Secret Santa 2020 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

LOL. We had bad weather here last weekend. Could not go anywhere. I had mom writing Thanksgiving cards to her sisters and I did the gottadeal Christmas cards. If the weather was nicer, ya'll would still be waiting....

I recieved my card from you today, thank you very much, no win on the lotto ticket.

Yes thank you to you and your mom for the card and the lotto tix. I actually won and now have to figure out how to cash it in

Hey! Good for you! Assuming that you did not win some huge amount (I don't need the tax liability), if you mail it back to me, I'll cash it and send it back to you.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2

Santa Came!!  

I've never been one to wait, but I think I will this year.  At least until after Thanksgiving.  Maybe I'll open them after I finish decorating this weekend.  Or maybe I'll go in there and open them now!  Who can tell? :)  

Either way, thank you Santa!  I will post pictures whenever I do open the gifts.

• Like 3

Mom's box came last evening I think. We found it at 6:30 am when I was getting mom up and ready to go to physical therapy. Mom very surprised and happy.

No return address but there is a tracking number ...

You there in Connecticut.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 8

Mom's box came last evening I think. We found it at 6:30 am when I was getting mom up and ready to go to physical therapy. Mom very surprised and happy.

No return address but there is a tracking number ...

You there in Connecticut. Thank you very much. Everything is wrapped so pretty and ribboned too! Mom was too tired after PT and she didn't want to open them this morning. (She did ask me several times to open one for her this afternoon though. She has no will power! Of course I said no.)

Mom did open her card though. What a wonderful present! Secret Santa had a tree planted in her name. Mom loves the idea and was very happy. You have to tell us which state/national forest it was planted in because mom is now talking about visiting her tree.

Mom's 90th birthday is this Friday. And she has no will power. I have a feeling she will wait until after her birthday, and then go after her presents.

Thanks again. Just having a package arrive brightened her day. Receiving a tree also made her day. (And she has her first Christmas card hung up on the wall -marked Connecticut!)

Happy Birthday....If I remember correctly she loves snack cakes - so I hope she had some in her box. 

Happy Birthday....If I remember correctly she loves snack cakes - so I hope she had some in her box.

Thank you. And yes she does! Coffee cakes, doughnuts, canolli, Twinkies.....If it is a baked good, then look out! It's hers!

Mom has an aide now, because of two broken bones this year. Her aide still can't get over how many snack items mom eats everyday...and never gains a pound!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Eat up! For tomorrow we shop!

Cat litter -- here I come!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 1

I hope everyone had a joyous Thanksgiving, and a productive Black Friday!  

This is your reminder that Monday is the shipping deadline for Secret Santa and Ornament Exchange.  If you are not going to be able to ship by Monday, please let me know.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

I don't know about anybody else, but I had only one store I was interested in going to this morning....PetSmart for cat litter. (Got all the other items online.). It kinda made me feel like the good old days when you feel like you actually did something good when you scored that coveted doorbuster!

I was shocked! After years of PetSmart having pallets full of tidycat for shoppers they had limited supplies of just about everything that was on sale. I tried to order my cat litter for curbside pick up, but the website wouldn't let me get 8. I thought it was because it was Black Friday and I thought "Oh well. I will face the crowds and go in and get them." Well phoney! I got there and the reason I could not order 8 was because they did not even have 8! I ended up with 6 with 3 different strength options. There were 2 others there getting cat litter too so I felt good about 6! There was only 1 holiday cat scratcher and I snagged that. Got the buy 2 get one free cat treats but did not get my first choice of flavors.

Who'd of ever thought that at 7 am on a Black Friday that I would have to move quick just to score cat litter! I am glad I was out early today. Shesh!

I hope you all did better.

• Like 1

For any one interested....mom is having a snack free for all that started yesterday (her birthday).

So far today she has eaten a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips, some cheddar Ritz crisps, a packet of mini muffins, a piece of Carmel apple coffee cake, 2 hoho's, a small bowl of lasagna soup (when I insisted she eat something with protein) and she is now on her third (of twelve) Ferro Rocher. (I gave her two 12 packs yesterday. She ate 1 Pack yesterday.)

Mom's response to my inquiry if she has room for lunch......"Shut up. It's my birthday and I'll eat what I want!"

She ate her fourth and is opening her fifth Ferro Rocher while I typed this......

Anyone have any experience with a 90 year old on a sugar high???

• Like 8

For any one interested....mom is having a snack free for all that started yesterday (her birthday).

So far today she has eaten a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips, some cheddar Ritz crisps, a packet of mini muffins, a piece of Carmel apple coffee cake, 2 hoho's, a small bowl of lasagna soup (when I insisted she eat something with protein) and she is now on her third (of twelve) Ferro Rocher. (I gave her two 12 packs yesterday. She ate 1 Pack yesterday.)

Mom's response to my inquiry if she has room for lunch......"Shut up. It's my birthday and I'll eat what I want!"

She ate her fourth and is opening her fifth Ferro Rocher while I typed this......

LMBO!!!!  You’re mom and I would get along famously I think.  Snacking is my jam!  

Happy Birthday Reinholt’s Mom!  

To my beautiful SS- I just wanted to say I got my goodies- ive not opened yet as I’m wanting to wait...till the end of the day. I know I won’t last much. Lol I’m like a kid when it comes to presents. I got my box. It’s heavy, thank you so absolutely much. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you- I want to cry. Because this year has been really hard for me. I won’t go into details but this gift brings happiness to me. Thank you so absolutely much. I will post pictures once I open it.

❤️

• Like 6

Mom loves the birthday greetings! Especially gator Pam's graphic! She is laughing and said "They all must have a lot of time on their hands to come up with silly things like this!"

BTW .... All 12 frerro rocher are LONG gone!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 5

Your mom is great. Happy belated birthday Momma!!

• Like 1