GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Happy December! Got word today from the “powers that be” that our annual Christmas bonuses will still come this year. This wasn’t necessarily expected, given all the fallout from COVID. People ask why I’ve stayed with my company for so long (marked 20 years this year). This is one of many reasons why. Management understands how important it is that the people are taken care of. [emoji170]
  • Like 4

Wait are you saying having to watch my Detroit Lions on thanksgiving isn’t good football?

Oh wait it’s not. [emoji23]

If this was 1997, I would be totally pumped to see the Lions.  I did feel bad as it seemed like tradition watching them play on Thanksgiving, but this year has really made me not care as much about sports in general, so I haven't watched a lot.  But since I knew the Chiefs vs. Bucs game would be a good game it was decided that having dinner and watching that would be a good idea.  Hopefully next year Kansas City can play on Thanksgiving, that would be a tradition I could get behind. Then again I would probably be more open to watching the Lions if the had a different head coach, I just never cared for Matt Patricia.

• Like 1

Up early, as I have my first substitute gig in a school since March. I'm skeptical that the gig is actually scheduled; I signed up for it on the official site, but I usually receive a reminder email the week of, and that hasn't happened.

I'm showing up at the building at the scheduled time ready to work (mask on!) anyway. We'll see what happens.

• Like 3

If this was 1997, I would be totally pumped to see the Lions.  I did feel bad as it seemed like tradition watching them play on Thanksgiving, but this year has really made me not care as much about sports in general, so I haven't watched a lot.  But since I knew the Chiefs vs. Bucs game would be a good game it was decided that having dinner and watching that would be a good idea.  Hopefully next year Kansas City can play on Thanksgiving, that would be a tradition I could get behind. Then again I would probably be more open to watching the Lions if the had a different head coach, I just never cared for Matt Patricia.

Well like most of us Detroit Lions fans you now have your wish. He and the GM were fired on Saturday.

• Like 2

Well like most of us Detroit Lions fans you now have your wish. He and the GM were fired on Saturday.

A couple hours after posting that I was looking something up and noticed he was fired on Saturday.  Shows how much I've followed football this year.  Then again I was caught off-guard to see an NFL game on during a Wednesday afternoon too, but 2020 is a weird year.

A couple hours after posting that I was looking something up and noticed he was fired on Saturday.  Shows how much I've followed football this year.  Then again I was caught off-guard to see an NFL game on during a Wednesday afternoon too, but 2020 is a weird year.

To be honest the Thanksgiving day Lions game was the first one I even tried to watch all of this year. Well let's just say we ended up watching Christmas Chronicles 2 before the game was 3/4 of the way in.

• Like 1

Up early, as I have my first substitute gig in a school since March. I'm skeptical that the gig is actually scheduled; I signed up for it on the official site, but I usually receive a reminder email the week of, and that hasn't happened.

I'm showing up at the building at the scheduled time ready to work (mask on!) anyway. We'll see what happens.

How did it go?

I got the last thing I needed yesterday to finish my Christmas shopping, so I finally feel like I’m done! I still need to get some candy to put in the gift bags, but the major purchases are complete. Now to get out of bed and watch the new Mandalorian episode! :)

14 of you haven't posted yet for December. I'll even include the list in case any of you are reading this:

beccasbank
biomajor
bodotdot
bribri25
budgetsRsexy
chachn8r
deelite
Iliveforblckfri
Jeanne515
laddhorn
len_mullen
littlefire04
redraccoon
stationchief

Let's not lose a bunch of people the first month like we normally do!

• Like 4