What did you buy? How were the crowds? Share your experiences!

Brad

As always, let's have this single thread for you to share what deals you scored, both online and in stores, as well as any experiences you feel like sharing about the ordering/shopping process and how the crowds were if you go to brick & mortar stores.

Went after dinner, about 7, wanted the 50 inch tv at walmart, of course they were out.

Got some jammie pants, the dvd wifi player, and a diet coke lol. Wasnt crowded by that time...most of the registers open and we didnt even wait inline.

Went across the street to Target,,they had tons of tvs that was not in the add, got 2 50 inch smart tvs for $199.00.

great price!! 

Target was not packed either... :singer:

I haven’t been out yet but I online got:

Amazon-

Gotham season 5

Laverne & Shirley complete series

Walmart -

Elton John-Me book

Yesterday blu ray

Orange is the New Black season 6

B&BW:

Holiday tote

Dachshund wall plug

Recordable frame hand bac holder

Gingham gift set

Champagne gift set

Cactus Flower gift set

I need to run to the BMV so I’ll hit Target while I’m out. I still need a few DVDs.

I think I’m done shopping except for a few boutique items that won’t go on sale.

No B&M stores for me but I made several online purchases:

Target Red Card Early Access Wednesday

NBA 2K20

Several gift sets at 30% off

Dick’s Sporting Goods

Adidas hoodie

Nike hoodie

2 hydro flasks

Best Buy

Toy Story 4 blu-ray

2 Apple Watch bands

Walmart

Secret Life of Pets 2 blu-ray

Nike

Air Max 97

Hollister

2 pairs of jeans @ 50% off

I don’t plan on walking into a store until tomorrow morning for Target’s deal on Christmas decor and wrapping.

Edited by tyreejames

I was out this morning.  Around 8:00am.  Weather was nice.  Crowds were thin.  Finished my shopping -- including groceries -- and was home by 11:30am.

At the B&Ms, I made a couple impulse buys.  No presents or door busters.  The only things I bought that qualify as BF purchases were...

and only the first wasn't for me.

I count my PC as a BF triumph even if I got parts of it a week early...

• 2.8GHz Intel Core i5-8400 6-core processor with up to 4GHz turbo frequency and 9MB cache memory
  • 16GB memory
  • 1TB hard drive
  • 16GB Optane
  • 31.5" 1920 x 1080 LCD
  • ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1650 OC 4GB GDDR5 128-Bit Gaming Graphics Card

https://www.staples.com/hp-pavilion-desktop-590-p0050-intel-i5-1tb-hdd-24gb-ram-windows-10/product_24338689 $379.99 after rebate

https://www.staples.com/acer-eb321hq-abi-31-5-full-hd-widescreen-ips-monitor/product_24384936 $104.99

https://www.staples.com/Crucial-8GB-DDR4-SDRAM-UDIMM-DDR4-2400-PC4-19200-Desktop-Memory-Module-CT8G4DFD824A/product_2580601 $36.49

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QF1H9YR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 $149.99

==> $670ish ($315ish OOP)

Edited by len_mullen

Went out after dinner Tging night and 6 am today. Worse crowds last night was WM but check out was quick at both WMs we went too. Got TV and Keurig and a few Misc.

JCP well picked over, but got some clothes.

Today all stores busy. Worst lines definitely Kohl’s. At least a 45 min wait. I looked at what I wanted for another order after previously placing one Monday. Stood in aisle ordered it all online shipped and left.

Target very busy but got a few groceries( regular Target not Super) and quickly through checkout and got my 20% coupon.

All stores were busy but not much worse then a Saturday afternoon.

Most was online shopping

Costco

Pacman 2 player arcade machine

3 of the 12 month playstation plus memberships

2 of the fortnite playstation 4 bundles

Target

7 playstation 4 controllers

Sears

Air Hockey Table

Michaels

Art table and stool combo

Several easels

best buy

a 10 dollar video game

amazon

a few purchases

Lowes went in person

4 live wreaths

10 poinsettas

1 combo poinsetta and plants

batteries

shop vac

went back

decided to paint livingroom and hallway

bungee chair and pillows

ended up using 5 of the 10 off 50 coupons and used hubbys military discount for the rest

Tractor supply went there

4 kitty litter

carthart overalls

Not much B&M shopping for me this year for 2 reasons......one, I didn’t need or want too much and because it poured rain all day yesterday and most of today. Anyway, Thanksgiving night went to DSW for the 30% off the store sale. I think there were more employees than customers so that was good for us. We each left with a pair of shoes and some cute novelty socks. After that tee went to Belk. It was packed but we still managed to look and checkout without too much difficulty. So all total, including the early access sales this week......

Kohl’s: (all online) 3 pair PJ’s, 5 throws (most for gifts), socks for a gift, diamond studs, weighted blanket, holiday tshirt, 2 pair house slippers and various underthings.

Target: (all online) throws for work gifts, personal care sets for 30% off, Classic Care Bear plush.

Pottery Barn: (online) Christmas Ornament

Belk: (in store) doorbuster roasting pan, doorbuster holiday wine tumblers, jacket and a handbag

Best Buy: (all online) smart plugs, Captain Marvel Blu-ray, This Is Us season 3 set, Spider Man Blu-ray Creed 2 Blu-ray

JCP: (online for store pickup today) PJ pants, pajama sets for Senior Tree gifts, 2 Holiday T-shirts’

Hallmark: 3 keepsake ornaments in store, online, blown glass ornament set, holiday kitchen decor at 20% off

DSW: (in store). One pair shoes, novelty socks

Bath & Body Works: 6 things for the B3G3

I did pre-black friday shopping online at Kohls and Target, and that all went very well.  

Yesterday we went to Old Navy, at 6, totally empty.  Michaels, totally empty, Kohls, fairly busy, but we got lucky and got checked out at the jewelry counter.  Then headed to the mall.  JC Penney was pretty busy, line went fast.  Macy's was a mob scene, but the employees did a good job.  DIck's was very busy, other mall stores were pretty busy too.  After the mall, we went to Walmart, about 11, and it was a ghost town.  They were moving things around, but there were lots of ad items all over.

Today, we went to Target to get an iPhone, and was first in line at 6:35.  Went quickly and smoothly, and I was very grateful!  Then back to the mall for a few stores that weren't open yesterday.  Then... back to Macy's which was still a mob scene, lol!  Home by noon.  Very happy and tired overall, and glad to say that I have a really good start on my shopping!  

Thanks Brad and Gotta Deal for all that you do to help guide us!! 

• Like 1

Purposely went about 7 just to get out and see what’s going on. I had already gotten the most important stuff online. Wanted the 40“ tv at Walmart but wasn’t expecting it. My sister and I are seasoned BF shoppers and low and behold someone had abandoned a 50” in the baby formula isle. Lol. Score! My niece bought neon strips for her room and my sister bought for her grand daughter. Crowd was minimal and no lines to check out. Sure was better than standing there forever! Target next but not much there .. DD saw friends and shopped with them for a bit. lol. Good night. Not much we needed this year so we got more than expected !

Oh totally forgot that I took a chance at the Home Depot artificial tree this year and got one. I am so happy. Fam is not. Lol. They love the real tree. Yeah I bet you do since it’s all magically out together the next time you see it after we buy it. Hahahahaha

Edited by jewleyp
  • Like 1

I did my shopping Thanksgiving day online n got everything I need from

Walmart, Kohl’s, Amazon, and Etsy. Today I went with my mother and sister to Walmart at 10a and I was suprised I got several BF sales. I ended up getting the take along storage containers and the Mr Coffee coffee pot. Then our other stop was inside the mall to Dunham’s and BBW. Got the tote and b3g3 using several coupons n gift cards I had got. All in al it was a great adventure.

We toned things down even more than we planned due to hubby’s recent hospitalization. He had a nasty infection n had to get his big toe amputated. But with sales I did pretty good. Used my 10.00 GC I got from Brad in my survival kit towards a nice set of headphones for my son. They were on sale for 24.99 with free shipping. I paid about 16.00 so that was a happy purchase.

• Like 2

I did all of my shopping B&M and didn't order anything online.  The stores I went to were Kohl's and Walmart.  I shopped at Kohl's a couple of days before Thanksgiving because they had the prices already in store when I went to check them out.  A sales associate told me it was a "glitch", but hey it benefited me, so I took advantage of it.  

Kohl's I got:

Men's New Balance shoes

Men's sweater

3 pair Fila women's shoes

I went to Walmart on Thanksgiving, and got there early around 3:30, so that I could get a good parking spot and most important a shopping cart, lol.  The carts are gone if you wait to get there near 6.  There was a large crowd of course but not too unbearable.  I was able to get everything I wanted plus some extra stuff the next morning when they opened by searching the aisles and looking for left-overs.

Walmart I got:

Power XL air fryer toaster oven

Lucid memory foam topper/pillow set

Nintendo switch wireless controller

onn. 7" tablet

Fujifilm instax camera bundle

Copper Chef electric skillet

Pioneer Woman digital slow cooker

Instant Pot pressure cooker

onn. wireless ear pods

Pilot dash cam

Marvel Avengers figure set

Men's slippers

Several sets of men's/women's/children's underwear, socks, etc.

wash cloths

Bytes cable protectors

• Like 1

Crowds were not bad at all in the south suburban area of Chicago. I did a mix of online and B&M stores.

Ulta (online): I got the naked 3 eye palette, set of eye make up brushes, hair spray and mascara. Very quick check out and it’s already shipped and close to be delivered [emoji1316]

Target (online): art kit. I do plan on going to the store for the $50 off $100 decor and wrapping today.

Amazon: Lion King blu ray combo pack (5.96!)

Tv mount

Bath and body works (in store): wallflowers, soap and other goodies with their buy 3 get 3 free and coupons [emoji846]

Kohl’s (in store): clothing, Nike gym shoes, knife set

Kate Spade(online): tote bag for an amazing deal! [emoji7]

Did anyone’s Walmart have the Toy Story 4 dvd? I went specifically for that one and didn’t get it. And they had a lot left over! Ahhhh!

Started at B&M at 5am Friday. WM was fairly empty as it had been last year; got most of what I wanted except for the $4 movies and track suits for DS.

JCP had plenty of doorbusters but was hard to find all their location.

Walked into Best Buy at 8:05 - no line, no tickets, and got the doorbuster in store that was not available for purchase online. I'm still in shock about that one. I waited in the checkout line for maybe 10 minutes but I've waited in worse. :)

Home by around 10:30 and finished my shopping online for items that are not sold in stores.

Seems like moving so many Black Friday deals online has almost negated the necessity of Cyber Monday....

Well I guess my area was different  

It was slammed pack everywhere : 

Started at walmart and picked up:
TV

Instapot Blender

Instapot Airfryer

Pj sets

Socks

Picture Frames

Airpods

Remote Control Car

Scooter

Glass Baking Dishes

Otterbox Case

Movies

Then I went to Target

Xbox Jedi set

Galaxy Tab A

karaoke Machine

Games

Unicorn Blanket

Then to the Mall - JcPenny, Macys,Finish Line, Journeys, Vans

Well I got clothes, shoes and housewares

There were no free rebate items left and only a few of the 7.99 rebates at Macys. I still managed to pull off some amazing deals 

Went home and got about 2 hours sleep

Inline at 5:30 for Home Depot opening

Picked up a Christmas Tree

Kitchen Faucet

15 - poinsettias

Then headed to lowes

Front porch Decorating kit

Batteries

Power tools

Garbage Disposal 

Went back to Target

Remote control Car

Giant Teddy Bear

Went back to the Mall

Pink - Clothing and Body Mist

NY and Company - Clothing 

Belk - Boots 

Then I went home - Oh did I mention I do not drink coffee but ended up in a starbucks line that reminded me of the black friday lines from the past - twice this night. 

I did some shopping on line as well  ( Thanks Len - got a great deal on my laptop from Staples ) 

Now reseting to get ready for next year 

• Like 3

Very very light year this year. We have guardianship of my granddaughter so money is not as free as previous years. And my mom is in the hospital recovering from surgery.

I actually got everything I really wanted online.

Best Buy:

Allita: Battle Angle, Hellboy, Mortal Engines and Bohemian Rhapsody all on 4k.

Target:

Jbuds Air Sport wireless headphones x2

Ventured out with the baby around 8pm Thursday. Went to Walmart and walked around a bit. Crowds were very light. Didn't buy anything. Headed to Target. Parking lot was still a madhouse so I passed. Passed by Best Buy on the way and still looked crazy so went home. Ventured out Friday morning and grabbed some toys for the baby. Went to Target and walked around a bit and didn't buy anything.

I will say this. Walmart really pissed me off with their new Layaway policy. No item under $10 and the minimum amount has to be $50. Some of the toys I had were $5 each and taking them out of the equation took my total under $50. Seems like nothing more than a way to get people to spend more money.

Very very light year this year. We have guardianship of my granddaughter so money is not as free as previous years. And my mom is in the hospital recovering from surgery.

I actually got everything I really wanted online.

Best Buy:

Allita: Battle Angle, Hellboy, Mortal Engines and Bohemian Rhapsody all on 4k.

Target:

Jbuds Air Sport wireless headphones x2

Ventured out with the baby around 8pm Thursday. Went to Walmart and walked around a bit. Crowds were very light. Didn't buy anything. Headed to Target. Parking lot was still a madhouse so I passed. Passed by Best Buy on the way and still looked crazy so went home. Ventured out Friday morning and grabbed some toys for the baby. Went to Target and walked around a bit and didn't buy anything.

I will say this. Walmart really pissed me off with their new Layaway policy. No item under $10 and the minimum amount has to be $50. Some of the toys I had were $5 each and taking them out of the equation took my total under $50. Seems like nothing more than a way to get people to spend more money.

That Walmart thing is really disappointing, it sounds like it would really affect people who don't have much money, sometimes layaway is the perfect way for me to shop.

That Walmart thing is really disappointing, it sounds like it would really affect people who don't have much money, sometimes layaway is the perfect way for me to shop.

I haven't used layaway in years. But with the baby it would have helped this year. And what's worse is they don't really make that policy seen anywhere. I was told it was on the website. Well bad on me for not checking there. I found out after waiting in line for 30 minutes being the next in line. The person on front of me had issues.

Mom fell and broke her arm. I have been adult sitting her all week. She can't walk well on pain meds.

I managed to find someone to stay with mom for two hours so I could run to petsmart and buy catlitter. Not the $8.88 of previous years but $10.99 is still a good price when you have 4 cats between mom and I. Got some buy one get one temptation treats too. So I am happy. They did not have any feather da bird toy refills though. My kitten already demolished the one I had.

I got there about 5pm. Still a moderate sized crowd to push a heavy cat litter laden cart through. Check out wasn't to bad. A clerk took pity on me and took me in a line that they were closing. So I got through check out quickly.

I ordered some Armani perfume for my SIL from Kohl’s. Best price I’ve seen! I got her the 1.7 oz bottle (Reg price $70) instead of the 1 oz. I had $5 Yes to Rewards, then received $15 in Kohl’s cash. The 1.7 oz bottle came to $51 which is only $3 more than I had been expecting to pay for the 1 oz bottle. Yay!

I did not go to B&M stores. I considered Ulta and Sephora, but we had a huge snowstorm on Tuesday, and our roads were still a pain in the butt on Friday. Combine that with the freezing fog we had.. staying in with a hot cuppa and Christmas movies won out!

Edited by ShoppingChick13

Online:

Kohl's* (sheets, blanket, socks, underwear..woohoo!)

Amazon (Kindle Fire for the kid, again)

Old Navy (cozy socks for everyone)

GameStop (B2 used games, get 1 free)

Home Depot* (craft supplies)

*ordered online, picked up in store

B&M:

Target x2 (last Sunday for Samsung phone and TV, Thurs night for blu ray player, movies, and Tums.  Adulthood rocks!)

Bath & Body Works (B3G3 + VIP tote)

GameStop (browsing only, and helping DS8 fill out his Christmas list)

Kohl's (Saturday to spend my KC, new Nike shoes for DS8)

We went to Walmart at 5pm Thursday night. We got some free hot cocoa, water, and snacks to take with us while we waited in the lines. My DH waited in line for the 65 inch Phillips TV, and I waited in line with my DD for two of the Apple watches. We got all three items as we were there a hour ahead of time.

I ordered everything online; like a few others, BF isn’t the same anymore so I don’t even go out, but anyway, I ordered:

Kohl’s: pillows and a cute little cardigan I seen (both store pick up, received)

Walmart: bedding set/matching curtains for my youngest (received) and Just Dance 2020 (still waiting for shipping confirmation)

Target: jeans (I ordered early because they had the clothing coupon so they were actually a little cheaper) -received

Ugg closet: boots/slippers for my girls (shipped)

Best Buy: NFL 2K20 for my brother (shipped)

Crocs: platform crocs and Baya lined crocs and 6 charms (waiting for shipping confirmation)

Justice: ordered early w/ 50% off and I’m glad I did because BF was only 40% off (previous years was 50%)

Over all, I’m happy with what I got, still have a little more to get, but I’ll start wrapping this weekend

• Like 1

I placed a couple of online orders early in the week (Macy's and Kohl's) for a new suit and some work clothes.

For the first time, I was in Massachusetts (Plymouth area) this year Wednesday to Saturday, where all stores (except pharmacies) are closed all day Thanksgiving. (I like it!)

My wife, daughter and I got a nap after Thanksgiving dinner, then I dropped off my wife and daughter at an Old Navy near our hotel shortly after midnight and headed to Macy's to get most of their free after rebate items and look at a few other things shortly after they opened at 12:30. Crowds very light there at that hour.  After Macy's I picked up my wife and daughter at a Walmart and took them back to the hotel.  I continued through the night with stops at Walmart, Best Buy, Old Navy, and Kohls.  Then returned to the hotel for breakfast and to go on the Kohl's web site and check the dimensions of some toaster oven-air fryers I had seen (decided against it) but placed an order for a smaller toaster oven and other items.

Unlike Walmart, which opened at 1 a.m., Targets in Massachusetts did not open until 7:00 a.m.  After breakfast I stopped in Target then drove farther north to an Office Max (batteries free after points) and a Sears, which it turned out was in the final days of liquidation, so no BF deals there, but got a replacement for the rear wiper on my car, which I needed.  

At about 11:45 PM Friday I realized that the Ace Hardware 50% off one item coupon was about to expire, so I placed an online order for store pickup of a 48" level that I want to replace.  I set the pick-up location to an Ace store closer to home, since it would take a few days to get the item to a store.  I stopped by a local Ace Hardware later on Friday to get a few advertised small tools.

During the day Friday and Saturday I made 2 stops each at CVS and Rite Aid to get some of their deals.

I finished with a stop at a CVS in a Target in Connecticut to get a flu shot (free with insurance, plus a $5 Target coupon available in most states, but not New York or Massachusetts.  And later a stop at a second Rite Aid in Connecticut and one near home just before midnight Saturday. 

Edited by mcwalker