Best Buy Black Friday Ad (11/22 to 11/28)

Brad

I am seriously TICKED!  I wanted to get the kitchenaid mixer... (I missed the sale at actual Kitchenaid)  According to the flyer the sale was supposed to start today.  So i went to the site and they are still listed as the regular price.   So I chatted with them and the help desk lady told me that the mixers would actually be going on sale on Thursday.. she says that somewhere in the fine print it tells you that but she didn't know where...????   they have VERY LIMITED stock and they will go on sale anytime from 12:01 (just after midnight on Wednesday Nov 25) through the entire day on Thanksgiving..  I just have to keep checking the site.  Wow, talk about playing games..   UGH...

I am seriously TICKED!  I wanted to get the kitchenaid mixer... (I missed the sale at actual Kitchenaid)  According to the flyer the sale was supposed to start today.  So i went to the site and they are still listed as the regular price.   So I chatted with them and the help desk lady told me that the mixers would actually be going on sale on Thursday.. she says that somewhere in the fine print it tells you that but she didn't know where...????   they have VERY LIMITED stock and they will go on sale anytime from 12:01 (just after midnight on Wednesday Nov 25) through the entire day on Thanksgiving..  I just have to keep checking the site.  Wow, talk about playing games..   UGH...

to be fair, page 1 of the ad does say it will be on sale Thursday.

That is fair and I did not see that..  and the person at the help desk said it was in the fine print and that she also didn't know it was there because it is hard to find. I missed it so MY BAD...  now I just gotta check the website all day waiting for them to post it.   I missed the old days of just standing in line..  lol.  

This is the first year I've gotten burned by these sales. The washer/dryer I wanted wasn't in the ad, so we bought it last week with the $100 gift card for purchasing two appliances. Then all of a sudden, they go on sale. So we call to price match, but they don't price match on items you haven't received yet and they don't price match during Thanksgiving week. My husband spoke to someone who got his "special team" on it and they said they could do it, so we didn't cancel the order. The set is delivered today. Now we get an email that they can't price match on a bundle (remember that $100 gift card). If they just put everything in the ad, we wouldn't have ordered it early! Argh!

This is the first year I've gotten burned by these sales. The washer/dryer I wanted wasn't in the ad, so we bought it last week with the $100 gift card for purchasing two appliances. Then all of a sudden, they go on sale. So we call to price match, but they don't price match on items you haven't received yet and they don't price match during Thanksgiving week. My husband spoke to someone who got his "special team" on it and they said they could do it, so we didn't cancel the order. The set is delivered today. Now we get an email that they can't price match on a bundle (remember that $100 gift card). If they just put everything in the ad, we wouldn't have ordered it early! Argh!

You call and tell them to come pick it up and you’ll shop elsewhere from now on?

No MAAM!!!!!!! Bless there hearts it wasnt me!!! The foolishness' these companies have. I would buy the discounted one and return the other for full credit. You get what you want and make them work twice as hard. I would have them install it and then uninstall it and then install the new one as well........Well in my mind. I know it is not the installers so I would give them a break but you get my drift. For companies hard up for money right now they should be doing everything possible to keep the customer happy...... Rant over.    Sorry this happen to you. 

You call and tell them to come pick it up and you’ll shop elsewhere from now on?

Thought about it. The price difference with the sale is about $300, so it would be worth the restocking fee. We would have cancelled the order on Friday if they hadn't told us they could price match. The down side was that we would end up in the end of the cue for installation. It's hard to get things in stock these days.

Thought about it. The price difference with the sale is about $300, so it would be worth the restocking fee. We would have cancelled the order on Friday if they hadn't told us they could price match. The down side was that we would end up in the end of the cue for installation. It's hard to get things in stock these days.

I wouldn’t allow them to charge you. They told you one thing and waited till they thought you couldn’t do anything about it to let you know they lied. I wouldn’t play those games.

Epilogue...

My husband called Monday night, waited on hold for almost an hour (protip: don't use the Google Assistant to wait for you because when he was told to join the call, Best Buy had hung up, so he had to call back and wait even longer). Anyway, he framed it as "What's your restocking fee on this washer/dryer set that was delivered today because I want to cancel the order if you can't price match?" The rep said, "No, that's not how this should work." She said we didn't even purchase a bundle (which is true since we upgraded the dryer) so that shouldn't even matter. We offered to give the gift card back if that meant we could have the savings and she said no, the gift card is still applicable to our order because it was over $1000. It took a bit of time and supervisor authorization because of the amount, but by the end of the call, we had emails for the credits and they just hit my credit card today. What a mess, but definitely worth it for $340 in credit!

• Like 5

Epilogue...

My husband called Monday night, waited on hold for almost an hour (protip: don't use the Google Assistant to wait for you because when he was told to join the call, Best Buy had hung up, so he had to call back and wait even longer). Anyway, he framed it as "What's your restocking fee on this washer/dryer set that was delivered today because I want to cancel the order if you can't price match?" The rep said, "No, that's not how this should work." She said we didn't even purchase a bundle (which is true since we upgraded the dryer) so that shouldn't even matter. We offered to give the gift card back if that meant we could have the savings and she said no, the gift card is still applicable to our order because it was over $1000. It took a bit of time and supervisor authorization because of the amount, but by the end of the call, we had emails for the credits and they just hit my credit card today. What a mess, but definitely worth it for $340 in credit!

glad to hear they finally did something for you

Epilogue...

YES!!!!! Common sense always wins

Any idea what time the Kitchenaid mixer will be available??  All say Thanksgiving Day?

Did you get the mixer???   I waited and everytime i looked it said sold out.  I talked with chat tonight (thanksgiving night) and they said they would come up "at some point" could be 12:01 midnight or anytime there after.. just keep checking.   IDK but this has been the worst year for me with sales and internet etc.  I can't seem to find or get anything...  I have been trying constantly to find one of these mixers. 

• Like 1

Did you get the mixer???   I waited and everytime i looked it said sold out.  I talked with chat tonight (thanksgiving night) and they said they would come up "at some point" could be 12:01 midnight or anytime there after.. just keep checking.   IDK but this has been the worst year for me with sales and internet etc.  I can't seem to find or get anything...  I have been trying constantly to find one of these mixers. 

I agree, since everyone is using it now it has been a mess. Then we have the companies and people using online bots to buy up stuff in seconds and the rest of us are sitting looking crazy.