove if anyone has any questions.

I have had my handicapped placard for the car for almsot a year now and I have been questioned 3 times at Walmart. I don't drive but I usually help Chris get the kids in and the groceries loaded in the car and I guess the rent-a-cops and such thought that if you are handicapped you aren't supposed to be doing that...it is still funny to me though to see the rejected faces on these guys when they can't bust someone for parking illegaly.

ROTFL that is hysterical....I was pregnant last year and for the most part people were courteous but I sure did get bumped and nudged quite a bit, I made a point of getting the persons attention and looking down at my belly then looking back and them and shaking my head. I know we are all in a rush to get the deals but sometimes a lil patience or common courtesy can go a long way. I'm not pregnant this year so all bets are off and I better not see any of the folks who pushed and shoved me last year muwahahahaha ! Just kidding <G>

LOL I can't believe that! My mom has really bad knees I keep telling her to get a Rascal so she can sit. Maybe I should borrow a Wheelchair for her! LOL She would be hell on wheels. Serisously I wouldn't do that. That is so wrong and underhanded to all the people who have been freezing thier butts off for hours in the cold.

I cannot believe she actually had the nerve to pull that off!! I would love to have been there and seen if anyone said anything to her after she got out of the store. Such cheap tricks for a toys! LOL. I go to kayBee here in Ohio too but obviously not mine. Too funny

I just wanted to say, Last year, I had went shopping by myself, and I had a buggy, and a bike for my son, and a bike for my girl, well, I was trying to get my sons speed bike into the cart, it was still in the box, a nice gentleman and a girl stopped their shopping to help me lift it, I only weigh 105 lbs if you can imagine that and no way was I going to be able to lift that by myself, so, my Thanks goes out to those who help others :yelclap: , it was the best part of my day, they were angels :angel1: in my eyes!

So, if all of us are shopping out their on BF, remember it only takes a sec to help someone who is struggleing. :yelclap:

DestinyFaith, you can deffinitely lift that bike :) i weight 130 and i can lift virtually any bike they have a walmart over my head, they weight like 100 pounds max, hell if they make them any heavier than that they kids won't be able to use them, speaking of lifting, maybe i should start weight lifting, getting ready for BF lol.

:rotflol::rotflol::rotflol:

OMG that is 2 funny!! BUT if I had been there I would have been :splat: and of course would have HAD to :2bat: mention it to her in the store about how it was a miracle that now she could stand and RUN

Everyone I had the pleasure of dealing with on BF was very nice as was myself :angel1:

We do this at Disney World...ppl in wheelchairs get to cut line in most of the rides...my mom has bad knees and can't stand for long periods of time and so we get her an electric wheelchair and we all follow her since they allow the rest of the group go with her...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! I feel a broken leg coming on my next visit to Disney World...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Guest Luckycharm

We do this at Disney World...ppl in wheelchairs get to cut line in most of the rides...my mom has bad knees and can't stand for long periods of time and so we get her an electric wheelchair and we all follow her since they allow the rest of the group go with her...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! I feel a broken leg coming on my next visit to Disney World...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

My Ex took my youngest son to Disneyworld last summer. He has Cerebral Palsy, so he got the wristband to go to the front of the line. YES they had the entire group follow him on the rides. Bad thing was, my IDIOT EX decided that my son should ride space Mountain, and all the GIANT rides so none of the rest of em had to wait :eek: My son has Epilepsy, shouldn't have been ON those rides. :2bat: Did I mention my EX is an idiot???? :rant:

I have a pair of crutches I can rent out real cheap <G> picture it...you hobble up on crutches....."s'cuse me...coming through.....crutches here.....~thwap~ :yawn: ...oh ! so sorry.....s'cuse me.....~Wack! :confused: ~.....coming through....Oh so sorry!!....~crunch!~ :rant:oh ! S'cuse me!

Hey, it could work <G>:angel1:

Twice in the last 8 years I've had women run into the back of my legs with their carts because they were in too big of a hurry to get to the big deals. One of those times I actually fell to my knees because she knocked my legs out from under me. Nobody even came over to see if I was OK and the woman didn't even apologize for it. Last year I had my 4 yr. old with me at Walmart and we were in line, just inside the door. They wouldn't let me get a cart to sit her in so she had to stand next to me. It was cold & wet out so everybody was cramming in as close as they could. My poor daughter was nearly squashed! I had to get away from the doorway and edge over towards the checkout lanes so there was some room to move. Once they gave the signal to go, it went into pure insanity and not a single employee was nearby to keep it under control. :(

About 7 years ago, I was at Mervyns trying to get a body pillow that was on sale. Some of them were a solid color and some of them had prints, obviously the prints were the most popular. There was a big crowd around the employee that was handing them out of boxes from the back and you couldn't pick the color you wanted, just take what she handed you. Well, when she handed me a cute one with a print another lady came over and started trying to rip it out of my hands. It was like a tug-a-war. The employee yelled at this lady and she finally let go. For gosh sakes, it was only a body pillow!

Debbie, now thats ridiculous! I know I would have said some choice words! I never push, pull, yell, or whatever. If I get it great. If I didn't, my kids didn't need it anyway! Not worth the hassle. (Its a trend for me, only once in the 4 yrs of BF shopping have I bought something for myself. Just the kids shopping day for christmas). Of course Im 5'10 and if someone wanted to have a tug a war, thats their stupidity! LOL

Elena 5-'10 ! I'm only 5'1 1/2 so I probably would've gone flyin' pillow and all. LOL I'm getting a mental picture of that! I try really really hard to be decent to people but I do have my limits. Last year I did have a woman going through my cart, she asked the lady with her if so-and-so would like this! I was like WTF EXCUSE ME, I had to jerk my cart away and got back what she had in her hands! They looked at each other like I was the one being rude. I think NOT! LOL All in all I have a great time and look forward to it each year.

I couldn't even count how many times people ask if I really want that particular color etc of the toy!! DUH, its in my cart. One year a father actually tried to get this one toy out of my cart. I turned my back for a sec to reach up and grab something else and this husband and wife were actually in my cart! Needless to say I got in back though. LOL.

Yes, 5'10 has its advantages. Im the most passive person you would want to meet, but the height is pure intimidation!!

Hey elena_398,

I too am 5'10" and I don't know about you but I usually wear a pair of boots with a bit of heel so I look to be about 6'. In addition to the intimidation factor I find it easier to grab the items from the tops shelves while others are scrambling for the lower shelves. I actually had my first black friday-ish experience when I was 12 trying to get a cabbage patch kid (yes I'm dating myself...does anyone else remember when people lined up for these things?) for my sister's birthday. A lady actually punched me to get a doll! But in the end I emerged with one.

Anyway,

Happy Shopping!

Tera in PA