Favorite Holiday Movies

Kanyon71

I watched Jingle Jangle on Netflix tonight.  It was an ok movie. I think maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it though because it never really grabbed me.  I am all about singing and dancing, so I'm pretty sure it was just me.

I watched Jingle Jangle on Netflix tonight.  It was an ok movie. I think maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it though because it never really grabbed me.  I am all about singing and dancing, so I'm pretty sure it was just me.

Wow...I hope it is good because I have built up this magnificent movie in my head. My DD's wanted to wait and watch it Thanksgiving night so I have been on pins and needles. 

I just "discovered" a new old movie. They've been playing it on a local station this month. It's called "It Happened On Fifth Avenue". It was nominated for an Oscar but it lost to Miracle On 34th Street that year. It takes place during the holiday season but reflects the issues of the day, with GI's returning home and affordable housing shortages. (Like we don't know anything about that today. ) I recommend it if you like older holiday movies.

It Happened on Fifth Avenue is one of my accidental finds and it has become one of my favs to watch as well as Miracle on 34th St...
  • Like 1