Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Does the LEGO Shop have Black Friday deals?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

Black Friday is my Super Bowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 13, 2020 - 4:34 pm

I should know this, but... Does the Lego Store offer any Black Friday deals or am I better off doing double points weekend next week? I need to simplify all the shopping stops this year, so I'm thinking Lego sets are going to be key for me.
"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed." ~ E. Jean Carroll

#2 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 4:00 am

I'm not sure about the Lego store but if you do it at Target with the Red card you get 5% off and they have spend  50 on Legos and get a $10 gift card. Kohls has select  Legos in their Black Friday ad 30% off and you earn Kohls cash and possible rewards. MY DSIL wants the Mario ones for my nephew so we've been looking too,

#3 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 2,021 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 5:31 am

The lego store does have "Brick Friday", at least online. I have shopped it in the past, usually using points I have earned during double points. I can't remember what kind of deals they were though, but seems there is always a free exclusive.

I'm struggling to find something to buy next weekend, I bought my Christmas sets during the October double points event.

#4 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 2,021 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 6:52 am

I looked back in the archives, and looks like they usually have a free shipping deal, exclusive gift, and some different discounts.

This is displayed on their site now:
LEGO® Black Friday 2020 is coming 11/27-11/30.Find savings on selected sets, exclusive gifts and much more.

Don't miss Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday deals! Sign up for email now!

Guess they no longer call it Brick Friday.

#5 kellis4321  OFFLINE  

kellis4321

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 10:16 am

I need to know this as well! I was debating on buying something this coming weekend for the points or waiting to see what the next free thing will be! Right now they have if you spend over a certain amount you get a free exclusive. The Charles Dickens is pretty sweet when you spend 150. For me, this is not hard to do!!

#6 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 2,021 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 10:40 am

I know, I'm in the same boat. I usually like the black Friday exclusive better. But last year I apparently bought enough for both sales, and got the red build-a-brick. This year they have a teal build-a-brick, so I can't stop the collection now! I was saving a set to buy for this, but my husband got it for me for my birthday which was sweet, but messed with my plan!
I'm hoping they move a couple things from Out of Stock to Backorder before next weekend. I want the haunted house. I usually buy the new Technic car set for my son each year, and the Lamborghini is pretty sweet, but he never finished last year's due to moving back home for 4 months this year, so...

#7 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,027 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 12:14 pm

I was in my mall and there was a black friday sign in the window. I do not have a need for them just yet so I am a little out of the loop in this area. 

#8 kanaida03  OFFLINE  

kanaida03

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 3:46 pm

I was in my mall and there was a black friday sign in the window. I do not have a need for them just yet so I am a little out of the loop in this area.

5943a550d9dfdaa135c2c77e033c197d.jpg

2332ac2015dd77f0bcd0af9f4b136714.jpg

860725995c5ebc5084ee6cfdab0a213e.jpg

#9 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 2,021 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 3:53 pm

Thank you! Guess I'll make my purchases next weekend!
I wouldn't mind having that little tree, but my Lego store is over an hour away, so that's not worth it.

#10 BFgrl79  OFFLINE  

BFgrl79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 14, 2020 - 5:43 pm

That LEGO Colosseum that’s coming on the 27th has me drooling a bit! I don’t even know where I’d put it, but I need it in my life!

#11 bargaindvdshopper  OFFLINE  

bargaindvdshopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 15, 2020 - 9:15 pm

That LEGO Colosseum that’s coming on the 27th has me drooling a bit! I don’t even know where I’d put it, but I need it in my life!

There's also a special Gift With Purchase set for Colosseum orders that Black Friday Weekend only. It's a Roman Minifigure in a brick chariot, pulled by two brick built horses. Probably around 100 pieces or so, so not really large. But it should stack with Dicken's Book GWP and if you are in-store they should also give you the Christmas Tree Polybag as well.

The will also have some specials on sets that are marked down as well. These are usually sets that are scheduled to be retired, but it could be a surprise like the Disney Train that got discounted almost $100 last year for BF when it released not even a month earlier I believe it was.

Edited by bargaindvdshopper, Nov 15, 2020 - 9:15 pm.

#12 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,967 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2020 - 4:46 am

There's also a special Gift With Purchase set for Colosseum orders that Black Friday Weekend only. It's a Roman Minifigure in a brick chariot, pulled by two brick built horses. Probably around 100 pieces or so, so not really large. But it should stack with Dicken's Book GWP and if you are in-store they should also give you the Christmas Tree Polybag as well.

The will also have some specials on sets that are marked down as well. These are usually sets that are scheduled to be retired, but it could be a surprise like the Disney Train that got discounted almost $100 last year for BF when it released not even a month earlier I believe it was.

I got in on that train deal. I was going to get a deal on the Disney Castle, but it sold out (on another site) and LEGO has not had it in stock since. I was thinking about waiting a year on  the Colosseum, but that chariot sounds tempting. Last year I got two other great deals. I was able to get Betrayal at Cloud City for $240 ($100 off (similar to the train deal) and the UCS Millennium Falcon for $480 ($320 off). I can’t believe Amazon put that thing on sale like that. It sold out almost instantly. I got on the waitlist and I think it popped up on my phone about an hour later that I could purchase it. It was a miracle I looked at my phone at that time because once it pops, you only get 15 minutes to checkout. 

~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#13 BFgrl79  OFFLINE  

BFgrl79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 16, 2020 - 7:06 am

Thanks for the info! I’d love to get the chariot GWP to go with the Colosseum. That would be my first major Lego purchase, and while I’m not sure I should spend so much on Legos, I’m also not sure I’ll be able to stop myself lol. I thought the Dickens GWP might be gone by the time the 27th gets here, since it becomes available this coming VIP weekend. Do you think it’ll last ‘til the Colosseum release? It’s very cute, so I’d love to be able to stack that. Unfortunately my closest Lego store is pretty far away, so I won’t be able to get the in-store tree. It’s a shame because it’s really cute as well.

#14 kellis4321  OFFLINE  

kellis4321

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 16, 2020 - 8:49 am

I got in on that train deal. I was going to get a deal on the Disney Castle, but it sold out (on another site) and LEGO has not had it in stock since. I was thinking about waiting a year on  the Colosseum, but that chariot sounds tempting. Last year I got two other great deals. I was able to get Betrayal at Cloud City for $240 ($100 off (similar to the train deal) and the UCS Millennium Falcon for $480 ($320 off). I can’t believe Amazon put that thing on sale like that. It sold out almost instantly. I got on the waitlist and I think it popped up on my phone about an hour later that I could purchase it. It was a miracle I looked at my phone at that time because once it pops, you only get 15 minutes to checkout. 

I have the Disney Castle!!  It is awesome.  The store near me had some Disney Castle in the store just this past weekend - Opry Mills in Nashville, TN.

#15 bargaindvdshopper  OFFLINE  

bargaindvdshopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2020 - 10:10 pm

I had purchased the Disney Train within a few days of the surprise Black Friday sale and called Lego on Black Friday morning. It was a long wait on the phone but their phenomenal customer service refunded me the difference back in VIP points to compensate for the difference in price. Something they didn't have to do, but they have EXCELLENT customer service.

#16 bargaindvdshopper  OFFLINE  

bargaindvdshopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2020 - 10:14 pm

Thanks for the info! I’d love to get the chariot GWP to go with the Colosseum. That would be my first major Lego purchase, and while I’m not sure I should spend so much on Legos, I’m also not sure I’ll be able to stop myself lol. I thought the Dickens GWP might be gone by the time the 27th gets here, since it becomes available this coming VIP weekend. Do you think it’ll last ‘til the Colosseum release? It’s very cute, so I’d love to be able to stack that. Unfortunately my closest Lego store is pretty far away, so I won’t be able to get the in-store tree. It’s a shame because it’s really cute as well.

If you are not yet a VIP member make sure that you sign up online BEFORE the VIP weekend this weekend and Black Friday just to make sure there are no website issues. Lego's website is notorious for being slow and glitchy during high profile shopping times so it's best to get that in order first.

Holiday GWP's almost certainly will last next weekend as well even for online. They usually make a VERY large amount of these. Now given how 2020 has thrown us for loop and COVID has really caused tons of people to buy more online especially Lego, I guess it's all out of the window at this point, but I'd still suspect they have a lot of these available so you should have no trouble getting the Dickens set and the Chariot.

Also know they usually run another holiday GWP of a different set in December usually as well. This year it's rumored to be an Ice Skating Set - Set # 40416. These usually coincide with the last push before Christmas and have a similar price threshold to get them as Black Friday.

Edited by bargaindvdshopper, Nov 16, 2020 - 10:15 pm.

#17 BFgrl79  OFFLINE  

BFgrl79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 17, 2020 - 7:25 am

If you are not yet a VIP member make sure that you sign up online BEFORE the VIP weekend this weekend and Black Friday just to make sure there are no website issues. Lego's website is notorious for being slow and glitchy during high profile shopping times so it's best to get that in order first.

Holiday GWP's almost certainly will last next weekend as well even for online. They usually make a VERY large amount of these. Now given how 2020 has thrown us for loop and COVID has really caused tons of people to buy more online especially Lego, I guess it's all out of the window at this point, but I'd still suspect they have a lot of these available so you should have no trouble getting the Dickens set and the Chariot.

Also know they usually run another holiday GWP of a different set in December usually as well. This year it's rumored to be an Ice Skating Set - Set # 40416. These usually coincide with the last push before Christmas and have a similar price threshold to get them as Black Friday.

Thanks for the tip! I have signed up already for the VIP, so I’m good to go. Also, my closest LEGO store is just under 2 hours away, so I may go ahead and drive there on Black Friday. I called ahead and they’ll have the Colosseum built and on display so I can check it out in person. Plus I can maybe get that cute little tree as well!

#18 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,978 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 24, 2020 - 6:05 pm

My Daughter is patiently waiting to start work at the new Legoland opening near us.  She was hired in November 2019 to start in April 2020 but Covid put the stop to that.  Then was to start on 11/30 but again they are on hold due to cases rising.

#19 jroyster86  OFFLINE  

jroyster86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 25, 2020 - 4:51 am

I bought the Disney Castle this year from the ShopDisney website. I paid full price, but it should get a great reaction on Christmas morning! 

#20 Tara3117  OFFLINE  

Tara3117

Black Friday is my Super Bowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2020 - 6:36 am

My Daughter is patiently waiting to start work at the new Legoland opening near us.  She was hired in November 2019 to start in April 2020 but Covid put the stop to that.  Then was to start on 11/30 but again they are on hold due to cases rising.

Is that the one in New York? We cannot wait for that one to open! We're in Boston and my kids keep asking when it will be safe to visit Legoland again. They absolutely love it there!

"If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her eighteenth birthday, you can get out of bed." ~ E. Jean Carroll

#21 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

• 1,967 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2020 - 6:23 pm

Zavvi.com has The Disney Castle (71040) LEGO set for $289.99 with FREE Shipping. I missed this deal about a month or two ago and they have been sold out since. Great deal if you can get in. Use code: DISNEYBF

https://us.zavvi.com...0/12541535.html

12541535-2004765000070055.jpg

Edited by bpr, Nov 26, 2020 - 6:23 pm.

~Don't get cancelled!

#22 BFgrl79  OFFLINE  

BFgrl79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 26, 2020 - 9:52 pm

I wish there had been some kind of special Black Friday price on the Colosseum for its release. I’ve been dreaming of that thing and now that it’s finally available to order, my wallet just ran and hid under the couch at the sight of that price. :(

#23 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

• 1,967 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2020 - 10:49 pm

I wish there had been some kind of special Black Friday price on the Colosseum for its release. I’ve been dreaming of that thing and now that it’s finally available to order, my wallet just ran and hid under the couch at the sight of that price. :(

I bought it. Check out was maddening. I had some VIP points, but not really enough to put a dent in it. Worst part is, had my previous order shipped, I'd have another $20 in points. The good news is, I'll get $40 in points for buying it so $60 worth shortly. Now, what to spend it on...

~Don't get cancelled!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users