GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Someone shoot me. Shoot me now. I strongly disliked (putting it politely) N’Sync back in the day and still do, maybe more so now because of all the dang memes... [emoji37][emoji379] lol

That said, I find myself somewhat glad to say goodbye to April, as it ended on a down note. One of my best friends unexpectedly found herself having to say goodbye to her mom last weekend. Mom had been in hospital since just before my bday for testing to figure out some health issues (while significant, not initially considered life-threatening) and her medical team discovered cancer during the testing. She quickly declined and passed away Sunday (25th). Ouch. She was a wonderful lady and will be missed by many, myself included.

May brings my first trip on a plane since the “before times” - I head to CA with a few colleagues for work Monday for a few days. I’ve not been to San Francisco before and, while we won’t have much free time, I’m hoping to take a drive out somewhere to get a couple pictures of Golden Gate Bridge.

May also brings the return of fans, myself included, to NASCAR’s longest race, the Coca-Cola 600. Can. Not. Wait. Charlotte trip will be a bit different/shorter this year since they moved the All-Star Race to Texas but my crowd is looking forward to being back in our home away from home and spending some much needed time together. My cookie monsters are looking forward to their “special deliveries”, too. [emoji170]

Hope my GDer fam is well and that we all get some actual spring weather to stay, at least for a little while. [emoji38][emoji106]

• Like 2

Someone shoot me. Shoot me now. I strongly disliked (putting it politely) N’Sync back in the day and still do, maybe more so now because of all the dang memes... [emoji37][emoji379] lol

That said, I find myself somewhat glad to say goodbye to April, as it ended on a down note. One of my best friends unexpectedly found herself having to say goodbye to her mom last weekend. Mom had been in hospital since just before my bday for testing to figure out some health issues (while significant, not initially considered life-threatening) and her medical team discovered cancer during the testing. She quickly declined and passed away Sunday (25th). Ouch. She was a wonderful lady and will be missed by many, myself included.

May brings my first trip on a plane since the “before times” - I head to CA with a few colleagues for work Monday for a few days. I’ve not been to San Francisco before and, while we won’t have much free time, I’m hoping to take a drive out somewhere to get a couple pictures of Golden Gate Bridge.

May also brings the return of fans, myself included, to NASCAR’s longest race, the Coca-Cola 600. Can. Not. Wait. Charlotte trip will be a bit different/shorter this year since they moved the All-Star Race to Texas but my crowd is looking forward to being back in our home away from home and spending some much needed time together. My cookie monsters are looking forward to their “special deliveries”, too. [emoji170]

Hope my GDer fam is well and that we all get some actual spring weather to stay, at least for a little while. [emoji38][emoji106]

I spent a lot of time in that area for work. Lots of things to see and do if you have time. Awesome food also. Fisherman’s wharf was really cool. One year we will get back and do Alcatraz.

Happy May! My oldest will be 16 this month.... Where does time go?

Looking forward to next weekend, my new stove and microwave will finally be here :). I ordered back in February and have been counting the days for evenly cooked food, lol.

Hope everyone is doing great and powering through allergy and sinus season! Soon it will be June and the pollen dust will be gone!

• Like 2

May, lots of things going on!

My youngest turns 22, mother's day, anniversary, and the last day of school. Lots to do at work to get ready for that.

Oh, and we bought some living room furniture March 2 to replace what we bought in 1994! It should arrive Saturday after 9 weeks waiting, and I'm getting so nervous. I'm afraid I won't like it as well as what I have now.

Im.jealous though, mama bought some Thursday, and hers will also be delivered this Saturday! She hardly had to wait at all. (But she has ZERO patience with waiting for things, so that's good. In fact she doesn't know I bought furniture yet, so she wouldn't have to wait on mine!)

• Like 2

The good part about May is that hopefully snow is done, but now is tornado season.  At least I can open the windows for a while and get stuff done in storage.  Hopefully it won't be too warm this summer, but at least I might be able to get out a little more than I did last year.

• Like 1

Enjoy your trip to San Francisco (hint: call it by the full name, or The City, abbreviations are not appreciated) - there are some amazing restaurants I hope you will be able to try, even if it's a takeout version or outside dining version (indoor dining is open on a very limited basis.) Parking sucks in the visitor areas for the Golden Gate Bridge, so just don't go on a weekend (Fort Point kinda included.)

• Like 1

Kind of can't believe it's already May.  Allergies abound!  Both boys were home from school last week with allergy symptoms but are back to school today! 

April brought the end of spring hockey season and the beginning of soccer season for one kid. The other one told me last night he wants to be a 4 sport kid (hockey, lacrosse, football and BMX) but we'll see how long that lasts.  He was invited to join a AA hockey team for the summer and they just started practicing this weekend.

May is bringing: summer vacation planning, annual vet checkup for the dog, spring cleaning, yard cleanup (never-ending), lots of fishing, pool opening, still working from home full-time. 

Today is bringing: lots and lots of rain.  My poor lawnmower will need a hay-bailing attachment before it's all said and done!

I've been doing my part and shopping for Star Wars day! Got the R2-D2 lego set Friday night (fun times waiting til midnight and fighting with a slammed website!), pre-ordered the Droid stamp set Saturday (releases today), and ordered some new Star Wars Pyrex. Eyeing a new Ruggable Star Wars rug, they have 15% off today.
  • Like 1