Secret Santa 2020 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

Mom just opened another package.....I managed a quick shot as she ripped off the paper. Potato chips! Mom is very happy! Another favorite that I totally expect to be eaten in it's entirety today! Thank you secret santa!

post-2167-0-41808500-1607265598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 3

Mom got into the rest of her presents. Wow (not so secret) Secret Santa! You really out did yourself! Mom is very happy! She loves the shirt, immediately feeling the fabric and pronouncing it "very soft!...this is going to be really comfortable!". She is thrilled with the snack cakes, but her favorite at the moment are the mounds & almond joys candy bars. She is eating her 4th one as I type this. (See picture below)

Mom also received a couple of pieces of Russell Stover's dark chocolate candies and a blistix lip balm. (And we mustn't forget a can of potato chips, a box of coffee cakes, a kitten calendar and a tree! (We both really like that a tree was planted somewhere where it is so needed.)

Mom also hung your pretty ribbons on her tree for added decoration. :)

Thank you again! Mom keeps saying how thoughtful you are!

post-2167-0-65778400-1607286135_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-74375400-1607286154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 4

Well, I have 2 Santas that haven't checked in about shipping.  I'm kind of worried about them personally. For SS purposes, I'm just not sure when to ask for help.  If they shipped and just didn't tell me, there's no need for elves, but if they haven't shipped, I don't want to wait too late.  Decisions, ugh.  

Mainly, I really am worried about our girls.  

• Like 1

i received my package and LOVE it..THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!!!!!

i first took a picture of everything wrapped .. thinking i was going to wait till christmas ..

and then got busy doing some volunteer work..

and the presents were sitting here tempting me

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMA..

as well as the 5 bags of candy , that i was eating to much of all at once. !

so .. i took the 5 bags of candy and put them away to fight temptation..

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMA

then... came back and lost the fight of temptation and opened the gifts.. (that didnt last long) i absolutely love it all !!!

the throw is so so soft. i instantly opened it and wrapped myself in it!!!

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMAGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMA

• Like 4

Sorry Stevierocks, I am having trouble seeing your pics. And the id # are all the same, so I don't think they took. The throw sounds comfy cozy though.

If it makes you feel any better, mom finished polishing off all those mounds and almond joys about 5 mins ago. ;) Don't let her see those 5 bags of candy of yours!

• Like 2

Well, I have 2 Santas that haven't checked in about shipping. I'm kind of worried about them personally. For SS purposes, I'm just not sure when to ask for help. If they shipped and just didn't tell me, there's no need for elves, but if they haven't shipped, I don't want to wait too late. Decisions, ugh.

I’d reach out via PM (if you haven’t already) just to see how they’re doing. We all know this year has thrown curveballs at everyone at various times. Elves are on standby if needed. [emoji170]

• Like 3

I got a box today! Pretty sure it’s my SS box! Saving for Christmas! Can’t wait to see what’s inside! Thank you!!! [emoji16][emoji106][emoji170]

::playing devil's advocate::

Maybe they are wrapped....most people appear to wrap....you could be enjoying pretty wrapped packages while you wait....hmmm mmm?? Tempting isn't it......

And the kitties want a new box to play in.....

Open it.....go ahead...open it.

::ducking out quickly::

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 3

Well, I have 2 Santas that haven't checked in about shipping. I'm kind of worried about them personally. For SS purposes, I'm just not sure when to ask for help. If they shipped and just didn't tell me, there's no need for elves, but if they haven't shipped, I don't want to wait too late. Decisions, ugh.

I agree with Wittenlover, reach out and let's give them a little more time. I am assuming they are folks who have been with us a few years. Hopefully they are just delayed or busy.

Our local news tonight was reporting how backed up they are, between the deluge of packages AND postal workers out due to the virus. They reported that even when a postal rig arrives, it is a 20 hour wait, in a line of rigs, to unload the rig!

I've been tracking a package that went out last Monday. It was supposed to be delivered last Friday. Then USPS said Saturday. Now the USPS tracker simply says that the package will arrive late and that it is in transit.

Edited by Reinholt1

::playing devil's advocate::

Maybe they are wrapped....most people appear to wrap....you could be enjoying pretty wrapped packages while you wait....hmmm mmm?? Tempting isn't it......

And the kitties want a new box to play in.....

Open it.....go ahead...open it.

::ducking out quickly::

If they are wrapped, they would not remain so for long with my two felines... *gives cats a side eye/stink eye*

Besides, they already have boxes to play in. They’ll live for another couple weeks. lol

• Like 2

Oh no... You are such a trooper for handling this every year. I pray they answer you and everything is fine. I also hope that the packages all get to everyone safely so you don’t go through what we went through last year..... I don’t think anyone here realizes mine got ATE/Lost/Stalled/.... you fill in the blank. Anyways it never showed up and poor Bopeep had her hands full with the post office and insurance. She came through amazingly!

By the way mine came already this year :) thank you secret Santa. I am waiting to unwrap.

post-180171-16073965132938_thumb.jpg

Well I did open the starbursts already :)

• Like 3

Oh no... You are such a trooper for handling this every year. I pray they answer you and everything is fine. I also hope that the packages all get to everyone safely so you don’t go through what we went through last year..... I don’t think anyone here realizes mine got ATE/Lost/Stalled/.... you fill in the blank. Anyways it never showed up and poor Bopeep had her hands full with the post office and insurance. She came through amazingly!

By the way mine came already this year :) thank you secret Santa. I am waiting to unwrap.

attachicon.gifIMG_3915.JPG

Well I did open the starbursts already :)

I see a Bronner’s bag! I should make my way back up to Frankenmuth sometime during the holidays. I’m only an hour away. [emoji319]

• Like 1

I have messaged both of them, and emailed one (the other didn't give an email address) but haven't heard back from them.  Yes, both are long time members and I definitely don't think they flaked. They legit may just be running late, or forgot to send the tracking info.  I just know all the shipping companies are having serious delays, so I don't want to wait too long.  If I don't hear anything from them by Friday, I will call in the elves.  Thank you all for your support!

• Like 4

I see a Bronner’s bag! I should make my way back up to Frankenmuth sometime during the holidays. I’m only an hour away. [emoji319]

Great minds think alike! First thing I saw was that Bronner's bag. Whatever you got Kash, it' s going to be a goodie!

• Like 2

Actually the bag was from something else and happened to be there. But good eye my fellow Michiganders! Funny what makes us think of each other. Every time I ride my motorcycle by MIS I think of Wittenlover. Never met you in person. But I feel like I know you. Lol Edited by Kash
  • Like 1

Every time I ride my motorcycle by MIS I think of Wittenlover.

LOL. Every time I am near MIS I think of all those wonderful summers at church camp. The Irish Hills are a pretty area.

Looks like there are at least 4 of us in the same region. We should meet up after the virus...maybe over a chicken dinner in Frankenmuth.....

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2

My girls and I were so overly blessed by my ornament and secret Santa gifts. I loved everything and can't wait to read tge book this weekend when I start my vacation. The Santa ornament is absolutely perfect for this year and my blanket is super soft. Thanks for all the goodies and love that was put into my gifts. post-31207-16076485261745_thumb.jpegpost-31207-16076485311746_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 8

Ok, so I didn’t quite make it to my birthday but close enough!   :)

I’m blown away by my gifts!  Harry Potter PJ’s, fuzzy socks, Baby Yoda playing cards, candle that smells so good, a book I can’t wait to read and hot cocoa mix to drink while reading.  Thank you so very much Secret Santa!  Love love love it all. 

F30-FC655-C5-DA-4024-8-E71-15-D8-AF231-E

• Like 5