Post a Recipe & Win Mystery Shirt Prize Packs [Winners Posted]

Brad

This has been a popular contest over the years so we'll bring it back :)

How to enter: reply to this thread and post a one or more recipes for your favorite holiday foods. Whether it's Christmas cookies, stuffing for Thanksgiving, a Halloween treat or anything else you'd like, share the recipe with everyone here.

Hopefully it's something you've made every year that you love, or if you are "baking-challenged", find a recipe that sounds good and post that one. Feel free to tell everyone why it's so good and/or include pics to make everyone hungry.

Entries will be accepted until 11pm ET on Saturday, October 31st. At that point I'll randomly select 5 winners from all eligible entries and you will each win a Mystery Shirt Prize Pack!

Limit of one prize pack per member but if you win you are still welcome to enter future contests for fun.

For more info on the Mystery Shirt Prize Packs we're giving away this year, see this thread.

Good luck to everyone!

mysteryboxes.jpg

Also for anyone looking for more recipes to make this year, here are some of the recipe contest threads we've done in the past:

2009: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/101740-post-a-recipe-win-gottadealcom-black-friday-survival-kits-winners-chosen

2010: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/119822-post-a-holiday-recipe-win-gd-reusable-grocery-bags-winners-posted/

2011: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/151783-contest-post-a-recipe-win-a-black-friday-t-shirt-winners-posted/

2017: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/278035-post-a-recipe-win-black-friday-t-shirts-winners-posted/

• Like 1

Eggnog

Ingredients

• 6 large egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ground cinnamon (for topping)

Instructions

• Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium bowl until light and creamy.
  • In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the cream, milk, nutmeg and salt. Stir often until mixture reaches a bare simmer. 
  • Add a big spoonful of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Repeat, adding a big spoonful at a time, to temper the eggs. 
  • Once most of the hot milk has been added to the eggs, pour the mixture back into the saucepan on the stove. 
  • Whisk constantly for just a few minutes, until the mixture is just slightly thickened (or until it reaches about 160 degrees F on a thermometer). It will thicken more as it cools.
  • Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
  • Pour the eggnog into a pitcher or other container and cover with plastic wrap. 
  • Refrigerate until chilled. It will thicken as it cools. If you want a thinner, completely smooth consistency, you can add the entire mixture to a blender with 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk and blend until smooth.
  • Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and fresh whipped cream, if desired.
  • Store homemade eggnog in the fridge for up to one week.

Nutrition
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 246mg | Sodium: 58mg | Potassium: 155mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 960IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 0.5mg

• Like 2

Candy Cane Cookies

1 cup sugar

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon peppermint extract

1 egg

3 1/2cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon red food color

2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candy canes

2 tablespoons sugar

Pre heat oven to 375F

Stir together 1 cup sugar, the butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir food color into 1 half.

Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.

Stir together peppermint candy canes and 2 tablespoon sugar; set aside.

For each candy cane, shape 1 rounded teaspoon dough from each half into 4-inch rope by rolling back and forth on floured surface. Place 1 red and white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane.

Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until set and very light brown. Immediately sprinkle candy mixture over cookies.

Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

• Like 1

instead of the reg. mashed potatoes.. these taste GREAT....

actually i had some friends who had farmers food boxes and a ton of sour cream, potatoes and onions .. so i had them try this.. and i am now making it myself on thanks giving after tasting theirs

INSTRUCTIONS  

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Place cut potatoes into a large pot and fill with water so that it is just covering potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to a boil.
  • Once boiling, add 1 tbsp of the salt and continue to boil until potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp of the butter. Add onion and garlic then cook, stirring, until the onions are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
  • When potatoes are tender, strain and let steam escape a the colander for about 5 minutes, allowing excess water to drain [this prevents the potatoes from not tasting watery].
  • Place potatoes in a large bowl and add the sour cream, white vinegar, chicken broth, pepper, 1/4 cup of the chives, and 2 tbsp of butter.
  • Using a potato masher, mash until potatoes are your desired consistency. [For this recipe, I prefer mine a little lumpy.]
  • Once mashed, stir in the onion mixture with black pepper and 2 tsp of kosher salt.
  • Add the potatoes into an oven-safe dish and sprinkle with cheese.
  • Place into the oven, uncovered until cheese is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.

INGREDIENTS  

• 3 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut
  • 1 tbsp + 2 tsp kosher salt
  • 4 tbsp salted butter
  • 2 cups yellow onion, thinly sliced (or one medium onion)
  • cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp white vinegar
  • 1 cup low-fat sour cream
  • 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth,( i use a boulion cube)
  • 1/2 tsp freshly cracked pepper
  • 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese
Edited by stevierocks

This is the most versatile cookie recipe ever...you can add chopped nuts or whatever flavor chips also. Add sprinkles, sugar or edible glitter to the tops to match your chosen holiday.

Frosted Bonbons (Cookie Exchange Quantity)

Servings

Bonbons

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

2/3 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 package (7- or 8-oz size) almond paste

Vanilla Bonbon Frosting

1 cup powdered sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Chocolate Bonbon Frosting

1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled

1 cup powdered sugar

2 tablespoons milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Steps

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat all bonbon ingredients except almond paste with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until dough forms.

Cut almond paste into 1/4-inch slices; cut each slice into fourths. Shape 1-inch ball of dough around each piece of almond paste. Gently roll to form ball. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and bottom is golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

For vanilla frosting, in small bowl, stir all Vanilla Bonbon Frosting ingredients until smooth.

For chocolate frosting, in small bowl, stir all Chocolate Bonbon Frosting ingredients until smooth. If necessary, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until soft enough to spread.

Dip tops of cookies into frostings and sprinkle with decors as desired.

• Like 2

Peanut Brittle

* 1 C. sugar

* 1/2 stick butter

* 1/2 C. white corn syrup

* Pinch salt

* 1 C. raw peanuts

* 1 t. baking soda

* Butter large cookie sheet pan or use Silpat/silicone baking mat

* Mix sugar, syrup, butter and salt. Cook and stir on medium heat until it spins a thread.

* Add peanuts. Stir until golden brown.

* Remove from heat and add baking soda. Stir well (will foam).

* Pour on sheet pan. Spread thin. Use spatula and fork and pull from center to make thin.

• Like 1

Apple Cranberry Rosemary Stuffing

Best stuffing I have ever eaten; I always get compliments.

Ingredients

10 cups (16 oz) hearty white sandwich bread cubes* (about 1/2-inch cubes)

1/2 cup salted butter, diced into 1 tbsp pieces

2 cups diced celery

1 1/3 cups chopped yellow onion

Salt

2 large Braeburn apples (1 lb), cored and chopped

1 cup dried cranberries

4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided

1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1/2 tsp dried sage

2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, as needed

Instructions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Transfer bread cubes to two rimmed baking sheets and spread into an even layer. 

Place both sheets on two opposite oven racks (set near center) of preheated oven and allow to dry through, tossing bread cubes and rotating baking sheets to opposite racks once halfway through baking, about 30 minutes total. 

Remove from oven and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onion, season lightly with salt and saute until softened, about 10 - 13 minutes. 

Add in apples and saute until they begin to break down and soften slightly, about 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from heat, toss in cranberries, 3 Tbsp parsley, rosemary, thyme and sage.

Pour dried bread cubes in an extra large mixing bowl. Pour apple mixture over bread cubes, season lightly with salt to taste then evenly pour in 1 cup of the chicken broth and gently toss mixture. 

Slowly pour in more broth as needed (and gently toss) until bread has nearly soaked entirely through**.

Spray a 13 by 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour bread mixture into baking dish and gently spread into an even layer. 

Cover baking dish with foil and bake in preheated oven 15 minutes then uncover and bake until warmed through and top is golden brown, about 15 - 25 minutes longer. Serve warm sprinkled with remaining 1 Tbsp parsley.

TIPS:

Be sure to saute your veggies until they are softened because they won’t soften much more in the oven.

I have dried out my own bread and used store bought dried cubes. I definately prefer the bread dried out by myself.

• Like 1

This is a recipe for Butterbeer fudge, which I was able to try last month at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando. This is not my recipe but figured you guys might want to make some of your own to try! I loved the fudge myself and I hope you will too! 

BUTTERBEER FUDGE
yield:  64

prep time:  10 minutes

cook time:  5 minutes

additional time:  1 hour
total time:  1 hour 15 minutes

INGREDIENTS BOTTOM LAYER
  • 3 cups butterscotch chips
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 tsp rum extract
  • 1/2 tsp butter extract
TOP LAYER
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
  • 2 tbls butter
  • 1/2 of a 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla                                                                                                                                           

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Prepare a 9x9 inch pan with wax paper or tin foil.
  2. In a large microwave safe bowl combine butterscotch chips and butter. Heat in microwave for one minute and stir until smooth. Continue to heat in 15 second bursts if needed. Stir in milk, powdered sugar and extracts. 
  3. Pour mixture into prepared pan and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to start to set up.
  4. Meanwhile, in a separate microwave safe bowl combine the white chocolate chips and butter. Heat in microwave for one minute and stir until smooth. Continue to heat in 15 second bursts if needed. Stir in milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla. 
  5. Let cool slightly and then pour gently over the top of the first layer. Place in the refrigerator to finish setting up.
  6. Cut into 64 bite sized pieces.                                                                                                             
  • Like 3

We traditionally serve this on Christmas Eve - its amazing comfort food!

New Mexico Posole   (stew)

Ingredients

1 ½ pounds dried hominy (posole), soaked overnight in cold water

Red Chile Recipe  (*see below)

2 pounds fresh pork belly, cut into 11/2 inch cubes

2 pounds pork shoulder, not too lean, cut in 2-inch chunks

Salt and pepper

2 cloves garlic (chopped) (approximately 1/4 cup)

2 cups finely diced white onion

Preparation

Soak posole for 24 hours.

Transfer to large soup pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Let simmer briskly for 1 hour. Season pork belly and pork shoulder generously with salt and pepper.

After posole has cooked 1 hour, add pork shoulder, pork belly, onion, bay leaf, garlic, and cumin.

enough water to cover by 2 inches, then return to a brisk simmer.

While adding water occasionally and tasting broth for salt, simmer for about 2 1/2 hours more, until meat is tender and hominy grains have softened and burst.

Skim fat from surface of broth.

Stir in 1-2 cups red chile and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.

Serve with fresh tortillas and lime wedges.

NM Red Chile (sauce)

Ingredients

20 Dried Hot or X-Hot New Mexico Red Chile Pods

3 Tablespoons Manteca (Lard or Bacon Grease)

1/4 Cup Garlic (chopped finely)

2 Tablespoons Flour

1 Tablespoon Salt

3 Cups Water

Instructions

Remove all stems and seed from chile pods (leaving them will make chile taste bitter)

Submerge red chile pods, then boil till they become soft.

Strain water from red chile pods(some people like to use this water later in the process)

Heat lard in large skillet on a high temperature

Put softened red chile pods into hot grease

Add garlic and flour

Turn ingredients in skillet until flour has browned

Transfer to blender, add salt, then blend on high setting for about 5 minutes

Strain through sifter to remove any large pieces that didn’t blend and transfer to large pot

Simmer at medium-low temp for 20-30 minutes

Serve as a side or use to season your favorite New Mexican food!

• Like 1

I have made this for 37 years, 2x a year Thanksgiving and Christmas

122701980_2506194036345398_2605757131889748215_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=7A1_shaI4PoAX8dW5Jl&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=6abd415701cc0cbcf7c2bc42c3f12dc7&oe=5FBDBAEA

37 years of making this cookie recipe

122448281_710709342869882_2536512040773618687_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=fZgX7gF5Qf8AX-YMgRn&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=461130dd335748197c188b78b5e8e01a&oe=5FBA32A5

-------------------------

Something easy peasy Christmas Morning

2 cans of Cinnamon rolls quartered, 1 can apple pie filling, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans mixed together in a bowl. Pour in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Cinnamon roll icing for the topping when it comes out of the oven.. Bake at 350 for 45

-------------------------

Easiest cake in the world they will fight over

STRAWBERRIES & CREAM POKE CAKE
1 15.25 oz boxed white cake mix

3/4 cup boiling water
3 oz strawberry Jell-O
1/2 cup cold water

How to Make the Whipped Cream Frosting
8 oz whipped topping
8 oz vanilla frosting {I like the whipped white frosting for this recipe}
1 tsp almond extract
16 oz strawberries for topping

Instructions
Bake the cake as directed on the back of the box for a 9 × 13 pan. {To improve the taste of the boxed cake mix, I replace the milk with water and add an extra egg - or white. 'egg in this case!}
Let the cake cool for 20 minutes and “prick” the cake with a large fork. I space my shots about 1/2? apart, covering the entire surface of the cake.
Stir boiling water and Jell-O in a bowl until Jell-O is completely dissolved. Pour in the cold water and keep stirring, then pour over the cake.
Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about three hours.
Combine Cool-Whip and frosting, stirring gently. Add the almond extract. Spread over the top of the cake.

Wash, core and dice / dice the strawberries. (You can even use a strawberry slicer if you like!) Layer them on top of the cream just before serving. Store the cake in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
recipe and photo from: butterwithasideofbread.com

Edited by Brad
  • Like 1

I made this every year for our work potlucks for thanksgiving. Not this year :( It is so delicious! You can make it with chocolate pudding instead of pumpkin too but pumpkin makes it really taste like the holidays.

Pumpkin Twinkie Dessert

INGREDIENTS

1 package (15 ozs) Hostess Twinkies (10 Twinkies)

1 package (8 ozs) cream cheese, softened

1 cup confectioners' sugar

1 container (8 ozs) frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed, divided

2 packages (3.4 ozs ea) instant vanilla pudding

1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin

1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1 cup milk

additional pumpkin pie spice

PREPARATION

Slice twinkies in half lengthwise and place cream-side up, in single layer in 9×13-inch baking dish.

Using a mixer, blend together cream cheese, confectioners’sugar and ½ of whipped topping until smooth.

Spread evenly over Twinkies.

Combine pudding mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and milk.

Whisk until well blended and layer over cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pumpkin.

Lightly sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.

Refrigerate several hours or until set.

• Like 3

Since I will be making and freezing mine this weekend... Simple recipe, but so good...

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

2 bags fresh cranberries

1 jar orange marmalade

3/4 Cups brown sugar (or to your taste)

3/4 to 1 Cup water

*Place all ingredients in sauce pan and stir in high heat for 15 mins.

*Once cranberries start to pop, reduce heat and cook an additional 10-15 mins.

Let cool completely, freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.

• Like 3

Pistachio Salad

1 can crushed pineapple

1 container cool whip

1 small package instant pistachio pudding mix

Mix all 3 ingredients together. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Some people like to add marshmallows.

Such a simple yet delicious recipe!! I’ve had to start making a dairy free version for my daughter. Instead of regular cool whip, I use coco whip.

• Like 1

BBQ Sloppy Joes

1 1/2 ground beef 

1 onion chopped 

3 TBSP vinegar

1 tsp mustard

1/2 cup ketchup

3 Tbsp. sugar

1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

salt and popper to taste

Cook onions and ground beef, drain off grease. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Simmer 30 to 40 minutes.

• Like 1

A Chr-stmas morning favorite, both in my home and apparently among GottaDealers since I originally shared it back in 2005.

Creme Brulee French Toast

Serves 6-8

2 TBS corn syrup (light or dark)

1/2 Cup butter (stick)

1 Cup brown sugar, packed

1 Loaf French or white bread, thickly sliced - with the crust removed.

5 Eggs

1-1/2 Cups half & half

1 tsp vanilla

1 tsp Grand Marnier or orange baking liqueur, 70% alcohol (optional)

1/4 tsp salt

In a small saucepan combine the syrup, butter and brown sugar; simmer until syrupy. Pour this mixture into a 9" x 13" baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Set aside.

Slice the loaf into thick slices, and place the syrup in the baking pan. Place the bread on top of the syrup.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, vanilla, Grand Marnier and salt. Pour evenly over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, leave the casserole at room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake at 350ºF uncovered, for 45 minutes. Cut into squares and serve immediately.

Serve with maple syrup and butter. (Can be reheated)

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 2

We just did this over a backyard fire the other night, but it was amazing! A great change to a traditional s'more.

S'macos

Ingredients

• 6 inch flour tortillas
  • Peanut butter, or nutella spread
  • Mini marshmallows
  • Chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Prepare the fire.
  2. Add a very thin layer of spread to a tortilla.
  3. Sprinkle a few marshmallows and chocolate chips onto the tortilla.
  4. Fold it in half, wrap in aluminum foil and grill for 1 minute, flipping after 30 seconds (I used a grilling basket to hold it over the fire)
  5. Let cool.
  6. Enjoy!
  • Like 2

Chocolate Crinkles

20201027040224x250x250.jpg

Ingredients

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups white sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup confectioners' sugar

Instructions

Step 1

In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.

Step 2

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball in confectioners' sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.

Step 3

Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.

Makes about 72 cookies.

• Like 4

Chocolate Mint Dreams

Chocolate-Mint-Dreams_EXPS_SDDJ17_21929_

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
  • 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  •  
  • Icing:
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
  • 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
  •  
  • DRIZZLE:
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon shortening

Directions

• Preheat oven to 375°. Cream together butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in cooled chocolate and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in chocolate chips. (Dough will be soft.)
  • Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets
  • Bake until firm, 5-7 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
  • For icing, mix butter, confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. If desired, tint green with food coloring. Spoon icing onto cookies.
  • In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over tops.
Edited by lis415529
  • Like 1

I'm not that great of a cook, so I looked for a recipe that I would like to try one day and found this one:

EGGNOG COOKIES

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup eggnog
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 large egg white, lightly beaten
    Colored sugar
    Vanilla frosting, optional

Directions

Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
    On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Using floured 3-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.
    Bake at 350° until edges are lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Cool on wire racks. If desired, decorate with frosting.

I forgot how many it made, I thought it said 5 dozen or so, but I could be off.  I haven't baked anything in a while and if I had my Twinkie Cake recipe on hand I would have posted that instead, its about the only thing I make somewhat decent.

• Like 3

Cranberry Pecan Cookies

Total Time

Prep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch

Makes

3-1/2 dozen

Ingredients

• 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 2/3 cup white baking chips
  • 2/3 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

• Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cookie dough, pecans, chips, cranberries and vanilla. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
  • Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.

Nutrition Facts

1 cookie: 87 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.

Cranberry-Pecan-Cookies_EXPS_HCCBZ18_373

Edited by qtpie
  • Like 1

This one is easy and delicious and smells so good cooking up...  I add much more food coloring than the recipe calls for to really make them look like a creamsicle. 

Orange Dreamsicle Cookies

1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 tsp orange extract

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 egg

5 drops yellow food color

2 drops red food color

1 1/2 cups white vanilla baking chips

1. Heat oven to 350.  In a small bowl, whisk egg, food coloring, vanilla, and orange extract.  In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar cookie mix until well blended.  Mix in egg and food coloring mixture.  Once soft dough has formed, stir in baking chips.

2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough with 1 1/2 tablespoon-size cookie scoop or by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

3. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or just until dough is set (do not overbake).  Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.  Cool completely.

379e5d13-5d61-455b-9c60-073b09cc192b.jpg

• Like 3

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

INGREDIENTS

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 egg, beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons milk

about 30-40 miniature Reese's butter cups, unwrapped

INSTRUCTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.

Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls and place each into a greased mini muffin tin (or use paper liners).

Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Do not overbake! Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and carefully remove from pan.

I am going to post two simple dessert recipes:

Three ingredient peanut butter cookies

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

Mix together, form into balls, and use fork to flatten.  I will add that I like to add a little vanilla flavoring to mine, but it is not necessary.  Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes, sometimes it takes a little longer depending on how big you make your cookies.

Caramel Pie

You need:

a graham cracker crust (or you can make your own)

two cans sweetened condensed milk (it doesn't matter what brand)

a tub of coolwhip (I usually only use about 1/2 the tub)

For this you are going to use your crockpot.  Put aluminum foil in the bottom of your crockpot.  I usually make sure my piece of foil covers at least half the sides as well.  Do not skip this step.  If you don't use aluminum foil, it will rust up your crockpot.  Take paper off cans of sweetened condensed milk.  Place in crockpot.  Pour enough water into crockpot to cover cans and have about 2 extra inches of water past cans.  I usually just fill mine nearly to the top (you do want to leave a little room at the top so it doesn't spill over as it bubbles).  Then cook for 9-10 hours on low (this allows it to be a little more firm).  Take the cans out with tongs and place in cold water and allow to cool completely.  Do not open while it is hot.  Once cooled, pour into the graham cracker crust and spread out.  Then top with Cool whip if desired.  I have made these and left off the Cool whip.  This is extremely sweet, but delicious.  

• Like 1

Something my children beg for and I only make at Christmas

Buckeyes

1 lb box powdered sugar

1 stick( 1/2 cup) butter softened

1 18 oz jar Peanut Butter( I ONLY use JIFF)

2 bags chocolate chips/ or white chips (melted)

Mix PB and butter till smooth and light, then slowly add P. sugar till all combined ( I use a hand or stand mixer, it gets a little stiff). Roll into balls place on parchment lined cookie sheet and put in

freezer for at least 1 hour. Remove from freezer and dip in your choice of chocolate using a toothpick. Place dipped balls back on lined cookie sheet and freeze till chocolate is set.. Remove from

sheet and store in fridge or freezer till needed.  I tend to make these using a small cookie scoop for amount ,then rolling for shape.

Hint :  if you want them to last find a good hiding place or threaten severe consequences otherwise they wont last long.. this has been my experience.

ENJOY

Edited by bossy1
  • Like 1

KETO Pecan Pie

Ingredients

Filling:

• 1 recipe Almond Flour Crust 
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup Swerve Brown 
  • 1/2 cup Bocha Sweet
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla Extract or maple extract
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups pecan halves

Instructions

1. Prepare the pie crust according to the directions and bake at 325F for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing the filling.

2. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the two sweeteners, stirring until the sweeteners have dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract and salt.

3. Make sure the syrup isn't too hot and then whisk in the eggs. 

4. Place the pecans in the cooled crust and pour the filling overtop. Return to the oven and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is mostly set but the middle still jiggles slightly when shaken. 

5. Note: If the crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie with aluminum foil, shiny side up, about halfway through the baking time. Let cool completely before serving. 

Edited by setlok73
  • Like 1

Christmas Crack (Seriously Addictive, my kids ask for this year round)

40 saltine crackers

2 sticks of butter (1 cup)

1 cup packed brown sugar

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 

(Note: Nestle/Toll House chocolate chips do not work in this recipe)

1/2 cup holiday sprinkles or 1/2 cup sliced almonds

cooking spray

Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Place the crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet.

Place the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.

Pour the brown sugar mixture over the crackers and spread with a spatula to coat.

Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until bubbling.

Remove the pan from the oven and immediately scatter the chocolate chips over the top. Place the pan back in the oven for another 2-3 minutes to melt the chocolate. Spread the chocolate evenly over the top.

Place the sprinkles on top of the chocolate. Let the toffee sit until completely cool, either at room temperature or you can refrigerate.

Cut into pieces and try not to eat the whole tray :)

• Like 4

I make this for pretty much any occasion haha.  I'll be making it to snack on while dinner is cooking.  It's so quick, easy and yummy!

3-Ingredient Cream Cheese Sausage Dip Ingredients:
  • 1 pound sausage , such as Jimmy Dean
  • 1 (10-oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained ( I use Mild)
  • 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, cut into pieces ( I use 2 packages)
Instructions:
  • In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain. Add Rotel and cream cheese to skillet. Stir until cheese melts.
  • Serve warm with tortilla chips.
  • Like 1

Pumpkin Pie Cake

1 white cake mix (set aside 1 cup)

Step 1:

Remainder of cake mix               2 Tbsp flour

1/2 C. melted margarine             1 egg

Mix well press into 9x13 greased pan

Step 2:

1 lb. 14 oz. can of pumpkin          2/3 C. milk

2 beaten eggs                               2tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/3 C brown sugar

Mix, pour over cake batter

Step 3:

1 C. cake mix                                 1/4 C sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon                              1/4 C margarine

Cut into crumb mixture and sprinkle over cake

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.  Let stand at least 2 hours before adding topping.

Topping:

1 small package vanilla instant pudding

1 C. milk

whip until thick.  Add 1 container cool whip.  Add to top just before serving.

Classic fall favorite to start off the holidays.

Pumpkin Bread

3 cups sugar

1 cup oil

4 eggs

2/3 cups water

2 cups pumpkin

1 cup nuts (optional)

3 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

Beat together sugar, oil, eggs, water & pumpkin. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg,then slowly stir into the other ingredients.

Blend until smooth. Add nuts if desired.

Bake in 2 loaf pans or 3 if using foil pans.

Bake at 350° for 2 hour.

post-191510-0-51831200-1604157547_thumb.jpeg

Edited by joymm58
  • Like 1