Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Walmart’s Prime competitor Walmart+ will launch this month for $98/year

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,798 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jul 7, 2020 - 9:56 am

https://www.vox.com/...program-walmart

Walmart plans to launch a new subscription service later this month called Walmart+ that will cost $98 a year. It will include perks like same-day delivery of groceries and general merchandise, discounts on fuel at Walmart gas stations, and early access to product deals.

#2 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 58,927 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 7, 2020 - 10:50 am

It would very much interest me to have free grocery delivery as Amazon does not offer that in my area! Thank goodness we can do pickups at Walmart - but trying to get a time slot is not always easy.

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#3 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 7, 2020 - 12:52 pm

Walmart originally planned to unveil Walmart+ in late March or April, Recode reported in February, but the retailer pushed back the launch date after the Covid-19 pandemic began sweeping across the US in March.

Counterintuitive.  People not wanting to go out so a retailer delays launch of online option?  People blame COVID19 for everything.

Prime offers...

• Prime Video
  • Amazon Channels
  • Prime Music
  • Amazon Music Unlimited
  • Twitch Prime
  • Monthly payment option
  • 45 percent Prime fee discount for those on government assistance
  • Student discounts

Walmart counters with discounted gas   :2goodnite

I'm not a big fan of loyalty clubs -- especially the kind that charge admission.  While I like the idea of delivery, the logistics are tough and you are relying on others to select fresh stuff.

#4 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jul 9, 2020 - 5:47 pm

^^^ Walmart has a Capital One card with cash back, but it does not seem to be associated with this loyalty program.

#5 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 11, 2020 - 7:35 pm

It would very much interest me to have free grocery delivery as Amazon does not offer that in my area! Thank goodness we can do pickups at Walmart - but trying to get a time slot is not always easy.

Our Walmart has gotten much better with their pick up times. Although, I have to admit Sam's club has really come through with their curbside pick up. I also love their "scan and go" feature in the app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users