GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

14 of you haven't posted yet for December. I'll even include the list in case any of you are reading this:

beccasbank

biomajor

bodotdot

bribri25

budgetsRsexy

chachn8r

deelite

Iliveforblckfri

Jeanne515

laddhorn

len_mullen

littlefire04

redraccoon

stationchief

Let's not lose a bunch of people the first month like we normally do!

Not losing me!  Happy December!

• Like 2

Jeez Louise.......13 days away and I still have 3 things to buy.  All are small amount gift cards which means I have to go to each individual store so I can get one not preloaded with $10, etc........I tried so hard to finish up yesterday but it rained hard all day here and no way was I running all over town in that mess. 

Don't know when I will have Christmas with my family since I have to work a 12-hr shift on Christmas Day. I guess we shall figure it out. 

• Like 2

14 of you haven't posted yet for December. I'll even include the list in case any of you are reading this:

beccasbank

biomajor

bodotdot

bribri25

budgetsRsexy

chachn8r

deelite

Iliveforblckfri

Jeanne515

laddhorn

len_mullen

littlefire04

redraccoon

stationchief

Let's not lose a bunch of people the first month like we normally do!

That is a list of heavy hitters there.  It would be a shame to see them drop off this early if for no other reason, there may not be as much banter on the posts each month.

• Like 3

Worried about Len - it's not like him to go so long without posting. :( Hope all is well with him!

^this^

I recall I asked len to start a dehydrator thread in The Lounge, and he replied he would enjoy doing so, but it would have to wait as he had quite a few commitments he had to take care of. I don't know if that ties in to his prolonged absence, but maybe?

• Like 2

Worried about Len - it's not like him to go so long without posting. :( Hope all is well with him!

I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw him on the list. He is the techie guy and when I come on I ususally read his informative posts.

Hoping all is well.

• Like 2

Posting in a shirt
With no BF flair or flirt
Discharge to avert

Glad to see you are back! :)

Is everyone ready for Christmas? I'm still looking for 1 item, but thinking I might be out of luck. Merry Christmas GDers!

Ready for Christmas???  NO!  Good luck finding your last item, if we can help look for you let us know. :)

Glad to see you are back! 

Thank you.  Been out of the pocket a bit.  I bought fewer gifts this year and the ones I bought required little research or discussion.

I thought there would be discussion of the new consoles.  Other than how difficult they were to find, there wasn't.  I bought a couple televisions, but nothing expensive or bleeding edge -- nothing worthy of discussion.  Besides, with Pnambic AWOL, TV talk isn't the same.

I planned to spend more time in stores and I have.  Not what I expected, but I got what I wanted.  Generally, unpleasant.  I don't like masks.  I got the feeling CSA were hoping to limit their efforts to toting merchandise to the curb.  Just the same, I did not buy much from the online behemoths and I feel good about that...

• Staples (BenQ Home Theater TH685 DLP Projector)
  • Best Buy (Xbox Series X console, gamepassx2)
  • Sams Club (Legends Ultimate Arcade)
  • Walmart (55" TCL Roku TVx2)
  • Kohls (Kalorik 26-qt. Digital MAXX Air Fryer Toaster, meat slicer, Nutribullet, 2x4K Fire TV Sticks, UV sterilizer, roadside emergency kit, stocking stuffers)
  • Home Depot (Aria Air Fryer Toaster Oven)
  • Amazon (Xbox controller, gaming headset, rechargable batteries, stocking stuffers)
  • Wayfair (TV stand)
  • Harbor Freight (TV wall mounts)
Amazon got almost nothing from me this year.  And they earned it!  Late shipments, damaged deliveries, and meh prices defined Amazon in 2020.  I bought some parts for my snow blower from MTDParts.com because Amazon returned too many matches for the specific part numbers to sift through.  My subscribe and save queue is shrinking.  Won't renew my Prime membership once my college student loses his discount.

Walmart got $300 of my money, but that was for two 55" 4K televisions.  Not sure they got the best of the deal.  They should have won my Xbox sale, but their online store was so terrible, I abandoned 5% cash back for a certain sale at Best Buy.

I have a little more shopping to do.  Finally going to visit a Sam's Club next Wednesday on my way home from work.  

I cooked my first turkey for Thanksgiving.  It was amazing.  We're doing prime rib for Christmas.  It's just me and my two sons.  Very quiet and very nice.

Merry Christmas!
  • Like 6

So, I got my first Christmas present last week. All weekend I had severe sharp pains in my lower left side and trouble breathing which I thought was because of it. Late Sunday night couldn't take it anymore so was shipped off the the ER and after some tests they found out that not only was I passing a kidney stone (OUCH!) but I had covid pneumonia. Did a covid test and sure enough, Merry Christmas, you're positive for coronavirus.

I think the stone's pretty much gone now so I'm well enough to type at least. But I'm technically supposed to quarantine for 10-14 days for the covid. The test was "officially" done on the 14th so depending on how I feel it can expire by Christmas, but I really don't want to jeopardize everyone in my family, especially my parents who are in their 80's and will be there. The medicine they gave me ran out and I'm still feeling a little sick so I think it's gonna be a Zoom Christmas this year.

• Like 2

So, I got my first Christmas present last week. All weekend I had severe sharp pains in my lower left side and trouble breathing which I thought was because of it. Late Sunday night couldn't take it anymore so was shipped off the the ER and after some tests they found out that not only was I passing a kidney stone (OUCH!) but I had covid pneumonia. Did a covid test and sure enough, Merry Christmas, you're positive for coronavirus.

I think the stone's pretty much gone now so I'm well enough to type at least. But I'm technically supposed to quarantine for 10-14 days for the covid. The test was "officially" done on the 14th so depending on how I feel it can expire by Christmas, but I really don't want to jeopardize everyone in my family, especially my parents who are in their 80's and will be there. The medicine they gave me ran out and I'm still feeling a little sick so I think it's gonna be a Zoom Christmas this year.

That sucks man. Glad you’re on the mend though. I often wonder on the whole positive/negative thing with this. Though since it was positive I’m glad you didn’t have it badly.
  • Like 1

Merry Christmas (Eve) to you all!  Few of us actually know each other, but I like to think you are all my friends.  I'm feeling sappy today, so I'll stop before I say more than this: I love you all!

Stay Safe and be blessed.

• Like 4