Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Texting international need help

3 replies to this topic

#1 2chia  OFFLINE  

2chia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 1, 2019 - 11:20 am

Hi

I will be traveling to a Asia country for vacation next year and was wondering if this is possible. I will be renting a pocket wifi

I have a spare cellphone ( is not UNLOCKED) and I am taking that phone with me. I do have a Google Voice account.  and is a android phone.  My BFF has an iphone and she does not or intend to get google voice account. She is not into social media so FB messenger  is out and she does  not use Yahoo messenger either . Not Skype either.  Basically any social media app is out .

If I use my google voice app while in Asia will that work , or is there any other app that will allow me text to her cellphone text ?

Thanks .

#2 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,844 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 1, 2019 - 12:04 pm

My friends went to Japan this summer. They were able to text their moms (same phone carrier), but they were unable to text me (different carrier).
Instead they emailed me, and that worked great. And especially with the time difference, that worked out since we were on an opposite sleep/wake cycle.

#3 2chia  OFFLINE  

2chia

• 1,191 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Dec 1, 2019 - 6:45 pm

My friends went to Japan this summer. They were able to text their moms (same phone carrier), but they were unable to text me (different carrier).I
Instead they emailed me, and that worked great. And especially with the time difference, that worked out since we were on an opposite sleep/wake cycle.

I  had hope that email was not the only way . my BFF is retired so I dont have to worry about when the time I would be texting her (which is night time in Asia ) and she would be here in USA and living the retirement time.  I guess is the  email then.

#4 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,214 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 2, 2019 - 8:35 am

Do you both have iPhones?

GO BRUINS!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users