GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Hey GDers! I've been away for a couple years, but know you all have missed me. I'm also accepting Welcome Back gifts! [emoji23][emoji23]

I know that feeling. For as less busy as this world has supposed to have made us, I seem to be busier than ever. Glad to come back and see some friendly folks still here.
  • Like 1

I lurk here frequently - especially when I'm hunting for a particular item and want to see if its on sale or anticipated to be on sale.  But I've never been good at posting every month.  

This shall be my one and only New Years resolution.  LMAO  I'm not likely to keep any the other ones anyway ... and at least I can set a reminder for this one.

Plus - I just love this site and I should participate more!

• Like 2

So I have been stressing over trying to get a prime rib roast for Christmas dinner (a tradition we have had for over 30 years). The only places that have pickup in my area are Walmart and a small town grocery store - neither of which has had prime rib (not that I would really WANT to get it at Walmart, anyway!) We have a butcher shop in the next town that has wonderful meat and had close to $200 in gift cards to the place that we were given last Christmas - BUT we are high risk and the cases of covid are blowing up - so we had no way to get a roast from them. Yesterday morning my son called and said he had to go to Staples in the next town and would be happy to pick one up if I could get one reserved. I was able to reserve one and he used our gift cards - BUT I freaked out when he came home with very little change! Instead of the $5.99 per pound that I catch them on sale for around here before Christmas (prior to covid) - it was $16.99 per pound!!!  I don't think I have ever had a roast cost over $110 before!!! Oh, well - I can relax now and know that at least our Christmas dinner will be "semi-normal" this year. ;)

Yeah. A main reason why standing rib roast is a special occasion treat, other than preparation, is it is usually a very expensive cut. Especially, if it is actually prime grade, and not the standard choice grade most standing rib roasts on sale at grocers tend to be.

However, if it is prime grade, you got an excellent price and it will be super tender.