Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Win Prizes by Discussing Black Friday & More! [Contest Ends 11/30]

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Sep 27, 2020 - 9:22 am

Wow! Once again Brad you have listed some great prizes! Thank you and good luck to everyone.

#32 cllehto  OFFLINE  

cllehto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Sep 27, 2020 - 7:45 pm

These are great prizes! I'm a little disappointed that BF will be different this year. Some stores seem to already have big discounts, which is good. It makes you wonder if there will be any steep discounts for Black Friday. It will be easier to spread out the spending for Christmas though.

#33 dgiesb21  OFFLINE  

dgiesb21

Deal finatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 30, 2020 - 2:50 pm

I'm sooo excited. Even if we don't have normal black Friday, this site has always fed my black Friday happiness!!!

#34 alirwin1985  OFFLINE  

alirwin1985

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 1, 2020 - 2:27 am

I sincerely hope Black Friday won’t be too different. Shopping with family is a hoot and we always meet awesome people while waiting in the long lines. We shall see. Still excited thought for whatever stores decide to do.

#35 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 2, 2020 - 9:05 pm

I have no idea what I'll be shopping for this year, but there's a few things I need and it's great to come back here and discuss deals.

#36 mgreen  OFFLINE  

mgreen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 4, 2020 - 11:40 am

Black Friday will definitely NOT be the same this year... stores closed on Thanksgiving (that's enough of a shocker!), now so many states are having an increase in covid cases. Planning for an online experience. One good thing, if you are online maybe that will eliminate some of the unnecessary spending, lol. Sometimes you get a little carried away in the store.

#37 ajogg  OFFLINE  

ajogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 8, 2020 - 6:47 am

Thank you Brad (and the others that mod & run the site) for the prizes. Black Friday (and the Holidays in general with Covid 19) is going to be unusual this year. I still love checking the gottadeal.com site and forums often because there's a lot of nice helpful people here.

#38 packratfamily  ONLINE  

packratfamily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 8, 2020 - 2:04 pm

I am more at a loss this year than ever. No one needs much except groceries. I usually make jam and bread for gifts. Looks like more of the same. :|

Was hoping for a flash of brilliance.......

#39 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• 2,463 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 8, 2020 - 3:54 pm

I am more at a loss this year than ever. No one needs much except groceries. I usually make jam and bread for gifts. Looks like more of the same. :|
Was hoping for a flash of brilliance.......

Same. My kids are all grown and no grandkids so it’s going to be uninspired cash for everyone, I think.

#40 cllehto  OFFLINE  

cllehto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 13, 2020 - 8:53 pm

There are some good deals on the sites i visited today. It doesn't seem the same because I haven't seen sale ads and don't know what's a popular toy that will be in many sales or what the prices will be discounted to. So, I can't compare and go to the site with the best deal. But some of the deals seem to be like the Black Friday deals of past years. Probably depends on what you are looking for.

#41 joymm58  OFFLINE  

joymm58

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 14, 2020 - 12:07 pm

Thanks for being here again this year and for all the great prizes to win!! Yes it has begun!! I'm so excited!!

#42 kellis4321  OFFLINE  

kellis4321

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 17, 2020 - 12:48 pm

Thanks for doing this Brad!

#43 stevierocks  OFFLINE  

stevierocks

• 1,039 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 19, 2020 - 6:15 am

i love the contests , but also love the community that develops on gotta deal. 

thank you again brad, as this may be an odd year for GD . 

#44 hoits2000  OFFLINE  

hoits2000

Deal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 19, 2020 - 6:46 pm

I’m kind of excited about this year. It’s almost like the good old days where places didn’t open until 5 or 6am on Friday and we get to enjoy thanksgiving dinner again and football haha.

Plus if we get more deals all November long, there’s nothing wrong with that.

#45 BearlyThere  OFFLINE  

BearlyThere

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2020

Posted Oct 25, 2020 - 4:14 pm

Had to set up a new account as my prior email was hacked beyond help ........   but so excited to continue my following of GottaDeal and BF discussions!

#46 kellis4321  OFFLINE  

kellis4321

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 28, 2020 - 8:22 am

I'm so getting ready for this.  I have already bought a couple of things.  We are getting toy books in the mail so the grandkids are looking and making list (or i am for them) and my son has already got his list going on the frig.  My husband has a wish list on Amazon.  I have a wish list, Christmas list and shopping list on Amazon!  Woo hoo!  I don't buy hardly anything from Amazon any more.  I try to find it elsewhere and support locally.  I just use Amazon for the list!!  LOL

#47 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,929 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 28, 2020 - 8:30 pm

This will be an interesting year for deals and sales spread out over the upcoming months!!

#48 bossy1  OFFLINE  

bossy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 31, 2020 - 10:14 am

ok. .tomorrow is  Nov...let the good sales begin... I really need the pick me up...Don't for get to set your clocks back tonight.

#49 BearlyThere  OFFLINE  

BearlyThere

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2020

Posted Nov 15, 2020 - 2:40 pm

Received the box I won via the shopping spree thread - YAY!!

Awesome shirt and a whole lotta Gotta swag.

THANK YOU Brad.

#50 Iliveforblckfri  OFFLINE  

Iliveforblckfri

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 16, 2020 - 10:33 am

My big news is last night people were talking about Black Friday and they looked at me and said what happened to the shirts we were going to wear. I bought shirts we’d all be dressed like four years ago. now they want to wear them I just need to find them tonight. Have a great day everyone.

Darla Who flies 800 miles (RT) to be in a town with stores for Black Friday :gdhug5:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users