Best gift you've ever received?

Brad

Way too many to list so I'll share last years. My DS and DIL  sent me a calendar  last year with pictures of the grandkids (they do this every year) but on the last page of the 2020 calendar was an ultrasound picture of the newest grandbaby!! Now if only I could get to Wisconsin to hold her!!

• Like 5

My first thought was my mother's ring that I got a few years ago. I had been asking for one for years, so I was excited to finally get it.

I think, though, that the best gift I ever got was my playhouse my daddy built me when I was a little girl.  He built it in our den (converted 2 car garage), so they had the den blocked off and I couldn't get in there for a couple months then had to take it apart to get it outside after the big reveal.  It looked like a little gingerbread house. It was yellow, with brown trim. I'm not good at guestimating these things, but I'd say the floor space was probably 8x10. Real windows, Real door. My friends and I got a LOT of use out of that playhouse, plumb up to sleeping out there well into our teens. And then my kids and nieces and nephews got a lot of play time out there too before it was relegated to storage and ultimately had to be torn down.

• Like 6

Original Atari system back in the 80’s.  We asked for it but wasn’t expecting to find it under the tree.  I knew my parents weren’t rich by any means and worked doubly hard to give us most of what we asked for every year.   I’ll never forget opening that box up because I knew what sacrifices must have been made to buy it for us.  

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

my best was when i was 13 . and got some water drop desk top thing from my dad. my parents were always together (and are still to this day) but my mom always did the buying and gift preparing. this was actually a gift my dad actually bought and WRAPPED (yikes lol) ad gave to me ... thats what made it special.. i still have it...

or... the kids gave me a box.. in the box were pieces of a wing written on. each one had a clue of who it was from.. and each child wrote 5 different ones. we played a game where i had t guess who wrote each one.. mannnn it was tough . but fun .

• Like 2

My best Christmas present (although it was a few weeks early) was my marriage. :)  Here we are nearly 24 years later and still at it. 

Does it count if I bought it myself?  Last year my dad gave all of us 100.00 each.  So I used my money to get an Instant Pot and a Pioneer Woman set of knives.  Those have been the best gifts ever..lol.  

• Like 2

My best Christmas present (although it was a few weeks early) was my marriage. :)  Here we are nearly 24 years later and still at it. 

Does it count if I bought it myself?  Last year my dad gave all of us 100.00 each.  So I used my money to get an Instant Pot and a Pioneer Woman set of knives.  Those have been the best gifts ever..lol.  

I love my instapot. I am looking at the combo one this year with the air fryer built in it. 

• Like 1

Back in 2012 I dealt with some sudden health issues that put me in and out of the hospital for several months. My Grandmother gave me a Teddy Bear that sings "I've had a Bad Day" and a coffee mug that says something similar for Christmas that year. She has since passed on and I still consider those my favorite gifts because she was the one person that understood me and what I was dealing with.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have two favorite gifts:

The first was 15 years ago.  The first grown up gift from my nephew.  He gave us a wooden elephant.  What made it special was that he had seen an elephant figuring at our house years earlier and remembered that we collected elephants (We didn't, the elephant he saw had been from a previous owner of our house.). The thought was awesome.

The second was from my assistant eight years ago.  One day she asked me about green being my favorite color.  I let her know that my favorite color was blue.  I wore a lot of green because I bought my sweatshirts from a second hand store and more people give up green than blue.  The next day we exchanged gifts.  She gave me a blue beaded star that had each of the beads sewn together.  She let me know that originally she had a made me a green one.  She went home after our conversation and finished the blue star.  I don't know if I have ever felt so touched.

• Like 1

One year when I was a kid we went to Midnight Mass (because I was singing in the choir), we got home and opened some presents. I received an Atari 2600 and a couple games. I hooked it up while everyone else went to bed. I must've played until late into the night because in the morning everyone was ready for breakfast, I was fast asleep. As an adult, maybe my Sirius radio w/lifetime subscription.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this question since I first saw it posted. When we were kids my dad worked while Mom stayed home and raised us kids so we didn't have a lot of money, but we never went without. I know there had to be a lot of sacrificing on Mom's part (thinking back now, I don't really recall her having many new clothes, or anything for herself for that matter) because whatever was on top of our Christmas list we usually got, plus several other things on our lists. The one thing that really stands out is my 10 speed bike. We had opened all our gifts that year and we needed batteries for one of the toys so they told us to go get them. For some reason they kept them in the utility room and when my sister and I walked in there, there were the bikes. Of course, we just had to take them outside to try them. Never mind the fact that it was December in Ohio!

• Like 4