Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Favorite Holiday Movies

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,974 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 29, 2020 - 10:39 am

Since the season is starting to kick off I figured I would see who likes what movies. We have already been watching some of our favorites.

ELF - We watched it last week

A Christmas Story - I watch it MULTIPLE times during the year

Grinch - We watch all the versions

Christmas Vacation - We are working up to be Griswald worthy in our decorations.

There are many other we watch every year.

#2 Bopeep  ONLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 29, 2020 - 11:22 am

I'm in the minority on A Christmas Story. I've never cared for it.

I like It's a Wonderful Life, and I'll watch it if it's on and I'm not doing anything else, but it's not a must for me.

My absolute must watch movies every year are White Christmas and Holiday Inn.  I watch those while I wrap presents (unfortunately, the wrapping takes longer than the movies, LOL).   

Of course, I also love Miracle on 34th St (either version), Grinch, The Santa Clause (all of them), all the old animateds (Rudolph, Frosty, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, etc), and so many more!  :)

#3 kimpooh19  OFFLINE  

kimpooh19

• 642 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 29, 2020 - 12:04 pm

Haha.  Kanyon, I have never seen any of those besides The Grinch.  We love Polar Express, The Santa Claus movies, and any of the old animated cartoons.  

I :heart: someone with Eosinophilic Esophagitis!

#4 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 59,426 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 29, 2020 - 12:05 pm

I'm in the minority on A Christmas Story. I've never cared for it.

OMG - I am always afraid to say it - but I do not care for it at all!

However - #1 - Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, It's a Wonderful Life, the original Miracle on 34th Street, How The Grinch Stole Christmas (original animated and the one with Jim Carrey), and so many more are SOOOOOOOOOOOO Good that I watch them ALL year! :)

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#5 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,974 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 29, 2020 - 12:20 pm

Nothing wrong with not liking it. I also like Jingle All The Way lol

#6 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,446 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 29, 2020 - 12:27 pm

My favorites are Elf and the Santa Clause movies.

#7 Suzy Crampton  OFFLINE  

Suzy Crampton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 29, 2020 - 2:38 pm

It Happened on Fifth Avenue, White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation & Miracle on 34th Street.

Suzy Chapstick:)

#8 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,908 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 30, 2020 - 6:33 am

I know it doesnt really count but Die Hard is a Christmas movie. I love Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2 ( not the other ones that much ), Jingle all the way, Miracle on 34th St, Its a wonderful life, Scrooge, Arthur Christmas, Christmas Miracle, Christmas Chronicles, The Holiday Calendar....etc    I could go on, but can you tell I love Christmas

#9 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,974 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 30, 2020 - 10:59 am

I know it doesnt really count but Die Hard is a Christmas movie. I love Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2 ( not the other ones that much ), Jingle all the way, Miracle on 34th St, Its a wonderful life, Scrooge, Arthur Christmas, Christmas Miracle, Christmas Chronicles, The Holiday Calendar....etc I could go on, but can you tell I love Christmas

I read Christmas Chronicles 2 will be out in November. :)

#10 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,908 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 1, 2020 - 5:31 am

I read Christmas Chronicles 2 will be out in November. :)

That would be awesome. My problem is that everyone wants m to wait and watch it as a family but they take to long to find the time. I can watch it 5 times before their ready to sit down. There is also a new one called the Jingle Jangle that I am looking forward to watching 

#11 Bopeep  ONLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,631 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2020 - 7:42 am

That would be awesome. My problem is that everyone wants m to wait and watch it as a family but they take to long to find the time. I can watch it 5 times before their ready to sit down. There is also a new one called the Jingle Jangle that I am looking forward to watching 

Is Jingle Jangle a Netflix movie also?  I'll have to look that up.

Dolly Parton has a new one coming to Netflix this year as well.  I think it's called Christmas on the Square. Something like that.

#12 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,974 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 1, 2020 - 7:57 am

I just saw the Jingle Jangle listing on Netflix but there was no image or Description. I looked at CC2 and it's released on Nov 25th.

#13 Bopeep  ONLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,631 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 1, 2020 - 9:22 am

I googled Jingle Jangle. Looks like it will premier November 13.  I was hoping for a trailer, but from the article I read, it sounds like a good one!

#14 packratfamily  OFFLINE  

packratfamily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 1, 2020 - 10:27 am

My favorite is Home Alone! Always make me laugh.

Also Last Holiday is nice.

But the Griswolds makes the short list too.

#15 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,908 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 5, 2020 - 5:29 am

Is Jingle Jangle a Netflix movie also?  I'll have to look that up.

Dolly Parton has a new one coming to Netflix this year as well.  I think it's called Christmas on the Square. Something like that.

Yes it is coming to Netflix this year. I have not seen anything on the Dolly Parton one so I will have to get it added to my list. 

I googled Jingle Jangle. Looks like it will premier November 13.  I was hoping for a trailer, but from the article I read, it sounds like a good one!

Yes, I could not find a trailer but the write up really made me smile. I cant wait

I just saw the Jingle Jangle listing on Netflix but there was no image or Description. I looked at CC2 and it's released on Nov 25th.

It has Phylicia Rashad and Forrest Whitaker. I think they released a trailer this weekend. 

#16 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,974 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 5, 2020 - 6:24 am

Yes it is coming to Netflix this year. I have not seen anything on the Dolly Parton one so I will have to get it added to my list.

Yes, I could not find a trailer but the write up really made me smile. I cant wait

It has Phylicia Rashad and Forrest Whitaker. I think they released a trailer this weekend.

I will have to look again and check it out.

#17 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 19, 2020 - 7:17 am

I accidentally found a christmas movie about a fire fighter .. the 9 lives of christmas. being the mom of 2 volunteer fire fighters this is likely my new one.. but i have not watched it yet. saving it for friday 

#18 ilikefree  OFFLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Oct 19, 2020 - 12:01 pm

I love Elf, Christmas Vacation and a lesser known movie, A House Without a Christmas Tree. I watch A Christmas Story & Home Alone every year too, but not really  favorites.

#19 Yorkiegirl1  OFFLINE  

Yorkiegirl1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Oct 20, 2020 - 7:11 pm

I love Xmas movies and watch pretty much all of them but my most favorite are..  Rudolph, Nestor the long eared Christmas Donkey (always makes me cry), Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Carol (the one with George C Scott).  It's ironic that I always pick these four..  One reminds me of traditional Christmas when I was a kid. The next reminds me of my Christian faith and what Christmas is about, the next always makes me laugh (as I love to decorate and have a huge tree) and the last reminds me to be thankful for my family and the things that really matter. 

#20 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 20, 2020 - 7:58 pm

there was a list of hallmark movies somewhere? it was a photo of them .. now i wish i screen shot it..

#21 Bopeep  ONLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,631 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 21, 2020 - 6:28 am

there was a list of hallmark movies somewhere? it was a photo of them .. now i wish i screen shot it..

It's in this thread:

http://forums.gottad...ies-and-others/

#22 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 21, 2020 - 3:28 pm

It's in this thread:

http://forums.gottad...ies-and-others/

thank YOU!!!!!

#23 tyreejames  ONLINE  

tyreejames

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 21, 2020 - 4:20 pm

My must watch every holiday season:

A Christmas Story
Home Alone 1 & 2
Charlie Brown Christmas
This Christmas
Elf
The Best Man Holiday (definite tear jerker)

Not necessarily a holiday movie but we always watched it on Thanksgiving and it reminds me of times with my deceased sister: The Wiz. This move was the kick off to the holiday season for me and I couldn’t bare to watch it last year but I plan on trying this year

#24 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,908 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 22, 2020 - 6:23 am

My must watch every holiday season:

A Christmas Story
Home Alone 1 & 2
Charlie Brown Christmas
This Christmas
Elf
The Best Man Holiday (definite tear jerker)

Not necessarily a holiday movie but we always watched it on Thanksgiving and it reminds me of times with my deceased sister: The Wiz. This move was the kick off to the holiday season for me and I couldn’t bare to watch it last year but I plan on trying this year

I love This Christmas.....sadly to say I have never seen Best Man Holiday. 

#25 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 22, 2020 - 4:21 pm

I love This Christmas.....sadly to say I have never seen Best Man Holiday. 

i never have seen this christmas or best man holiday.. but will watch both tonight :)

#26 Blueredzone  OFFLINE  

Blueredzone

• PipPipPip
  • 4 Posts
  • Member since 2020

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 4:40 pm

Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Cranks, Elf, Polar Express, and the first Santa Clause. Christmas Vacation starts our Holidays when we put up the tree and the last movie we watch on Christmas Eve.

#27 tyreejames  ONLINE  

tyreejames

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 5:40 pm

Christmas Vacation, Christmas with the Cranks, Elf, Polar Express, and the first Santa Clause. Christmas Vacation starts our Holidays when we put up the tree and the last movie we watch on Christmas Eve.

I watched Christmas with The Kranks yesterday in between Halloween and Halloween 4 I like the movie but really enjoyed the book!

#28 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,953 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 26, 2020 - 9:42 pm

All time favorite is the older version of Miracle on 34th Street but I will gladly watch any Christmas movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users