Secret Santa 2020 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

Santa came!  Santa came!  Finding that at my front door today was much needed after a day straight from COVID “heck”.   I’m going to try to wait until my birthday (12/15) to open it since I’ll be spending my 50th at work, in COVID heck.  Thank you thank you Secret Santa!  I’ll post pics when I do open it.  :)

• Like 7

Y'all, I cleaned up!  There were several gifts in the box, so I thought I'd open 1 every couple days.  WELL, with every package I got more excited and had to open another until before I knew it I had devoured it all.  OMG, I love it all!  Especially the kitchen towel that says "I just want to bake stuff & listen to Christmas music". That is so me!   I also got my favorite body lotion, some lavender bath bombs, a super cute snowman tray, some icing spatulas, a "Cookies for Santa" cake scraper with measurement conversions on the back, a notepad and pen, some peppermint print baking cups, a $10 Sonic card, and some fluffy OU socks (Boomer Sooner!).  

Santa, I am just blown away by your generosity.  Thank you so much!

CQd4aH9m.jpg?1

• Like 14

Well, mom opened a gift this afternoon. Her aide saw her feeling packages under the tree. Mom said "I am sure there is something good to eat under here." (I cut back her access to sweets to try and get her to eat some real food.)

The aide offered her soup or a sandwich but no. Mom wanted "dessert". The aide reports she selected a box, opened it and found Duke's crumb cakes. Mom immediate ate 3 of them. And this evening she has eaten at least one more. I am sure she will have that box polished off by tomorrow morning.

Thank you Secret Santa! Mom is happy tonight. I am sure she will get into the other packages soon.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 7

Been meaning to post. Christmas cards have been coming in. Mom is very happy. We have Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Texas, and Missouri so far. Mom won't let me hang them on the wall yet because she likes to reread them. She is keeping them in her rollator for right now.

And.....Mom finished off the last 5 Duke's coffee cakes this morning....less then 24 hours. ::sigh::

Thank you everyone!

• Like 7

Mom could not resist any longer and grabbed a package. She is very happy and says she loves it. Double cat calendars - one for her wall and one for her coffee table. She is looking through them both now and enjoying all the kitten pictures. ("Look at this one! It looks like he is ready to get into the devil!")

Surprisingly, mom said I can share a picture of her in her bathrobe. She keeps saying "I have to write her (secret Santa) and say thank you". (I told her the picture will be her thank you.)

Addendum....I was just looking at the little calendar..It has the exact same pictures as the 2020 calendar Sunni0913 gave mom for secret Santa last year. Made mom happier because "I can enjoy the same cats all over again!".

post-2167-0-91181000-1607180269_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 8

Surprisingly, mom said I can share a picture of her in her bathrobe. She keeps saying "I have to write her (secret Santa) and say thank you". (I told her the picture will be her thank you.)

Please tell mom she looks lovely, and I love her tabletop Chr-stmas tree.

So festive!

• Like 1

Received my Secret Santa package today. I can't even pretend that I was going to wait to open it because I knew I couldn't! I got an extremely soft stuffed snowman with the year on it, some soft socks, 2 packages of bath salts, a bag of Dove chocolate and Bath & Bodyworks Winterberry Wonder lotion. I was ready to take a shower before my package arrived. Those plans have now turned into a bath so I can use the bath salts! Thanks, Secret Santa, I love everything! Merry Christmas!

• Like 5

Received my Secret Santa package today. I can't even pretend that I was going to wait to open it because I knew I couldn't! I got an extremely soft stuffed snowman with the year on it, some soft socks, 2 packages of bath salts, a bag of Dove chocolate and Bath & Bodyworks Winterberry Wonder lotion. I was ready to take a shower before my package arrived. Those plans have now turned into a bath so I can use the bath salts! Thanks, Secret Santa, I love everything! Merry Christmas!

I guess we're not going to see a picture of that.....

::ducking away quickly before I get thwapped again.!

Hee hee hee::

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 6

Not thwapping you! Just don’t know how to post pictures here. Sorry!

I use imgbb.com to host my photos.

Go to their site, click on upload from your device. Select your photo, click Done. You can add additional photos the same way.

Once all photos are loaded, click on each photo one at a time to edit. I set the top number to 450 and allow the bottom number to automatically adjust. Click on Submit. Once you edit each photo, click Upload. When your photos are ready, copy the BBCode for full linked, then paste that code in a reply box or a new post here.

Once posted, remove anything that says

[url=http://imgbb.com]
or

[/url]
or anything similar. Leave the code which says

[img=photo code text.jpg]
or similar.

Hit preview post to see if it worked. Once happy with it, hit reply.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2