Post a Recipe & Win Mystery Shirt Prize Packs [Winners Posted]

Brad

Orange Salad

1 pkg. Orange Jello

1 pkg. Tapioca Pudding

1 pkg. Instant Vanilla Pudding

1 Can Mandarin Oranges

1 8 oz Tub of Cool Whip

Put Orange Jello, Tapioca and Vanilla Pudding in a cooking pan and add 2 cups of water. Cook until thickens. Cool and add can of drained mandarin oranges and cool whip.

post-174868-0-53749200-1604070869_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

We cook this all the time.  It is a big hit and easily made.  It is still just as good the next day, too.  You can add whatever meats you prefer, but we have decided we prefer just bacon.  If you don't thaw the hash browns, the casserole will come out soggy.  Still perfectly edible though!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/amish-breakfast-casserole/

Amish Breakfast

Ingredients
  • 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
  • 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
  • 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1-1/2 cups 4% cottage cheese
  • 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
  • Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Test Kitchen tips
  • Create a pretty burst of color and fresh flavor by adding a pinch of minced herbs to the egg mixture. Thyme and parsley are perfect candidates; try 1 teaspoon fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried.
  • Cottage cheese is surprisingly versatile and almost disappears into this dish when baked.
  • Assemble a day in advance, and bake just before serving.
Nutrition Facts 1 piece: 273 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.

**Not sure why it won't post my pic!
Edited by laddhorn
  • Like 1

Christmas Reindeer Cupcakes

Cute reindeer cupcakes for Christmas that the kids will absolutely adore. These cupcakes are great anytime of year, however, simply skip the reindeer decorating! You can get the kids to help you decorate for loads of family fun.

Prep:

1 hr

Cook:

18 mins

Additional:

1 hr 5 mins

Total:

2 hrs 23 mins

Servings:

Yield:

12 cupcakes

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=300&h=300&url

Ingredients

Cupcakes:

• 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • ¾ cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ½ cups sifted self-rising flour
  • ½ cup milk

Frosting:

• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 drop brown food coloring

Decoration:

• 6 vanilla wafer cookies (such as Nilla®)
  • 12 red jelly beans
  • 24 candy eyeballs
  • 24 chewy chocolate-flavored candy (such as Tootsie Roll®)
  • 24 pretzels

Directions

Instructions Checklist

• Step 1

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.

• Step 2

Combine 9 tablespoons butter, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat until well combined. Fold in half the flour and 1/4 cup milk and stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.

• Step 3

Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.

• Step 4

Remove tin from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack before decorating, about 1 hour.

• Step 5

Combine confections' sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, and 1 tablespoon milk in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Thin frosting with a little milk or water, if necessary. Add food coloring and stir until frosting is uniformly brown. Add more food coloring, 1 drop at a time, until frosting is the color you like.

• Step 6

Spread a thin layer of frosting on top of each cupcake. Break vanilla cookies in half. Place a cookie half on each cupcake as a mouth. Use a bit of frosting to "glue" a jelly bean onto the cookie for Rudolph's red nose. Stick 2 candy eyeballs into each cupcake. Break off a piece from each pretzel so they look like antlers and stick 2 into the top of each cupcakes. Shape chewy candies into ears and stick 2 into the sides of each cupcake.

Cook's Notes:

Instead of brown-colored icing for the reindeer cupcakes, use chocolate buttercream icing, which will be naturally brown.

Tips

You could color the frosting any color, such as red, blue, or green, and then use white ready-rolled fondant icing to cut out Christmas-inspired shapes to stick on top of the cupcakes. Try stars, Christmas trees, holly leaves, etc. Silver dragees also make a festive addition to sprinkle on top.

• Like 1

I am going to post two simple dessert recipes:

Three ingredient peanut butter cookies

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg

Mix together, form into balls, and use fork to flatten.  I will add that I like to add a little vanilla flavoring to mine, but it is not necessary.  Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes, sometimes it takes a little longer depending on how big you make your cookies.

Caramel Pie

You need:

a graham cracker crust (or you can make your own)

two cans sweetened condensed milk (it doesn't matter what brand)

a tub of coolwhip (I usually only use about 1/2 the tub)

For this you are going to use your crockpot.  Put aluminum foil in the bottom of your crockpot.  I usually make sure my piece of foil covers at least half the sides as well.  Do not skip this step.  If you don't use aluminum foil, it will rust up your crockpot.  Take paper off cans of sweetened condensed milk.  Place in crockpot.  Pour enough water into crockpot to cover cans and have about 2 extra inches of water past cans.  I usually just fill mine nearly to the top (you do want to leave a little room at the top so it doesn't spill over as it bubbles).  Then cook for 9-10 hours on low (this allows it to be a little more firm).  Take the cans out with tongs and place in cold water and allow to cool completely.  Do not open while it is hot.  Once cooled, pour into the graham cracker crust and spread out.  Then top with Cool whip if desired.  I have made these and left off the Cool whip.  This is extremely sweet, but delicious.  

Oh man! I need to try that pie!  I love making caramel out of sweetened condensed milk!  I can (and have) eaten it straight out of the can!  :)

• Like 1

Cornmeal cookies

1 1/2 sticks of butter
3/4 c. of sugar
1 egg

1 c. flour

1 c. cornmeal

1 t. baking powder

1/4 t. salt

1 t. vanilla

Mix butter and sugar. Add egg and beat well. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.

Drop from a teaspoon or small scoop onto a baking sheet.

Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.

Also works well in a cookie press.

Option - 2 t. Lemon extract