GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Can someone explain how to return Amazon stuff to Kohl’s? Do you need to activate it through Amazon like mailing stuff back or do you just take it to Kohl’s?

You will need to start the return in your Amazon account. You will receive a QR code - you can access it either in your Amazon app or through your email - bring that QR code with you to Kohl's along with the item (You do not need to pack it up in a shipping box.)

They will scan the QR code and take the item... and give you a coupon to shop that day in Kohl's. You will then receive an email that your item was dropped off and the refund will be processed when they receive the item, although I've received it faster before.

This is the same process if you return at Whole Foods, FYI.

• Like 2

You will need to start the return in your Amazon account. You will receive a QR code - you can access it either in your Amazon app or through your email - bring that QR code with you to Kohl's along with the item (You do not need to pack it up in a shipping box.)

They will scan the QR code and take the item... and give you a coupon to shop that day in Kohl's. You will then receive an email that your item was dropped off and the refund will be processed when they receive the item, although I've received it faster before.

This is the same process if you return at Whole Foods, FYI.

Well, boo. Kohl’s return is never an option for me, just printing a mailing label. Probably because I’m 25 miles from the nearest Kohl’s.

Well, boo. Kohl’s return is never an option for me, just printing a mailing label. Probably because I’m 25 miles from the nearest Kohl’s.

If you're in town, I would just show up with the item and say, "I don't know what you need to to return this to amazon for me," and see if they can generate the return. It couldn't hurt to try, nu? Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 3

gallery-1432916551-291847e600000578-3099

The photographer never expected his photograph to have such an impact, but it's really taken off. And not just for the general public. In the interview, Glick revealed that Viviane Ruch, the wife of the soldier whose grave the bird was resting on, was especially touched. Not only was she shocked to see the eagle watching over her husband's grave, but she also told Glick that she and her husband used to photograph eagles together before he died.

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 7

gallery-1432916551-291847e600000578-3099

The photographer never expected his photograph to have such an impact, but it's really taken off. And not just for the general public. In the interview, Glick revealed that Viviane Ruch, the wife of the soldier whose grave the bird was resting on, was especially touched. Not only was she shocked to see the eagle watching over her husband's grave, but she also told Glick that she and her husband used to photograph eagles together before he died.

Powereful! Thank you for sharing this - gave me shivers!

I think I figured out why my thyroid medication doesn't seem to be making a difference. Our local Kiwannis had a health fair the beginning of this month and hubby and I had our blood drawn and different tests were run. I paid extra for a vitamin D test and was shocked at the results. My number was 10 and the normal range is 20-30! I'm going to check with my endocrinologist about taking vitamin D and see if he thinks I should continue with my thyroid meds (my numbers are off on my thyroid so I don't know if I will still take that medication also). I'm so ready to start feeling better, especially since I'm off work for the summer.

Before I say anything, I have to give my spiel about I am not a medical professional and anything I say should not be taken as medical advice. I am glad that you are going to discuss this with you doctor, please follow their advice as they know your case.

Having said that....take a deep breath and relax. Almost all of us, especially in a northern climate, are all low on vitamin D. You can take a supplement, but you must be careful and do it under a doctor's care because too much vitamin D can cause nasty problems like kidney stones. (And I have seen people come into the ER with vitamin D kidney stones and they were under a doctor's care....so be careful, everyone's body is different. Doctors can be taken off guard about what dose you need.)

The best way to get vitamin D is sunshine. Go out and take a walk or work in the garden or just sit in a sunny spot. 10 - 15 minutes a day a couple of times a week will do the trick. Some foods like salmon and tuna are also good sources of vitamin D.

Good luck!

• Like 5

I am ready for some summer weather, especially after a mostly cool and rainy Memorial day weekend.

I did get to see the air show at Jones Beach, Long Island that I go to almost every Memorial Day weekend, which was rescheduled to occur on Memorial Day for the first time (it is usually on Saturday and Sunday only).

And speaking of Memorial Day, I made plans and booked flights over the weekend to visit the beaches of Normandy in August, as part of a two week trip to Europe. 

Looking forward to a nice summer.

• Like 2

It is June.....I am not ready but grateful. My oldest DD graduates from High School and is going to college 9 hours a way. It has been tough to adjust to her decision the last few months but I knew sooner or later they would need to become adults. I am just not sure if I am ready to release her into this world. So much division and fear in the atmosphere clouds my mind but I forget that there is so much love out in the world as well. So many opportunities and new adventures that await her. So, as I wipe the tears from my eyes...happy June everyone. 

• Like 2

Hello June!

School ended for us last week, so today is our first day without teachers and students. I'm finishing up a few things from this school year, but I'm already transitioning into the 21/22 school year to start getting things ready for teachers to return in July, and students in August.

• Like 2

What a wonderful weekend we had here.  Record low highs over the whole weekend.  I’m sure it made for some chilly boating on the lakes and BBQ’s but it was perfect temperatures for me.  I’m on day 7 of an 11 day vacation and I’m already dreading going back to work Sunday.  I’ve accomplished one thing and only one thing on my “to-do” list but I don’t even care.  :)

• Like 4

Happy June! 

Our weather has been pretty chilly for the last week.  I am ready for summer and the water park!  Low temps didn't stop us from opening days this weekend but I didn't get in the water at all the first day. 

Our boys are finished with school for the year, summer camp starts next week.  DH and I are still working from home, but I am planning to start going in one or two days a week sometime in the next month.  One son wants to go to camp on the other end of town, so that's a 40 minute round trip every morning and afternoon - I'm trying to convince him to try a new camp that's right behind our house. :-/  Otherwise I may end up working in the office this summer (close to camp) and WFH when they go back to school in the fall. 

Roll on, summer!

It is June.....I am not ready but grateful. My oldest DD graduates from High School and is going to college 9 hours a way. It has been tough to adjust to her decision the last few months but I knew sooner or later they would need to become adults. I am just not sure if I am ready to release her into this world. So much division and fear in the atmosphere clouds my mind but I forget that there is so much love out in the world as well. So many opportunities and new adventures that await her. So, as I wipe the tears from my eyes...happy June everyone.

9 hours?! Oh yikes. Big hugs to you dad!

• Like 1