Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

How much of your holiday shopping do you hope to complete on Black Friday?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 25, 2020 - 6:55 am

how much of your holiday shopping do you HOPE  to complete on black friday? 

what percent do you realistically complete on BF?

i also do shopping for the next years graduates. and normally hope to do 90% on black friday or close to it.. this year is an exception as we dont know what funding or what restrictions will be put on the party in june..

as for my own shopping i think i do 40% . i would like to get more done(maybe 90%) but no matter what i find more deals and things , and end up shopping till a day or 2 before the holiday .

#2 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,722 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 25, 2020 - 10:52 am

Honestly, I do very little of my gift shopping on BF.  Most of my shopping is done by then.  There is always something to buy on BF, but for me BF is about the experience.  My sister and daughter do a lot of their gift shopping that day, and I love spending the time with them going from store to store.

#3 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,974 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 25, 2020 - 6:27 pm

In past years I would have I’d complete more that 60%on BF but the last 2 years it’s been more like 30% This year I’m way ahead and might be done before Thanksgiving

#4 Kanyon71  ONLINE  

Kanyon71

• 3,140 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 25, 2020 - 7:12 pm

Hope to be about 80% done once BF ends.

#5 tracy0504  OFFLINE  

tracy0504

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Oct 25, 2020 - 8:50 pm

I usually do most of my shopping BF...this year with BF sales being a month long I still may complete the majority of my shopping by Thanksgiving...

#6 vern28  OFFLINE  

vern28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 3:46 am

I'm hoping to get 80% of my shopping done by the end of black friday. Usually I'd still have a lot to get done.
I'm hoping to get 80% of my shopping done by the end of black friday. Usually I'd still have a lot to get done.

#7 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 64,630 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 4:05 am

Hoping to have most of it finished up this week - then Black Friday will be stuff for the house or me that I won't panic over if it doesn't make it in time for Christmas. IMHO shipping times are going to be SLOW!

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#8 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 2,070 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 4:30 am

I usually get about 75% of my shopping done during Thanksgiving week. Most of that is done before Friday though. Then December is stocking stuffers and a few last minute stragglers, and gift cards and such. I would like to stay with that same schedule this year, I like getting it done in one week. Plus getting it close together like that, it's easier for me to remember instead of stretching out over a longer time. But that can only happen if my crew let's me know what they want. So far there have been no ideas.

#9 berry1014  ONLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 4:36 am

In the past I would have gotten at least 50% of my shopping done on BF. Last year it was even less then that and I am sure this year it will be even less. Taking advantage of some sales now and will keeping an eye on the sales over the next month. 

#10 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,137 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 7:00 am

Im hoping for about 80% completed by BF. I would love to be completely done but that is not how it usually works out for me. 

#11 mjbateman  OFFLINE  

mjbateman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 5:56 pm

My goal is to be completely done on Black Friday, but there is always someone that I will forget even with a list. :runaway:

#12 ilikefree  OFFLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 28, 2020 - 10:23 am

I have a good start on mine already. Hoping to get most of it done on Black Friday.

#13 lucyismycat  OFFLINE  

lucyismycat

Hockey Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 28, 2020 - 11:13 am

We've got two consoles coming, so that mostly takes care of the little ones.  DH is getting a new thermostat (already delivered, new HVAC system being installed starting tomorrow). 

Usually, Black Friday shopping is just for stuff I "need" around the house, or little gifts for the boys.  This is the most gift shopping I've ever done before Thanksgiving!  

#14 Jeanne515  ONLINE  

Jeanne515

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 28, 2020 - 11:23 am

I have a huge dent in mine already.  I hope to be done before BF this year.  I will still shop online that day but no stress of getting the must  haves.

#15 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,935 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 28, 2020 - 8:42 pm

If my wife had her way, Black Friday would be Christmas.

#16 starbeck96  OFFLINE  

starbeck96

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 29, 2020 - 4:28 pm

Normally about 75% of my shopping is done on Black Friday.  This year has been tight financially, so I probably will have to buy more than usual in the few weeks after Black Friday.  Normally I finish my shopping on BF.

#17 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Oct 30, 2020 - 6:58 pm

I’ve been buying some here and there but hoping to get the majority of it done on or before Black Friday.

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#18 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,137 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 31, 2020 - 7:18 am

The way the sales ads are coming out with weekly sales I might get finish after all, well if my DD's give me a list I could be more certain. 

#19 playacet  OFFLINE  

playacet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 2, 2020 - 7:05 pm

I'm always fearful of finishing my shopping so early out of fear someone else will need to be added to the list SMH  :no:.  I'm trying to find a happy medium between not shopping down to the last minute and maybe having my list/shopping (and gifts) wrapped up by about a week before Christmas  :crossfing

#20 lilwywy  OFFLINE  

lilwywy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 4, 2020 - 11:25 am

I try to at least have half of my shopping done.

#21 cllehto  ONLINE  

cllehto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Nov 8, 2020 - 8:34 am

I will probably have most of my shopping done before Black Friday this year. From the ads I have seen so far, the better deals are coming early this year. I have seen more things I want on the beginning of the month pre Black Friday ads than on the actual Black Friday ads. I think stores are trying to put out a lot of their merchandise at Black Friday prices early to capture the most consumer buying before other stores. That's good in a way. It allows for shipping time which articles say may be slower this year due to most people shopping online. It also allows people to spread out their buying. I'm sure that will be helpful for all the people out of work who are trying to fit a few presents in for their kids while stretching unemployment payments. But Black Friday seems different this year.

I feel sorry for elderly people (and others) who do not have computers and can not shop online. They have to go in the stores to shop. They are already at risk for Covid-19. They should have early shopping hours for them like some of the grocery stores do...even if they did not offer the door buster deals that early.

#22 Danascraps  OFFLINE  

Danascraps

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 8, 2020 - 3:41 pm

I'm hoping to get most of it done... just don't know what will happen in the stores in December.  Might be back on lock-down at this rate!

#23 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Nov 17, 2020 - 4:44 pm

A few weeks ago I wanted to go to stores on BF. After seeing ads, and co vid getting much worse, I’m gonna order online in my jammies n watch Christmas movies. Lol

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#24 starbeck96  OFFLINE  

starbeck96

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 17, 2020 - 7:43 pm

I have already replied once, but now that BF is closer, I have completed about 40% of my Christmas shopping through the earlier sales.  I hope to get at least another 45-50% done through the BF sales.

Edited by starbeck96, Nov 17, 2020 - 7:45 pm.

#25 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 4:45 am

I always hope to be 100% done with my shopping by the end of BF weekend but I never manage to pull that off in the past. With covid case counts in my area and my governors threatened response I REALLY need to actually pull that off this year. I may not have the opportunity to go shopping in December as it’s not considered essential.

#26 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• 1,305 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 5:02 am

I’m hoping to finish this weekend. That may be just gift cards but still hoping to get done. I feel another shutdown/lockdown (partial or full) is on our horizon in my state very soon. Toilet paper is already in very very very short supply again here.

#27 berry1014  ONLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 6:19 am

Well this year very little will be done on the actual Black Friday. We have been taking advantage of the ealy sales that we are about 75% done now. Do plan on making a trip to walmart and Target for a few things on BF but thats it. 

#28 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,493 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 6:28 am

I’m about 60% done. The BF ads don’t contain anything left in my list so I won’t be completely done until later in December at this rate.

#29 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 2,137 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 6:45 am

Well this year very little will be done on the actual Black Friday. We have been taking advantage of the ealy sales that we are about 75% done now. Do plan on making a trip to walmart and Target for a few things on BF but thats it. 

I slept on some of the early deals thinking there would be some better stuff or a refresh of stock in BF and I think it is going to cost me this year. I picked up a few things but had I just bought up some stuff I would be almost done. SMH

#30 mommy2twingles  ONLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 18, 2020 - 7:45 am

I am almost done but would like to finish completely by Cyber Monday. One of the hold outside is shoes for my dad as the size has been out of stock for weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users