Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Pier 1 is undertaking Chapter 11 proceedings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 58,116 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 22, 2020 - 1:31 am

Another one bites the dust?

Pier 1 is pursuing a sale of the Company and is undertaking Chapter 11 proceedings to facilitate an orderly sale process. The Company fully expects to operate its business in the normal course during this process, and Pier 1’s continuing stores and online platform are open and operating. We remain focused on providing customers with unique, on-trend merchandise and an exceptional shopping experience.

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#2 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Feb 22, 2020 - 6:11 am

My store closed last year and I think another one within about 20 miles is getting ready to close soon.  We lost two Hallmark stores a couple of years ago and now Pier 1.  I didn’t go into my Pier 1 all that regularly but I loved having the option to go there for gifts and such.  
:(

#3 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,558 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 22, 2020 - 11:38 am

I didn’t go into my Pier 1 all that regularly but...

That's the problem.  And the consequence is called capitalism.  Can't wait to see what displaces Amazon.

#4 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,859 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 23, 2020 - 7:41 am

Can’t say I’ve ever bought anything there. Few times I’ve been in just seemed very overpriced and a lot of things not my taste.

#5 Ravenseye  OFFLINE  

Ravenseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 24, 2020 - 3:14 am

That was always my issue there @Kanyon71. They had kitschy stuff and I found _very_ similar items at the Dollar Tree...

Merry ChrismaHanukwanzikayule Everyone! (I know it's early, but it's the best time of year, and it should last well beyond when it's fashionable!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users